It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic intelligence memo released -- live updates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Having read it, you'd think the twice demoted Bruce Ohr was a badly maligned national hero right along with the sidelined McCabe.

All the demotions and reassignments for the key conspirators weren't for nothing I would suggest.

edit on 24-2-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: neo96

They do indeed need to shut up if they expect to win.

~Tenth

If only they would.

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
This memo alleges that according to the FBI, the investigation
started on July 31, with Papadopoulas, and argues the point
that it was not Steele's "raw intelligence" that led to the FISA.

This is the major takeaway - They are pretty desperate to
keep Steele distanced from the FISA warrant, even though
there appears no evidence to support this argument.

So, what they're really saying is that the investigation started with Papadopoulas and when they couldn't come up with anything new on him in order to renew the FISA warrant when it expired 90 days later, they threw in the dossier to come up with something new on Carter Page so they could keep eavesdropping.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

At some point, people Left-Center-Right-Alternative need to stop being in denial about the fact that they are also responsible for why people like this get "elected president" from Republican/Democrat/Liberal/Alternative, exchanging authoritative figureheads doesn't change the authoritative systems
edit on 24-2-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Democratic memo claims the dossier compiled by Christopher Steele was not the impetus for the Russia investigation, and was far from the only source of information used in the process of obtaining warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act against former Trump campaign aide Carter Page: "In subsequent FISA renewals, DOJ provided additional information obtained through multiple independent sources that corroborated Steele's reporting," the Democratic memo says, with those apparent sources redacted.

And yet the treasnous loons Never Trump rolled out a foreign created hit piece as justification in to this witch hunt.

That right there is foreign collusion to rig an election.

Orbis/Steele/Democrats.

Right there in front of your faces no Meuller, and blowing millions of dollars was needed.

Pretty much. It baffles me that this concept escapes so many. Just wait until the actual warrant application surfaces, and the dossier is mentioned there. Though the "I'm with her" people have never been known for logical consistency.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

The memo still avoids the facts already known about the FISA application, the fact the source of the dossier was hidden from the courts, the fact they judge shopped for renewals of FISA warrants etc etc.

The Democratic memo is bunk and a distraction. nothing more.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

It was never suggested the dossier wasn't included.

It simply was not the entire basis, nor the majority basis for the warrant, as the GOP memo suggested.

I do expect to see the dossier mentioned in the application, or at least one of them since there should be many if it was renewed several times.

I just also expect to see MORE information that did not come from there. If there isn't, well the sad part is I won't be surprised either.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

But the dossier WAS included.

If their argument had legs to begin with there was no need for it.

$1,0000,000 paid to Fusion GPS by the Democrats, and Clinton campaign.

That turned around and outsourced to a foreign spy outfit Orbis and then Steele.

Mind you this was leading up to our election.

That was collusion with foreigners to win which is what all this crap is about.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It's no different than Trump Jr meeting Russians for 'adoption' meetings.

The dossier I'm sure isn't 100% wrong, there is some valid intelligence in there and Page already has been proven to have had these contacts.

It's not like Page wasn't doing what the reporting suggested. He was under investigation because he was doing some shady #, or was being played a fool by foreign intelligence agencies.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The inclusion of the dossier is problematic but its not the dossier that caused all the concern. The fact the entities behind the dossier were intentionally hidden from the court is the problem. It did not note where the dossier came from nor did it state who paid for it.

Secondly the Democratic memo contradicts McCabes testimony to Congress. He said without the dossier they would have never been able to get the FISA warrant.

So who is lying?

McCabe or Schiff?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just what i expected. The Grassley and Graham memo ripped the minority memo to shreds before it even came out. Well it's better written then the awful rebuttal the other idiot published. I forgot his name but it read like fan fiction. March and Phase 2 is gonna be so much fun.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So who is lying?

The people trying to tell me Trumps in to golden showers and hookers after a year of calling the guy a rapist.

I mean if he's a rapist after all why would he pay hookers to snip on him?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He said without the dossier they would have never been able to get the FISA warrant.

No he did not say that. Not according to people in the room anyway. There is no transcript of this, it was a meeting behind closed doors.

And we haven't seen any of the warrants, which means anything said about them is conjecture at this point.

But I agree that the masking of the dossier's origin is shady as hell.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So what you're saying is, secret courts, operated by secret judges and lawyers, that depend on secret laws get abused?

Sounds about right.

~Tenth

Precisely why we're learning that obtaining permission for FISA surveillance isn't as difficult as Comey tried to lead everyone to believe in his hearing. In the last 33 years, the FISA court has only declined 11 out 33,900 requests over the last 30+ years.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It's no different than Trump Jr meeting Russians for 'adoption' meetings.

I think Bill Clinton is a better example.

As he prepared to collect a $500,000 payday in Moscow in 2010, Bill Clinton sought clearance from the State Department to meet with a key board director of the Russian nuclear energy firm Rosatom — which at the time needed the Obama administration’s approval for a controversial uranium deal, government records show.

Just sayin

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Right, it's all the same kind of corruption.

Happened during Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump. Why any of it is illegal, considering how blatantly they do it an then lie about it, is a mystery to me.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Democrats claim what he said was taken out of context however that is all they claim regarding McCabes comments. They have not said what context McCabe intended. Even McCabe has not clarified the statement. The FBI had no comment.

Dem Rep. Quigley: "Out Of Context" That McCabe Said No FISA Warrant Without Dossier

The Democratic memo is damage control and nothing more. Very poor damage control at that. It is up their with Democrats teling the lie that the courts were informed that the dossier was used. The use of the dossier is problematic but that is not the point that was being made. The warrant application never identified the source / funding for the dossier. In addition the warrant application, in addition to it being a fraud on the court, also violated the woods protocol.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

You mean during the time the US was trying to Thaw relations with Russia after the disastrous Bush years? When we were trying to us soft power to smooth things over? Those times?

link   
I PERSONALLY found this tidbit quite...interesting...

Why redact the description of Steele?

UNLESS...you want to hide and cast doubt on Steele's CREDIBILITY and level of professionalism...

Meethinks the White House intentionally requested THAT specific redaction...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

The FBI requested the redactions, not the White House.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join