It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mirror - USS Callister.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well that was certainly a pleasant surprise. I was dubious at first, but holy smokes, this one episode could be an entire series of it's own..If you are a fan of Black Mirror, and have not yet seen ep 1 of season 4, do yourself a favour
I hear there is subtle talk of a sequel to it, I hope those rumours are right.

And trust me, it's so different to how the trailer portrays it. Good stuff !!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
Well that was certainly a pleasant surprise. I was dubious at first, but holy smokes, this one episode could be an entire series of it's own..If you are a fan of Black Mirror, and have not yet seen ep 1 of season 4, do yourself a favour

Story checks out! I watched this the other night me loved it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

It's kind of old news, but no doubt, this episode is a classic. No doubt either they will spin it off somehow -- the episode conclusion leaves a world of narrative possibilities open.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

It's kind of old news, but no doubt, this episode is a classic. No doubt either they will spin it off somehow -- the episode conclusion leaves a world of narrative possibilities open.

I remember seeing the trailer last year and completely forgot about it.
It's only a few months out, and I don't have netflix... thus rely on availability where I can find it. I'd have to wait an untold time to find it on free to air tv here. We're so behind the times, for being in the future in Aus.. :/

I really do hope they continue the story, it really does leave it open for it. Found it a gem amongst the coal today, binging on the rest of the episodes tonight.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: badw0lf

Story checks out! I watched this the other night me loved it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

One of those ones where you wonder at first, and then you are compelled to want more !! Right up my cup of tea. Or alley..

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It was a decent episode.

Spoiler alert!

It's mildly unsettling that Gnostics (and lately PKD, Musk, etc) thought (think) that general scenario, i.e. trapped in a fake universe with an insane god, is a true portrayal of our actual situation... and they experienced that "gnosis" long, long before computing gave us the idea of generated universes. Makes one think... and think some more... and when really given a good thunkin' , there are far, far worse scenarios than oblivion.

If we aren't already in a "virtual" reality, we will be.

Though all signs via physics and logic point to us already being there... tra la la.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
that show was a legitimate insight into social experiment and gave a sense of connection and consideration to what the near future may be.

but this new season is just a regurgitation of, ' is it real or is it all a dream' or 'am i really awake or asleep' type of plots.. its just going to get progressively worse, and knowing American TV, expect this regurgitation to last 8 season until there's no more 'inception social media' cliche story to spin.

harsh, but compared with series one, this is snip

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

binging on the rest of the episodes tonight.

It's a great series, but this season, the episodes mostly pale next to the premiere. Last season, it was the finale that blew me away. Lots of us hoped the 2017 finale ("Hated in the Nation") would have a sequel of some kind, too, but not yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I think there's actually talk of spinning it off as a series.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Oh I dunno, episode two was pretty banal. 3 was a bit trailing, and ultimately didn't deliver. I've yet to see the rest.

But I did like the taking of the music of that episode of season 1 and using it in ep3 here.

Rest remains to be seen.. I wouldn't call it so harshly.. yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

binging on the rest of the episodes tonight.

It's a great series, but this season, the episodes mostly pale next to the premiere. Last season, it was the finale that blew me away. Lots of us hoped the 2017 finale ("Hated in the Nation") would have a sequel of some kind, too, but not yet.

I am hopeful, we all have different tastes, we all seem to agree episode 1 was good.

Darn it, lol, if I didn't have to be up at 9am I'd finish the season so far, but it's midnight.

TBC !!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I think there's actually talk of spinning it off as a series.

This I've heard too.

And I for one would love to see what they do with it. That story is in and of itself, worthy of a series, given the things we've seen lately.

I saw a thread here the other month, talking about Happy, and Counterpart.

I absolutely loved both, waiting for the next season of Happy, and the next episode of Counterpart. Running out of good things to occupy a blustering mind. And my account on Flixify is now due for renewal.

Here's hoping it is worth it if I do... but yet, a few more episodes of Black Mirror to satiate my beast.. be they good or bad, the first episode for me, was worth gas bagging about

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The Callister episode was Black Mirrors best one. I will admit that I've only seen 2-3 other episodes of the show and didn't care for them. This was the exemption and something to watch over again.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
that show was a legitimate insight into social experiment and gave a sense of connection and consideration to what the near future may be.

but this new season is just a regurgitation of, ' is it real or is it all a dream' or 'am i really awake or asleep' type of plots.. its just going to get progressively worse, and knowing American TV, expect this regurgitation to last 8 season until there's no more 'inception social media' cliche story to spin.

harsh, but compared with series one, this is snip

The first season was utter crap. An episode where a dude f’s a pig, an episode with no real plot resolution, and one that just deals with a psycho that is obsessed with his wife’s past.

This episode is gold compared to the entirety of season one and it’s not even close to the best episode of the series.

Black mirror isn’t even American. It’s a British made series...
edit on 21-2-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join