It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe gun control will never stopped a person's intent to kill.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Tbh with you guys, I once believed that some form of gun control will work until very recently.

Gun control would have never stopped a person's intent to kill.

While reading a book about Timothy McVeigh, I came across this passage:

If he'd read Ross's book earlier, McVeigh says, he would have given serious consideration to a "war of attrition" against the government, mounting a sniper campaign picking off individual agents and elected officials, rather than blowing up an office building and taking the lives of innocent people, like children in the day care center.

-American Terrorist: Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma Bombing pg. 304

McVeigh was deeply scarred by his experiences in his time in the Army and being alienated by the very country he served and at some point would have lashed out. Even if somehow he doesn't create his bomb or didn't have access to firearms, McVeigh would have gone on a killing spree with some sort of weapon because he still has that murderous mindset.

McVeigh can also easily get a gun illegally since guns are easier to get due t illegal guns being smuggled from Mexico.

My point is when a person has homicidal tendencies, he or she will use whatever weapon he or she can find and use it. No gun control would have stopped him or her. The fact that McVeigh stated he would changed his methods shows he is open to whatever weapon that is available to him.

I think if McVeigh got professional help and wasn't alienated by society, the Oklahoma Bombing would have never happened.
edit on 2/24/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

My point is when a person has homicidal tendencies, he or she will use whatever weapon he or she can find and use it.

Adam Lanza PROVES this.

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting occurred on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut, United States, when 20-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 children between six and seven years old, as well as six adult staff members. Prior to driving to the school, he shot and killed his mother at their Newtown home. As first responders arrived at the scene, Lanza committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.

en.wikipedia.org...

Background checks.

Age limits.

Bump stock bans.

Would have done nothing.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

While I understand a lot people believe gun control similar to Japan will work, they fail to take into account that for Japan, its hard for illegal guns to come through the borders because it is surrounded by ocean.

Meanwhile the US shares a border with a third world nation and if guns were banned, the Drug Cartels would have smuggled guns into the US.

My problem with a lot of people is that they fail take into account of geography. What works in Europe and Japan will never work in the US.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Another thing to consider?

IMO - (and many others) - this past 'killer' - WANTED TO BE STOPPED!

He posted on Instagram, FB, and other social media - what he intended to do.

Who does that if they don't want to be stopped!

Many people 'called in their concerns' to the FBI, etc.

And let's not discount the what - 39 times law inforcemant went to this kids home?

He was SCREAMING OUT TO BE STOPPED.

What does that have to do with gun control?

Had someone taken his guns - but not 'stopped him' (by addressing his needs)?

Do I believe he would have run over people with a car?

Used a knife?

You bet I do.

It was a FAIL all the way around between the teachers, social workers, law enforcement, eyc.

They KNEW.

They. Did. Not. Care.

So why is that the guns fault?

It isn't.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: neo96

While I understand a lot people believe gun control similar to Japan will work, they fail to take into account that for Japan, its hard for illegal guns to come through the borders because it is surrounded by ocean.

Meanwhile the US shares a border with a third world nation and if guns were banned, the Drug Cartels would have smuggled guns into the US.

My problem with a lot of people is that they fail take into account of geography. What works in Europe and Japan will never work in the US.

Which means for comprehensive gun banning to work correctly, we would indeed need a wall on our southern border.

Let's let that sink in for the progressives for a minute...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Timothy McVeigh was a patsy.
He was set up by the CIA to blow up the building that contained all of the files on DOD injuries.
Cody Snodgras turned down the assignment that would have involved him with Tim McVeigh and "the scientist in Patient Seventeen" www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are multiple articles as well as some ATS OP's here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I think if McVeigh got professional help and wasn't alienated by society, the Oklahoma Bombing would have never happened.

You can't find footage what happened at Waco anymore, just bits and pieces, edited to reflect the official narrative. Same with ME wars. McVeigh was there at both places.

I get why he did what he did.

Having said that I also hold, two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think a very big problem is; If people are so nuts as they have been made out to be.

What makes them think CRAZEE people are going to obey the next law they write?

Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You could do a lot more with a car loaded with bottles of gas running it through the doors of the school or even a wall than with a gun. We need to find out how to identify the threat and how to correct the problems.

A person could just go crash through a crowd of kids with a car at recess. There are lines of kids waiting to get on the bus to leave school. We need to address the issue here which is identifying problem people and getting them straightened out....before something happens....not after the action.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Guns are not allowed in Brazil and we've got 60k deaths per year by them... Criminals and wackos will put their hands on guns even with 1000 laws forbidding them.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Completely agree with you on this.

I’m from UK and we still have murders.
(I know this is very broad)

But also at the same time I do not think it’s acceptable, to have guns so ready available to anyone...

To me this is insanity, yes I know it is an amendment, but you must thnk they wrote these when they had single fire weapons.
Not fully automatic machine guns.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AncientPheonix

The UK is surrounded by ocean, so it would be very hard for illegal guns to be smuggled in and it isn't bordered by a 3rd world nation like the US is.
edit on 2/24/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
School was blown up in Michigan back in '27... killed 38 students and 6 adults.
If a crazy person wants to kill no law on the planet will stop them, or even slow them down really.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It would be relatively easy, unfortunately there isn’t a market for it..

Light bulb moment.. New business venture?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If they try to ban guns it will get bloody. How many lives will banning guns cost? I know it will be thousands if not 100s of thousands of formerly law abiding citizens shot in their homes and in the streets as well as those unfortunate enough to be selected to try and take them.

I figure if they ever come for my lawfully purchased and owned firearms it will be time to make my stand in my home and die for my beliefs. I am okay with that because I don't want to live in an Authoritarian world anyway.

They only way to actually mitigate the problem is to remove soft targets like schools, theaters and other 'gun free zones'. We need to pay for qualified armed deputies to be on site.

This is the only way to make people safer. Each school and each public soft target needs to pay an extra salary and hire these people.

Otherwise people will find that a 'gun free zone' is actually a 'target rich environment'.

NRA member and proud gun owner.

edit on 2018/2/24 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Tbh with you guys, I once believed that some form of gun control will work until very recently.

Guns are very useful for population control.

Just think, 17 people were removed from the social security system, leaving 17 spots for undocumented aliens to fill.

At the rate of these school shootings, Trump wouldn't have to deport any dreamers.

They can just fill the vacant spots created by all the available guns.

No need to do anything at all. Just wait.

Oh, and support your local NRA.

They're doing a wonderful job, keeping the population within limits.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yea yea... lets just forget that pesky little thing called the bill of rights, lets just have congress tell us which ones we get to keep I am certain that will work out swell.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Guns coming in from the border are now irrelevant. Pistols can now be legally manufactured at home and distributed. Build a wall, and you still wouldn't be able to implement gun control. New 3D printing and other at-home manufacturing technologies have made any form of fire arm prohibition impossible to implement....which is exactly how it should be.

The tighter your grip, the less control you have.

edit on 24-2-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: added video

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Crimes happen the most in Gun Free Zones.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I find a magnitude of suspicion behind facts like pharmaceutical drugs
being just as prevalent in these cases as the guns themselves.
I guess that fact isn't on any agenda tho.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join