It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A scanner darkly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If you've never seen it, you are missing out. been on a movie binge lately, and this one came up again.. I've seen it countless times, but it is one of the keepers.. Even my av is of Freck.. the poor deluded soul.. lol

But yeah, worth it if you can find it. And to think, I think it was a mod here years ago who mentioned it, that made me seek it. long long ago, in a life far far away..

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

that's a good flick. possibly the most compelling cell -
shading ever. very interesting story too.

equally intriguing is metropia.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Never heard of that, and I keep looking for things to see, might have to make that a sunday evening view !!

Ohh the rotoscoping in scanner, drove me almost mad trying to find a way to do it, they used proprietary software. to do it by hand would be a task. One other movie similar in style, is Waking Life. But that one is really crazy. Takes surreal to a new level.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
If you've never seen it, you are missing out. been on a movie binge lately, and this one came up again.. I've seen it countless times, but it is one of the keepers.. Even my av is of Freck.. the poor deluded soul.. lol

But yeah, worth it if you can find it. And to think, I think it was a mod here years ago who mentioned it, that made me seek it. long long ago, in a life far far away..

Its a story by philip k dick, one of the greatest scifi writers of all time.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Good book.

I didn't watch the film because it landed with horrible reviews and I was a snooty fan of the book already. Times change and I'll make sure to grab a copy in the next few days. Not enough sci-fi or creepy conspiracy shows around and sometimes it's good to get lost in the dystopic. Fake dystopia makes more sense than RL dystopia too.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You've gt a bug in your hair, buddey.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I thought this was about the opioid epidemic and how it is controlled and manipulated by the same people who run the recovery clinics and both legal and illegal opiate production and distribution

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

top topics

join