It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly invented eyedrops could replace glasses altogether

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

A revolutionary eyedrop invention from a team of Israeli ophthalmologists has been found to heal damaged corneas and improve the vision of pigs. Clinical trials for humans are expected to begin later this year.
Source

This is pretty exciting. A team of ophthalmologists has created a kind of nanoparticle solution that corrects vision in the same way glasses do. The difference, of course, is that instead of wearing glasses all day or fidgeting with contact lenses, you can just put a drop of the solution into your eye and you're good to go. I wonder what else can be accomplished with this technology - a cure for blindness, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'll stick with not being able to see. Don't have time for mystery miracle meds in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is what eye been waiting for, eye have not the best I's. It's lasic surgury in a bottle. Took em' long enough eyed say, eye been thinkin'/waitin' bout/for it for a couple years now. Btw, i blueprinted glasses that can slow motion down, magnifying feature, take pictures, do wifi about the same time, couple years ago, just sayin' lol
edit on 24-2-2018 by SatansPride because: **btw down

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I started on something named 'Can-C' eye drops that claimed to do the same as in the OP.
Useless liquid - don't waste your money on them.
BUT - I would be interested in trying the new drops for sure!
What a blessing it would be if it worked!
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As a glasses wearer myself, it would be intertesing to see where this research and testing goes. Of course it would take away the need for glasses. Which means loss of jobs, manufacturing and all sort of eye related bits and pieces.

I'd love to see this become a reality. Worth keeping an eye on what happens over the next year or so.
edit on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:03:02 -0600111822018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
From eyedrops...to Israel - Palestine relations lol

Talk about off topic.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Neither side has the vision or can see a solution. Hopefully the new eye drops will help...

Now can we get back on topic?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

You hijacked this post for your own political rant and I do resent that.

I was really interested as others because I can't wear contacts and have poor eyesight and hate glasses.

Please start your own thread if you want to start a political war. The rest of us were interested in the op's exciting news.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It sure would be nice to see what I'm looking at.
I haven't seen my glasses since the last time I took them off.
Can't see well enough to find them.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

A revolutionary eyedrop invention from a team of Israeli ophthalmologists has been found to heal damaged corneas and improve the vision of pigs. Clinical trials for humans are expected to begin later this year.

UPS me some bottles of that.

Maybe I will make less typos.

Most likey not.
edit on 24-2-2018 by neo96 because: clearly I need it

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Eyedrops are temporary. They dissipate rapidly. They are not going to "replace"eyeglasses. Even the article says they don't know how long such a solution would last. Don't hold your breath.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
I'm curious to know how they eye-tested the short-sighted pigs.
"What letters can you see on that bottom line?
How do they look if I give you this eye-drop? Please give one grunt for 'better', two grunts for 'worse', and three for 'about the same'.
Now close that eye, and we'll try the other one."

edit on 24-2-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join