It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your friend ... Negativity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well negativity has always had a way of bring people together when subjected to it... getting together and conquering or overcoming it.

Of course thats great as a whole... not so great when it is negativity in large groups based on ignorance in silly little divides that are unreal as life itself goes... sure we cling to matter its a natural thing just the same, much of that matter clung too as life has already had death all over it.

So when one throws logs onto flames they are looking to hurt by growing those fires so it consumes people puts their minds aflame instead of at ease in rest...

Thats the negativity in the world.

Embracing negativity means attack it with compassion or empathy... as the old saying goes hate does not cease by hate... it ceases by the removal of the ignorance that was cause for the hate to begin with.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG
Well negativity has always had a way of bring people together when subjected to it... getting together and conquering or overcoming it.

Of course thats great as a whole... not so great when it is negativity in large groups based on ignorance in silly little divides that are unreal as life itself goes... sure we cling to matter its a natural thing just the same, much of that matter clung too as life has already had death all over it.

So when one throws logs onto flames they are looking to hurt by growing those fires so it consumes people puts their minds aflame instead of at ease in rest...

Thats the negativity in the world.

Noteworthy expression for these times.

Embracing negativity means attack it with compassion or empathy... as the old saying goes hate does not cease by hate... it ceases by the removal of the ignorance that was cause for the hate to begin with.

Nothing really needs to be attacked ...when attacking/resisting something one is giving it attention, and by consequence energizes it further ... it's like that Simpsons episode where the only way to stop the giant marketing killer mascots is to stop looking at them. Observe it, feel and use it as fuel for one's own realization, and drop it the moment it has served its purpose without any ownership, identification, or residual emotional attachment or connection to it.

I call it being an attention prude guarding it like t's double ply tp, as opposed to being an attention slut and giving it to any one or thing indiscriminately.

------------------------------------------------

The current state of negative energy in the world is actually a powerful opportunity. The negativity fuel is there, there's not much to distract us or many places to go, so there's plenty of fuel and available time to do the inward looking.

I suspect few will make use of this resource ... that's ok, the next 'crisis' will be worse, as always in service ... after all everyone needs the opportunity to meet themselves before this whole construct is no more. Some just need a little more prodding.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there And they really make a mess outa you.

Look it up.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sound a bit like Jack Kerouac. I miss that style of writing.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Omg, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you again.

I can’t believe you still have it in you.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schrodingers dog

Omg, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you again.

Mutual.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Your post confuses me somewhat. Is not our ego just a construct of our memories? When we bang our ego against others. Are we not trying to validate our construct of memories against someone else's construct of memories. Its only when we see our self as that construct of memories can our feelings be hurt. Why do some people see themselves as the sum of those memories?

Western philosophers have taught that consciousness is part and parcel of our thinking mind - I think therefore I AM. Eastern philosophers teach that pure awareness is separate to the thinking mind. Stilling the thinking mind increases pure awareness instead of diminishing it.

Enlightenment is not choosing one over the other, but expanding the thinking consciousness to its full potential. In some circles that is called the 144,000 petals of consciousness. Part of the process of enlightenment is the reconstruction of our memories. If we see ourselves as a construct of our memories. We will see enlightenment as the death of that limited self. Free choice is existing as that limited self.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
When all else fails..Dylan..Pretty hard for him to be off topic..

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The problem is thinking you are the cause of all the conflict around you like being a cookie amongst a thousand hungry men. They are already mad because they are hungry and on top of that you are now reason to fight about.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there And they really make a mess outa you.

Look it up.

Just call me Tom Thumb. Went to univ. close to Juarez and I'm still a mess. Played this tune all up and down the Rio Grande Valley bars and beer joints with the best rock, blues and country band in the world..."West Ella"

genius.com...

Negativity....no thanks!
edit on 24-2-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join