It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There is no I

There is no You

There only Is

Our subjective experience is that of a Universe experiencing itself in an objective way.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Rubbish

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

But why?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlasphymy

You should start with facts before you try any kind of truth.

The fact that you type things like "I,you" and everybody knows immediately what you're talking about proves
There is an I
There is a you

"There only is" isn't even a full sentence. I assume you mean subjective experience is a juxtaposition of immediate moments, ie now.
Wouldn't have killed you to add that tiny word if that is what you mean.

Is the universe inside you right now? Does it hurt? It's pretty big...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

"I" and "you" are the subject of speech we use to identify our existence with reality. Without "I" and "you" there is no seperation from the universe and ourselves as individuals. So yes, I understand how we can identify as "I" and "you" but i was stating that it is really just a construct of the mind to make sense of our existence.

As far as "there only is", it is a fragment when thinking of "is" as a verb, which is proper English. Although I had written it to be portrayed as a noun. A noun that could be thought of as existence as a whole, regardless of time.

And for the last question, no it does not hurt. It doesn't hurt anymore than the blood cells running through my body's viens and arteries, or the gas exchanging in my lungs as I type.

It may seem strange to infantilize the scale of the universe to the level of a man but within that scale isnt the most quantum apart of the most grandoise?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sorry, these guys say it better than I can.

Ravi Rocks!

Is Truth not Reality?

edit on 2 19 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 19 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlasphymy
There is no I

There is no You

There only Is

Our subjective experience is that of a Universe experiencing itself in an objective way.

Thoughts?

There is you, you are unique, like a snowflake...no two are alike. That is not objective, that is subjective based on many factors we know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There is no I (there are many I's)

There is no You (there are many You's)
But you are not an I and I am not a you although we can all believe that if we fancy!

There only Is ( All there is, is is. Withing the is, is everything. Reflections in is. That just what these writtings are.)
a reply to: MrBlasphymy

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am the walrus.

Lots of BS floating around tho.

top topics

join