It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House just shook like a good one Gloucester UK 4.7 mag

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Probably a DUMB getting smoked out

It is a curious signature for that quake.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In Stratford Upon Avon - same time felt the same thing. It didn't last long.. only about 15 seconds and it was not strong enough to knock anything over, but my chair and desk shook.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yes I heard about that . Rather unusual for the UK

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The U.K. Will be covered by a large tsunami at some point in the timeline. This eq is a precursor of that. I like many, have followed these events for years and the progression is clear now. I wouldn't expect to see quakes like the ones we have seen in Mexico and Alaska until nearer April which is when we draw closer to the sun, px earth alignment.

3600 years ago circa, there was a massive inundation of water on both sides of the Atlantic, we know this through various sites (both sides of the Atlantic) that contain sunken forests dated to the same time. There is actually such a place off the coast of wales.

It's on the cards that px could pass in months, of coarse we will follow the developments.

The advice is to be well away from the coast, like a 100 miles and 300m + in elevation. Safe locations for U.K. are Brecon Beacons, peakdistrict, Scotland. But even then you will be in a crowded area, as inevitably people will relocate to these places. Norway is a good option.

This event in wales is a clear sign of serious plate movement. Next few months will unleash some crazy events, it has to. And as was also officially announced recently, 2018 will see an uptick in massive eq's because the earths rotation is slowing. It will continue to slow and when px passes-it stops!

Good luck and don't delay relocating!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Earthquake lights inBristol after quake. Not a wonderful sign:

www.bristolpost.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just a question for people with more experience of small earthquakes.
dose it feel different depending on how far away you are from it?

I'm in south Wales, I remember the last time there was an earthquake, about 10 years ago, and this felt different.

This one had a swirling wave feeling that travelled through the house, only lasted a few seconds.
The last one was more shaking and rattling, and lasted much longer.

I've noticed other people describing this earthquake as shaking, but that's not how it felt to me, but most of those were further away than me.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

They were on the 13th though. Isn't that a bit too long before an EQ?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

People feeling the effect of the underground war.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
According to the youtuber dutchinese (i think spelled correct) there is a frack site 2 miles away from epicenter

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I thought I’d come and clear up some misunderstandings about earthquakes and the UK.

Yes, we do have earthquakes. We have around 300 earthquakes EVERY year. Most are small and very localised (because of how small they are).

We don’t get strong ones like the US does, but we do have our fair share of 3.0+.

Here’s a short list of “bigger” (for us) earthquakes in the last 5 years. (Taken from here)
-17th Feb 2018 4.4
-4th Aug 2017 3.4-3.8
-26th May 2015 3.0
-22nd May 2015 4.2
-28th Jan 2015 3.8
-23rd July 2014 3.3
-11th July 2014 4.3
-20th May 2014 3.4
-18th April 2014 3.5
-17th April 2014 3.2
-20th Feb 2014 4.1
-25th Aug 2013 2.4-3.3
-29th May 2013 3.8

That’s 13 3.0+ earthquakes, in the UK, in the past 5 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfieo26
According to the youtuber dutchinese (i think spelled correct) there is a frack site 2 miles away from epicenter

I believe the quake was due to fracking after viewing the guys youtube video. Shell, like you said have a fracking site not far from the epicentre. No mention of fracking though by the British media ... I wonder why. Expect more earthquakes to be felt

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blueivy

To answer your question there is two types of waves in an earthquake. earthquakes generate two main types of seismic waves – surface waves, which, as their name suggests, travel along the surface of the earth, and body waves, which travel through the earth itself. These waves generate different types of shaking and various factors affect how they are felt on the surface.

If you feel a rolling that's a surface wave and if you feel shaking that's a body wave the shaking is caused by the back and forth motion of the wave. Where a surface wave can be much like an ocean wave and can even be at right angles from the quakes epicenter.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

But would fraking cause one of that magnitude?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: blueivy

From what I understand of Earthquakes, the proximity to the epicentre has some pretty significant effects as to how strongly the effects are felt, and what specific motion is created in ones vicinity. This is because the signature of the quake changes, as it passes through more and more material, each little bit of which takes some energy away from the wave which passes through it.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

But would fraking cause one of that magnitude?

Rainbows
Jane

combined with post glacial rebound yes it could.

Most earth tremours felt in the UK are caused by glacial rebound, add fraking into the equation and we could be onto something.
edit on 19-2-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

We did have a Tsunami of sorts in the early 1600s ...

Revisiting the South Wales Tsunami

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join