It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark 7 KJV

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Anyhow, I have to be elsewhere now.

I wish you awesomeness and luck with your bible studies!

Take care mate.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
i understand what your points are. they are wrong in this context i have set up

i have been here for yrs and know yall here are sharp and smart

the thread was put in the science forum for a reason you can only understand if you follow me

if you want to understand what i am saying then pray for understanding and open your heart and a KJV

if you want to keep on with your misunderstanding then create your own thread of delusions

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
not a vegan
just a bit more respectful than the Canadians round here

calling people delusional is respectful?

especially since your interpretation of the passage is completely backwards and wrong

I think not...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

The key to understanding that you are what you eat and when you eat from a life source that source effects you and defiles you.

Only eat foods from without and not foods from within

So what do you all make of this and what do you think foods from without are?

I say honey is safe!

A few verses from Proverbs 26, KJV:

4Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

11As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

22The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

23Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.

24He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;

25When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
-------------------------------------
I've seen dogs eat vomit. They didn't seem to be harmed much by that.

Honey is actually produced by multiple regurgitations by bees.

Leaving the hive, foraging bees collect sugar-rich flower nectar and return to the hive where they use their "honey stomachs" to ingest and regurgitate the nectar repeatedly until it is partially digested. Bee digestive enzymes – invertase, amylase, and diastase – along with gastric acid hydrolyze sucrose to a mixture of glucose and fructose. The bees work together as a group with the regurgitation and digestion for as long as 20 minutes until the product reaches storage quality. It is then placed in honeycomb cells left unsealed while still high in water content (about 20%) and natural yeasts, which, unchecked, would cause the sugars in the newly formed honey to ferment. The process continues as hive bees flutter their wings constantly to circulate air and evaporate water from the honey to a content around 18%, raising the sugar concentration, and preventing fermentation.
wikipedia - Honey: Formation

I don't eat my own vomit, nor that of dogs. Honey though, yes I eat that. But bees eat it too, without harm to themselves.

A momma bird pre-chews food for babies. Momma mammals produce milk for babies, a slightly more complex metabolic process. The mother is the source of the baby and the baby's food(milk). Same source. I doubt that mother's milk is more defiling to the baby than is the wet nurse's.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

haha...

thats another way of putting it

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Sounds like it means just because evil deeds are always happenin' around someone or to someone, it doesn't defile the victim until the victim starts thinkin' bad thoughts or feeling bad feelings & enacting upon said thoughts & feelings because of those evil deeds that other people do. Just because someone does a bad thing, it doesn't mean everybody has to, but if they do, they are then defiled.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I get it the cats gotta eat too.

Just don't eat my food.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

Hi I howtonhawky, I was wondering what your opinion was on on Peter's vision recorded in Acts Chapter 10? The one where the sheet came down from heaven?

That chapter is just so packed full of info it is hard to put it all together.

Basically he said to get up and kill and eat.

The reason that peter can now eat what he perceives to be unclean is because of baptism. Before baptism the food remained unclean after death. Now there is a way for Jesus to make meats clean by way of spiritual rebirth.

You get it?

Before Jesus there was no purification or baptism so that a spirit in death could be reborn clean and therefore no longer pollute one eating by way of the stomach.

Let us be clear. He was not saying for everyone to go out and slay and eat. It was specific to the events happening around him at the time.

One has to pray over a kill for the baptism to take place and for the meat to be new testament clean.

Not all meat today is auto cleaned.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback, howtonhawky.

I wasn't sure if I understood the point you were trying to make with this thread.

I thought you mentioned something about posting this in science as opposed to here in the Faith,Religion and Theology subforum of ATS.The Metaphysics sub covers similar territory.I asked about Peter's vision in Acts to see if it could help me understand better your perspective.

The scripture in Mark 7 you posted in your OP brings to mind that it isn't necessarily what you take in, rather what you put out there that may cause somebody to miss the mark.

On the surface, I take it to be about foods and Acts 10 touches on that.I try to shy away from quoting scripture back and forth,preferring to hear others insights into what the scriptures mean to them and in their daily lives.

Imo, the scriptures in the New Testament are suggesting that the dietary guidelines from the old aren't necessarily a stumbling block that they could have been in times past.I believe there had been more emphasis on this for those who follow Judaism in their spiritual journey.

Myself, I believe there is a connection between the diet I keep, and the way I feel.For example, I tend to feel a bit of a dampening effect at times when I overdo pork in my diet.Lots has been written about diet in various spiritual traditions.I doubt individuals will notice the difference, depending on how sensitive they are.

If your insight into this helps you in your walk with the Lord, then all the power to you.Please don't feel discouraged if others don't agree.I like to think that each one of us practice our faith to the best of our ability.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Jesus was talking about what type of spirit a man had in him, caused him to say things revealing his true thoughts. The whole teaching has nothing to do with actual food but with what man has in him corrupted hearts/minds that is what corrupts a man.

Now if a man feed on true spiritual food from the word of God as found in the AKJV, then that spiritual food would produce things that will proceed from his heart that reflect truth. But spiritual food will not sustain physical life so physical food is needed for that and does not affect that which proceeds from his heart when he speaks, except to the giving of thanks and provision from God.
edit on 25-2-2018 by ChesterJohn because: grammar

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

i do not miss understand at all

you are completely wrong with your interpretation

what you that is with defiles you
eating that without purges you

"What you that is with"? Could you please speak coherent modern English (even when I insert the word "eat" it still doesn't make any sense to me)? Especially when you're explaining and not using a direct quotation anyway. Back to you:

Only eat foods from without and not foods from within

How do you eat foods from without? Or from within? What does that even mean? If the phrase "from without" is a legitimate use of the English language, could you give me an example sentence where that phrase is used (not a quotation from the KJV)?

Mark 7:14,15 (in an honest accurate translation using modern rational coherent English, NWT)

So calling the crowd to him again, he said to them: “Listen to me, all of you, and understand the meaning. 15 Nothing from outside a man that enters into him can defile him; but the things that come out of a man are the things that defile him.”

Pretty clear/unambiguous to me (especially considering the context regarding what Jesus was responding to regarding the subject of literal eating, verse 2 and 5). You see, the old English of the KJV opens up the bible's message wide open for private interpretation and twisting. It might have been a decent bible translation in 1611, but it certainly isn't that great nowadays. Who needs more confusion and vagueness? (psst, it's Satan who needs that but I was using the question as an expression, it's rhetorical)

Perhaps Matthew can help as well, he's talking about the same phrase at Matthew 15:11 (NWT):

It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.”+

+ (bible references): Ephesians 4:29

29 Let a rotten word not come out of your mouth, but only what is good for building up as the need may be, to impart what is beneficial to the hearers.

James 3:6

6 The tongue is also a fire. The tongue represents a world of unrighteousness among our body members, for it defiles all the body and sets the whole course of life* [Lit., “the wheel of the birth (origin).”] on fire, and it is set on fire by Ge·henʹna.*

last *: The Greek name for the Valley of Hinnom, southwest of ancient Jerusalem. (Jer 7:31) It was prophetically spoken of as a place where dead bodies would be strewn. (Jer 7:32; 19:6) There is no evidence that animals or humans were thrown into Gehenna to be burned alive or tormented. So the place could not symbolize an invisible region where human souls are tormented eternally in literal fire. Rather, Gehenna was used by Jesus and his disciples to symbolize the eternal punishment of “second death,” that is, everlasting destruction, annihilation.​—Re 20:14; Mt 5:22; 10:28.

Be careful with what you say and how you decide to say it.

1 Peter 3:15

But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.

Proverbs 16:

21 The wise in heart will be called understanding,

And the one kind in speech* [Or “And appealing speech.” Lit., “And sweetness of lips.”] adds persuasiveness.
23 The heart of the wise one gives his mouth insight

And adds persuasiveness to his speech.

24 Pleasant sayings are a honeycomb,

Sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.
27 A worthless man digs up what is bad;

His speech is like a scorching fire.

28 A troublemaker* [Or “A schemer.”] causes dissension,

And a slanderer separates close friends.

Matthew 12:33-37

33 “Either you make the tree fine and its fruit fine or make the tree rotten and its fruit rotten, for by its fruit the tree is known. 34 Offspring of vipers, how can you speak good things when you are wicked? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 The good man out of his good treasure sends out good things, whereas the wicked man out of his wicked treasure sends out wicked things. 36 I tell you that men will render an account on Judgment Day for every unprofitable saying that they speak; 37 for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.”

edit on 26-2-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

KJV

yes it looks like i forgot the word eat. twas a typo of sorts i suppose

all of your points are dull in this thread unless from KJV

I would love to converse with you but you have too much going on in your post.

simply put yes i am saying foods from without are not the same as foods with

think of it like zero water being without
edit on 26-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

well if you figure out what a spirit is then you will know.

i will say though you are not far off

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

i do not miss understand at all

you are completely wrong with your interpretation

what you that is with defiles you
eating that without purges you

ya, you don't get it... like i said read it again...

And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

It means... it doesn't matter what you eat.... what you eat doesn't go into the heart of a man...

what comes out of your mouth, or what you say can defile a man

Quite right, i'm a bit rusty on this subject, but I do recall sunday school and Jesus telling Elijah to eat all manner of beast in a vision. But again, i'm rusty and never paid much attention in the area of religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

The scripture in Mark 7 you posted in your OP brings to mind that it isn't necessarily what you take in, rather what you put out there that may cause somebody to miss the mark.

yes you have now highlighted the main difference in my understanding and what i was shown vs what most perceive it to mean.

i say that what you take in is the cause of what comes out including possession of ones self and is the main way our world is controlled.

here is another hint

spirit=animal
soul=plant
our reality is layered
sometimes we have mass and others were like the wind

you have a gift of patients and understanding that is greater than most

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

yes you have now highlighted the main difference in my understanding and what i was shown vs what most perceive it to mean.

i say that what you take in is the cause of what comes out including possession of ones self and is the main way our world is controlled.

here is another hint

spirit=animal
soul=plant
our reality is layered

you have a gift of patients and understanding that is greater than most

May I ask where you're getting this from? The information "

spirit=animal
soul=plant
our reality is layered
"

you're providing is vague.
edit on 26-2-2018 by PeterSellers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterSellers

from outside my window

perhaps i am in need of some windex iyo

most can not hear or understand what i am saying but that is not my doing even though most would think if i put more words it would make a difference but it does not

we are close but it is not quite time

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I see.

People are, interesting creatures. No one human thinks exactly alike. It may be that you have one part of the puzzle, like everyone else.
edit on 26-2-2018 by PeterSellers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I agree we are close.

Some think it is close to one thing and another thinks it is close to something else. Confusion is of the Devil.

But peace, hope and understanding come to those who are in Christ Jesus.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

So what do you all make of this and what do you think foods from without are?

Input output philosophy. Be an input not an output.

Being abused isn't a sin, even though it can cause your death.

If somone rapes you, you are still valuable.. If you rape somone, you defile yourself.

The invisible projector input image is real, the visible reflected output from the screen is false.

Be proactive not reactive.

Offense not defense.

Trust instinct from God; external, not the 2nd opinion from within; Satan.

Dont wait for questions to give answers.

Stop worrying about how you are treated and dedicate energy to doing good, regardless of what is inflicted upon you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join