It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Kardashian cost Snapchat $1.3 billion with ONE tweet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No just let that sink in for a sec Some POS with no discernable talent, other than being famous because her older sister made a sex tape, just tweeted that she is bored of Snapchat, and the company lost 6% of its value in 24 hours.

www.foxnews.com...< br />
Now, I'm not busting on the girl really, more of the investors and the structures of these companies that make nothing, sell nothing but advertising space. Who in the world invests in an app that can be duplicated by any other company within 24 hours? Snachat is worth 18 BILLION, and all it does is allow teenagers to make funny pictures. Seriously? This is why I am convinced that this and other social media sites are controlled by something other than shareholders. If Ford had a run of 6% loss in 24 hours, there would be panic.

I did a thread earlier on these fake bots everyone is buying and how it should be affecting revenue, but it isn't. Why? CIA fronts being artificially propped up, or some highly intelligent people duping a whole lot of investors?

seekingalpha.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What kind of economy is this when one person's comment can trigger a stock to go down, I can see a comment coming from the CEO doing that, but not from someone using their services like that.

This whole financial system can crumble in a month, taking away people's saved money too, because the companies guaranteeing loans actually invest in stocks and lending to others who invest in the market or have assets in stocks.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good.
Social media can go rot.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Reminds me of the world in Metalocolypse. Their entire US GDP is swayed by five idiots who play death metal.

I think they were on to some serious prophesy when they first started that show.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Abysha because: I CAN COUNT TO FIVE, I SWEAR

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Good.
Social media can go rot.

It just goes to show the power of social media. It's mostly driven by a single generation that I'm not part of so I have no idea what the attraction is. I mean, why would anyone care what a Kardashian says?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
No just let that sink in for a sec Some POS with no discernable talent, other than being famous because her older sister made a sex tape, just tweeted that she is bored of Snapchat, and the company lost 6% of its value in 24 hours.

Now, I'm not busting on the girl really, more of the investors and the structures of these companies that make nothing, sell nothing but advertising space. Who in the world invests in an app that can be duplicated by any other company within 24 hours? Snachat is worth 18 BILLION, and all it does is allow teenagers to make funny pictures. Seriously? This is why I am convinced that this and other social media sites are controlled by something other than shareholders. If Ford had a run of 6% loss in 24 hours, there would be panic.

I did a thread earlier on these fake bots everyone is buying and how it should be affecting revenue, but it isn't. Why? CIA fronts being artificially propped up, or some highly intelligent people duping a whole lot of investors?

seekingalpha.com...

Many of these social media platforms have fickle users and there is always something new or better. You correctly point out that they service or feature is easily duplicated. This is why Facebook and many other platforms are so hell bent in getting their hooks into users personal data and growing so fast. They need to make sure it is harder to switch platforms.

Myspace is the best example of a platform that was first but then upended by a different one (Facebook) because it wasn't cool anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

seekingalpha.com...

Many of these social media platforms have fickle users and there is always something new or better. You correctly point out that they service or feature is easily duplicated. This is why Facebook and many other platforms are so hell bent in getting their hooks into users personal data and growing so fast. They need to make sure it is harder to switch platforms.

Myspace is the best example of a platform that was first but then upended by a different one (Facebook) because it wasn't cool anymore.

Which was totally weird since it had way more features. I think it failed because it was so slow and clunky. I think if Facebook came out first, Myspace would have taken over.

It was like, one moment I could talk to everybody I know on Myspace and, then the next moment, Myspace was a ghost town with only stragglers who shop at Hot Topic and racists who listen to hiphop.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It is such a fragile system.. How the heck do you even value some crap like that. I get advertising revenue based on users, BUT, combined with the revelation that these companies are knowingly fudging numbers...that is criminal. I am surprised the SEC is not on this. Then again, it lends credence to what so many suspect, and that they are all CIA fronts to gather info on everyone.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Shows how easily swayed, and how fragile people's minds are these days.....bunch of brainless zombies......

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Their entire US GDP is swayed by four idiots who play death metal.

Curse your blasphemous mouth.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Im more concerned with how many people hang on a 20 year old reality stars word.

truly frightening

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The fact that SNAPCHAT is a public entity is funny. Something that produces nothing is worth billions to someone for..no reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Snapchat better get that sponsorship proposal worked out immediately

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

With most people having the attention spans of two year olds, this really should come as no surprise.

Amazing, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

That, too.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Edumakated

seekingalpha.com...

Which was totally weird since it had way more features. I think it failed because it was so slow and clunky. I think if Facebook came out first, Myspace would have taken over.

It was like, one moment I could talk to everybody I know on Myspace and, then the next moment, Myspace was a ghost town with only stragglers who shop at Hot Topic and racists who listen to hiphop.

Myspace became the ghetto of social media platforms...

Facebook took off because it originally was just for college students at the Ivy League and other peer schools. Remember, it actually started as a "Hot or Not" kind of thing at Harvard then just evolved into a social media platform for students. Then they added other peer schools.

Remember when we had multiple search engines? Jeeves, Yahoo, Excite... Google came along as this simple and uncluttered engine and next thing you know, no one uses the others...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

EXACTLY my point!!!!!!!!! But there is a reason, either it is being propped up artificially, OR, it legit. Think about the reality of social media crashing...all that data mining then goes poof, it would be like blinding a sniper with night vision goggles.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Abysha

Their entire US GDP is swayed by four idiots who play death metal.

Curse your blasphemous mouth.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I adore those five idiots.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Abysha because: I can't count!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

What kind of economy is this when one person's comment can trigger a stock to go down,

The answer to that is how embedded people are in La La land TV.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I guess Kim must be a clairvoyant, a Kardashian did eventually break the internet from a certain point of view.

I don't care for any of them and they should take notes from Paris Hilton's playbook-Paris who? Hilton what? Oh wait we still have photos of Kim kids North and Chicago, I would have called the kids bzzzz and hermandious but that would've been stupid.

But then again Kim's kids always have 'Turch thurr skar' which in English is 'touch the sky.'
edit on 24-2-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join