It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI admits it did not follow up on second tip regarding School Shooter Nikolas Cruz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Link to Article

Seems that the FBI was told about this kid twice now. Once last year in September when he posted to YouTube and now only a month ago they were alerted by a person close to Cruz. So, this was not a warning from a random internet post that could have been lost in the shuffle but a person who was well informed...and nothing was done. The FBI was told about the weapons, the social media and his want to kill people.

How many times have we seen this? It is almost as if it was allowed to happen. Think about it and realize who many times these 'shooters' are on the radar of the FBI and nothing is done yet the FBI is busy chasing pee pee dossiers that do not exist.

The information was not sent to the FBI Miami field office, which the FBI blamed on a failure to act under “established protocols.”

This could have been prevented, twice, by the FBI. What a senseless tragedy.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Inexcusable!! They could have stopped him. Dir. Wray has apologized but it means little to those families.

Huge coincidence, this story dropped 10 minutes before the Meuller indictments announced. Gotta love that timing. Now FBI screw up is not the top story.

Those kids in Florida didn't have to die. This could have been prevented. So sad.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Why didn't local law enforcement do anything? They were called to his house 30 times yet he was able to purchase a Ak.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here we can see the FBI hard at work repairing their shattered reputation:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

They would have indicted him if he was russian.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
killing 17 kids for gun control is very Machiavellian. It's really a small price to pay for a goal. If you are saying that's the issue, i cannot debate that

my point is what should the fbi do? Do you really want the federal government to be the thought po-po?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
killing 17 kids for gun control is very Machiavellian. It's really a small price to pay for a goal. If you are saying that's the issue, i cannot debate that

my point is what should the fbi do? Do you really want the federal government to be the thought po-po?

Who else is the po-po for interstate issues?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

agreed.. something is up.. all these guys are on their radar yet.....they do nothing...
edit on 16-2-2018 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe it's because they wanted to avoid the backlash of a police state for thought crimes like the backlash going around for arresting the other two recent airheads who posted pictures online with their guns and the name of highschools and captions saying 'round 2'.

Either it's taken seriously or not at all.
Should social media be grounds for arrest in the name of preemptive actions to 'potential' crimes?

About the person who alerted the authorities,
Hypothetically, say they acted, what would he be charged with? He didn't make terroristic threats to any persons in particular. What would he have been arrested for ?

Can I get arrested if I say I want to blow up the world, not a particular place?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Saying you plan to shoot up a school isn't the same as saying you plan to blow up the world, or posing with a gun.

Having the FBI engage you in discussion isn't the same as arresting and charging you.

You have missed some significant elements in your argument.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As far as I am concerned they are at fault also. So are the teachers and kids that know. I am sure now it is weighing heavy on quite a few people. If the FBI had acted none of those people would have the guilt of 17 dead when they could have done something.

Side note - they should have put Lehey on the case...
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-16T13:10:50-06:000150 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Seriously though, what could of the fbi actually done?

The kid lived in a state, which has ridiculously lax gun control policies... and as far as I know he hadn't actually committed a crime, until the mass shooting.

Its not like they could have legally just rocked up to his house and said "we heard a rumour you were full blown cray... so we're gonna take your guns and lock you away indefinitely, just in case the rumours prove to be true" .

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

The kid lived in a state, which has ridiculously lax gun control policies... and as far as I know he hadn't actually committed a crime, until the mass shooting.

Its not like they could have legally just rocked up to his house and said "we heard a rumour you were full blown cray... so we're gonna take your guns and lock you away indefinitely, just in case the rumours prove to be true" .

IDK about you but if I was considering doing something nefarious and the FBI came knocking on my door asking about stuff I certainly would think twice.

Maybe just the thought that he was on the FBI's radar might have changed his mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Their job at least. Interview him. Let local authorities now about the threat. They screwed up and may have been able to prevent this. I hope that from this more measures are taken. It has just happened too many times.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Why didn't local law enforcement do anything? They were called to his house 30 times yet he was able to purchase a Ak.

www.rawstory.com...

To be fair about it, the neighbor who says the police were there "dozens of times" also says that the mother was the one calling the police usually, and she was using law enforcement to try and "scare" the shooter as a teenager into behaving.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

nypost.com...

Before Nikolas Cruz carried out his mass killing at a Florida high school this week, police responded to his home 39 times over a seven-year period, according to disturbing new documents.

Gee I don't know what they could have done????
Perhaps worked with local law enforcement and found out this kid may have not been joking......

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Come on people.

Gotta give the FBI a break.

I mean they've been Russian snipe hunting for the last year and finally caught 13 scapegoats.

But then again.

Not really the FBI's job for local issues.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Stop using his name. He wanted his name everywhere, stop giving him that satisfaction.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

His YouTube post could have been construed as a terroristic threat.

I mean...the FBI could have at least TRIED. Maybe talk to the guy, investigate credible complaints, etc. You know...the stuff they are supposed to do.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Take it easy on the FBI, at least they're keeping us safe from all those crazy pot growers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join