It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really will get gun control this time- at least a token

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, and President Trump are now all on record as supporting banning Bump stocks. Admittedly a very weak form of gun control, but a very welcome move. Scott and I believe Trump as well are also supporting raising the age for purchasing assault rifles, which is even more important IMO. Now with companies starting to divest from the NRA I can't see us not getting at least one or two gun restrictions in the near future.

qz.com...

digg.com...

www.cnn.com...

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, and President Trump are now all on record as supporting banning Bump stocks. Admittedly a very weak form of gun control, but a very welcome move. Scott and I believe Trump as well are also supporting raising the age for purchasing assault rifles, which is even more important IMO. Now with companies starting to divest from the NRA I can't see us not getting at least one or two gun restrictions in the near future.

qz.com...

digg.com...

www.cnn.com...

Serious question for you.

1) Why do you care about banning bump stocks if they aren't much of a source of gun violence.
2) Why is 18 too young to own a rifle, but fine for joining military and voting. Signing contracts? If someone is not mature enough to own a rifle, then they certainly aren't mature enough to be voting imho.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Soon enough you'll get enough people that don't want freedom.

It's a start.

Keep up the good work.

*golf clap*

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Soon enough you'll get enough people that don't want freedom

Freedom is not having to worry about being shot.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
We really will get gun control this time-

You've had gun control since the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Crazy people were verboten from buying firearms by the Gun Control Act of 1968 and AGAIN in the Brady Handgun Prevention Act in 1993.

The Gun Free Zone Act was signed in to law that was suppose to make schools safe spaces in 1990.

But hey banning something that was used in a single event makes you feel better.

What the eff ever.
edit on 24-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Gun control seems to work in other countries, yes. That's been established for the most part. However... those countries never, ever had gun ownership as an inherent right enshrined in their constitution. Legal. Absolutely a part of the history and culture from day one.

Gun control will not work the same in the US for that reason alone. That's like trying to shove the very large, omnipresent genie back into the tiny decorative bottle. How do you think that will go? Do you honestly think gun owners will all just shrug and walk down to the local law enforcement and hand over any banned weapons without protest? I want to think people are not that naive in this day and age.

Banning bump stocks is tossing a bone at the gun control advocates. It's a feel good measure. Makes them think they're winning. Bump stocks are inconsequential to the issues of school shootings and have been used once that I'm aware of in a mass shooting. Once.

I'm not a fan of guns. Never have been. But I just don't see banning them working at all. What I do see working is making schools safer in the event something does happen. Bulletproof glass, metal detectors, saferooms. Steel desks. Classroom doors that can be locked down from the inside to keep an attacker out. Why are these things not on any agenda? Why is the only solution to ban guns?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Freedom is not having Uncle Sam looking over you shoulder or up you skirt just because they can.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Neat. Tell that to the people of Nice, France.

I'm sure they all thought they were free from being shot.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
as long as they do not use our giving in a little to make precedence to force us to give up all our guns, I would not mind.

But. I remember voting on a law to buckle up your kids, that passed. Then the government made their own law using that child law vote to form precedence to force us to buckle up.....or pay a fine. The government made a hell of a lot of money on tickets for no seat belts. Serious accidents are higher now than I ever remember, when people did not wear seat belts they were more cautious.

Using precedence to screw us is why the NRA is fighting things, and they are right, the people in Washington would take away everyone's guns and create a more dependent society if they could. Using our fear to control us and making everyone dependent has been used by governments for a very long time, since our earliest written history was created and probably before.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
... those countries never, ever had gun ownership as an inherent right enshrined in their constitution. ?

Wrong.

Britain did in the English bill of rights, which is where the US Bill of rights was copied from. Your 2nd Amendment was just a copy over.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Reydelsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And there are plenty of nice countries where you can go with massive gun restrictions. mexico is nice this time of year. With strict gun laws, it just got to be safe right?

link   
a reply to: CB328

Bump stocks?? Really? LMAO.

link   

At what point do you think that is?

Furthermore, how many rights/freedoms and liberties will you give up to achieve it?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Freedom is having the right to defend yourself from being shot.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

And there are plenty of nice countries where you can go with massive gun restrictions. mexico is nice this time of year. With strict gun laws, it just got to be safe right?

Or:
Norway
Finland
Australia
New Zealand
Japan
Denmark.......

Its a big world, not everything is a choice between USA or third world #hole.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Reydelsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nah.

True freedom is getting the mob to strip the individual's right away on a whim.

Constitutional Republic?

What effing constitutional republic.

This thread brought to us courtesy of the Ministry of Truth and Justice.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Really?....so tell me how many hours a day do you spend wringing your hands....worried Bout being shot?

Just a round number will do

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Nobody really needs a bumpstock. The only way that is good is if your firing into a mass crowd and trying to hit anything. A well aimed bullet works way better. It is hard to get the second shot back on target with a bumpstock.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nobody really needs a bumpstock. The only way that is good is if your firing into a mass crowd and trying to hit anything. A well aimed bullet works way better. It is hard to get the second shot back on target with a bumpstock.

There are a lot of things people don't need...

Bump stocks are mainly for "entertainment" much like you don't need a car that goes 0 to 60 in 3 seconds or has a top speed of 200mph. No one is trying to ban Porsche's because some asshat decides to speed and winds up killing a family on the highway.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Freedom is not having to worry about being in a fatal auto accident from a young idiot that is txt'ing on their phone and not paying attention to the road.

So, do we ban certain models of phone that allow you to txt while driving?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join