It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students w no life experience or full understanding Used to push CNN agenda? How is it ok?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So instead of mourning students are bussed around to protest an issue they don't fully understand? What has this once great Country been turned in to?
Students are IN school to learn How to approach an issue from All sides and use and practice critical thinking skills CNN and whomever else is pushing coaxing, and manipulating should be outlawed completely. HS students should be off limits for known propaganda outlets.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What has this once great Country been turned in to?

It's turned in to a bunch of fascists using their Hitleresque youth to tell me what my right should be.

Seig Heil!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Yea. I generally don’t take emotional advice from highschoolers.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Fighting for causes you believe in, used to make your Country great.

Funny how attitudes change when you feel threatened, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would like to be able to say that the voting age minimum exists to prevent the uninformed and emotionally under equipped from derailing the political process, but as we know, that ship sailed some time shortly after the emergence of feminism.
edit on 23-2-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I would definitely argue that seeing your friends and fellow classmates killed in a mass shooting is life experience, regardless of whether I agreed with them or not.

Dismissing people’s opinions out of hand like such does more to strengthen their resolve.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I would like to be able to say that the voting age minimum exists to prevent the uninformed and emotionally under equipped for derailing the political process, but as we know, that ship sailed some time shortly after the emergence of feminism.

Do you have any opinions that aren't awful?

Serious question.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I prefer ugly truths to pretty lies.
a reply to: Jefferton

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

My cause IS just.

Defending my and 300 million OTHER Americans civil liberty preserved in the Bill of Rights.

Due process and prove crimes in courts of law, and not holding my fellow neighbors to a capital or otherwise infamous crime they had absolutely NOTHING to do with.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So they aren't responsible enough to carry a gun but they should dictate our laws?

Oh the irony

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I prefer ugly truths to pretty lies.

Truth is subjective.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So is what is considered awful.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I would argue they understand the issue pretty well.

Considering they were fleeing gunshots and watching their friends laying in pools of blood on the floor.

They have first hand experience.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

My cause IS just.

Defending my and 300 million OTHER Americans civil liberty preserved in the Bill of Rights.

Due process and prove crimes in courts of law, and not holding my fellow neighbors to a capital or otherwise infamous crime they had absolutely NOTHING to do with.

And that's fine. But while you, and people like you hold on to that, the rest of us will be continuing to watch the weekly shootings, and blaming you.

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

And that's fine. But while you, and people like you hold on to that, the rest of us will be continuing to watch the weekly shootings, and blaming you.

I know.

Which is in direct violation of the fifth.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime,unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

And the 14th amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Two things REICH WINGERS just won't comprehend.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I know.

Which is in direct violation of the fifth.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime,unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

And the 14th amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Two things REICH WINGERS just won't comprehend.

Again I say, enjoy.

See you at the next one.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 23-2-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The focus here is the students are in school to learn how to properly approach an issue logically and learn how to critically think an approach that keeps a citizen informed fully not just what is spoon fed to them.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure how actually being party to a school shooting qualifies as 'No Life (or in this case) relevant experience'. How many posters railing against these students have themselves been the victim of a school shooting?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm certainly for free speech. Mine included. Are CNN willing to use tragedy in ways I find distasteful? Yes.

Did I find this particular lad distasteful and distastefully used? Yes. Now I know why,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join