It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lomachenko vs linares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
espn article

Vasiliy Lomachenko continues to chase pound for pound greatness wants a fight with light weight champion jorge linares. unfortunately, a dispute on potential fight date is holding up this title fight. both lomachenko and linares want the fight. it appears as though golden boy promotions and top rank are on board with the fight. the hold up seems to be coming from HBO scheduling.

Top Rank planned to stage the fight as the main event of an ESPN card on May 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York. However, Golden Boy said that date is unacceptable because it has an HBO event that night

nothing hurts boxing more than keeping top fighters from facing each other. i hope there is a compromise and the fight goes on.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Time to see Loma get tested and the guys is already a wizard In the ring. I hope this happens soon.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

either linares or mikey garcia at light weight would be amazing fights.
there was talk about getting manny pacquiao down to 135 to face lomachenko. i hope that one doesn't happen. pacman is way past his prime and for him to make 135 might be too much for his old (in boxing terms) body.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I’m not a boxing fan per say, but lomanchenko is just unreal... I’ve seen compilation videos of his footwork and such.. just amazing..

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

lomachenko has the potential to be an all time great. only time will tell if he lives up to his potential. i got my seat belt buckled and ready to go along for the ride. :-)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes, Lomachenko is a next generation fighter. Cutting edge training along with what he brings naturally make him the best on planet Earth P4P.

When you can make Guillermo Rigondeaux quit after only 6 rounds your a force to be reckoned with.

Mick Conlan is an exciting fighter coming up but I don’t know if either would want to move up or down weight classes. I think Mick is fighting Paddy’s Day at MSG.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

conlan has some pop in his punches. he is one of the more exciting fighters to watch right now.
he's up there with oleksandr usyk and GGG with a must watch style.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"Nothing hurts boxing more than keeping top fighters from facing each other. i hope there is a compromise and the fight goes on."

Look no further than Golden Boy CEO, crossdressing/cokesnorting/DUI getting De La Hoya.

This is the man that kept superfight GGG vs Canelo from happening until it could no longer be held off. This man singlehandedly keeps Canelo from fighting true champions to preserve his 'cash cow' status. Not only that, but some even blame him for the corrupt judge Adelayde byrd in the horrendous scorecard that kept GGG from beating Canelo... a fight ending in a draw.

And on another note. Lomachenko IS the #1 p4p fighter there is right now. Nobody can match is skills or even his training regimen. His only loss was to a veteran fighter known for being dirty, that came in overweight, vacating his chances at a belt simply to increase his chances of winning.
edit on 18-2-2018 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I just watched his highlights as I had never heard of him. Wow! Would not want to take a shot to the ribs from him.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

yeah, golden boy promotions is notorious for protecting their fighter's records. it's a shame. i don't care how many losses a fighter has on his resume. my personal favorite fighter has some awful losses on his record. (roberto duran) but the man had skills and a ferocity that left the spectator in awe.

my personal favorites:
roberto duran
kostya tszyu
marco antonio barrera

climbing up on my personal ranking: lomachenko, GGG, mikey garcia

i've been tempted to start a thread on the loss meldrik taylor had against julio cesar chavez. taylor, in my non-professional opinion, got robbed. it is possible there was a conspiracy to keep chavez record in tact...... seems appropriate to a conspiracy website. ha ha ha

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Garcia is the only man that would be able to put up a fight with Loma right now.

Ever since HBO cut their boxing budget last year, then spent most of it on an Ali documentary
(because there is no documentary or movie or book about him already? lol)

Their boxing schedule has been putrid. They can't put on a good fight without PPV money to save their lives, but want to block a fight between the consensus #1 P4P and a guy that most have around the top 10, so they can play a replay of a PPV, along with a Sadam Ali fight?
Oscar and HBO can suck it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ring magazine article regarding lomachenko vs linares

well, it's official.
lomachenko vs linares at 135 lbs on may 12.

i can't wait. it should be a darn great fight.

new topics

top topics

join