It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma Turns In Grandson Planning Shooting Spree

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
Nobody calls it a "how to guide" . It is a tool that desensitizes the mind, numbs it to violence. A kid kills over and over and over again, gets angrier and angrier in life, and the games eventually become not enough. They just keep feeding the rage, until it snaps. But then again it is only a statistical anomaly just like mass shootings in general.

It is a statistical guarantee that a percentage of people taking SSRI's and other psychotropic drugs will have a violent episode or display elevated levels of hostility from continued use. The psychological effect of violence in media is not exempt from the statistical anomaly concept. There WILL be a number of consumers who will snap after prolonged consumption. It can be as mild as a random mugging or vehicular theft, or as severe as a school shooting.

Contributing factors however typically play a part as well, such as the drugs and mistreatment from others.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

As someone who is medicated for anxiety and depression, I always thought the whole SSRI's make people go nuts was crap. Recently, I was put on Welbutrin. Before taking it, I'd never had a real homicidal thought, just the fleeting "I could kill over this" that goes away instantly. I'd never felt true rage. Boy did that change, and quickly. 3 weeks in, and I was PISSED all the time. Over the stupidest things, "you ate my garlic toast, how could you?!?!?". I realized that I was in serious trouble and wanted to hurt people. Scared the living sh# outta me and I stopped taking them immediately. The rage was almost intoxicating. I swear if I hadn't stopped, I would have killed or hurt someone within days. Lesson learned, do not f# with SSRI's.

Also, I've been playing violent games since Mortal Kombat 1 was on Super NES. Personally, I don't feel desensitized to real world violence because I know the difference between reality and fantasy. I do some heinous stuff in video games that I would never think of doing in real life. Hell, I've never even been in a fist fight. If I ever see a dead body, I know I'll probably puke my guts out. Seeing real violence and seeing fake are totally different in my view.
edit on 16-2-2018 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Abso-f'n-lutely.

Like someone above said, my grandparents would have lit my ass up. My dad's dad was a county sheriff back in the day, I shudder to guess at his reaction...brr. Course, they'd never have got the chance, as my Mom and Dad would have beaten 'em to it.

Good for Grandma. Fairly obvious that she gives a damn. She noticed something, and acted.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You have a point there, however, if Grandma doesn't know this, how is what she did wrong? She acted in the kids best interests.

...and it'll come out in the investigation, or so I would surmise. Certainly Mom and Dad should be able to confirm this? Or so I would hope.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What? In what world does this even begin to make sense?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: YungMahn

The world where people actually have to commit a crime.

Ya know Due process as guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So let this kid go and shoot up a school first and then punish him just to stroke you’re “patriot” ego? Please.

This kid was volatile and dangerous. Granny did the right thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If you think people should be locked up or committed from nothing more than what they've written.

More than half of this website would vanish.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
BS. Ive never had the urge to kill a bunch of people and i played lots of violent video games.My fav level? the mass shooting in a airport in russia. No russian. no this isnt nothing but a dumb person acting stupid for attention.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Right! And a party of Indians dancing around a bonfire, in war paint, was only, "out dancing at night". Them leaving their camp and going on the Warpath, the next morning, was something which would've happened just the same. Playing these blood and guts, video games, will de-sensitize anybody. Their fake tomahawking throughout their little dances, wasn't going to prepare them for the Warpath, one iota??

edit on 16-2-2018 by carpooler because: Tomahawkers

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good on the grandmother. And I hope everything is ok with the grandson and he gets the help he needs. The criminal justice system has a knack for exacerbating problems like this.

I remember getting in trouble in high school for turning in a poem about a school shooting in English class. It was after the Columbine shooting, and was written from the perspective of the shooter. Wasn't meant to be edgy or weird or threatening, I just found the topic interesting at the time. I got an A on the paper, lol, but they told me to be careful about that crap in the future. Hopefully this kid is heading to get the help he needs though.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

"Playing these blood and guts, video games, will de-sensitize anybody."

Speak for yourself. Like I said, real violence is not appealing to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: carpooler

"Playing these blood and guts, video games, will de-sensitize anybody."

Speak for yourself. Like I said, real violence is not appealing to me.

I speak from experience that actually seeing a body mangled and the smell...i dont ever want to kill someone. no thank you. its a last resort.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think that they do. You start paying attention to moving objects, rather than flesh and blood creatures. When I pop a cap on a big game animal, I tune out their innocence. I'd describe this as a kind of tunnel vision, especially if the game animal is moving. I make so many minute calculations, that I lose most feelings for my quarry. Rifles and Bows, don't seem to be much different, for me. I've never tried to spear anything, on dry ground. Skin diving was another story.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The kid hadn't done anything save post a few pictures and write some stuff. It's actions that provide the impetus for sending someone to the pokey.

Words are insufficient cause for that. Concern? Hell, yeah. Looking into it? You damn tootin'. However, going to jail? No.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Seriously Neo? She was supposed to let this just slide?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I have never seen anyone on here writing about chomping at the bit to commit mass murder.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Cruz hadn’t done much other than YouTube comments and take pictures with guns until...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Liability wouldn't be my concern. I'm not saying my viewpoint is right for everyone, or even right at all. I'm just saying that I would never rat out my own kid. I would do the best I could to prevent any further actions but I'd never call the LEO's. It's just the way I was raised I guess. Even though my father was cop in large city he'd always handle family problems in-house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join