It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RECALL ALERT: Gravy Train, Kibbles ‘N Bits, Ol’ Roy, & Skippy Dog Foods recalled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here we go again.

This companies should be fined to the point of bankruptcy when they do this. I'm pretty sure we lost our two cats a while ago due to the last recall.

t
www.dogingtonpost.com...

Dog food found with Euthanasia Drug in it.

In total, we tested 15 cans of Gravy Train. Nine cans — 60-percent of the sample — were positive for pentobarbital. And while the levels detected were not lethal, under federal law they are also not permitted at any concentration.”

While Smucker’s makes the claim that the levels of pentobarbital found in their food “does not pose a threat to pet safety,” its presence in pet food is strictly prohibited in ANY amount. Further, oral exposure to pentobarbital can cause drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance, nausea, nystagmus (eyes moving back and forth in a jerky manner), inability to stand, coma and death.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that the cheapest, lowest grade pet food happens to have trace amounts of an undesirable chemical.

Could be overreacting about something that naturally occurs? Like nitrates/nitrites?

Pentobarbital

Pentobarbital can occur as both a free acid and as salts of elements such as sodium and calcium. The free acid is only slightly soluble in water and ethanol.[1][2]

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Sounds like a classic case of industrial sabotage to me. The next question to ask is, what dog food companies most stand to gain from this discovery?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The Ol Roy brand of dog foods and snacks is probably the worst on the market. I assure you most vets will agree. It is garbage.

Best to make your own pet food if possible. Our 4 legged family members are happier and healthier just like we are when properly nourished.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Barbiturates in the dog food? Teenagers find out they'll be eating it to get high.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
We wouldn't even feed any of those brands to our pigs...

Seriously. Those are all low grade crap.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We buy dry food from the vet and make all treats with natural chicken in the dehydrator. Nasty stuff out there. We love our babies like our kids. a reply to: Illumimasontruth

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Barbiturates in the dog food? Teenagers find out they'll be eating it to get high.

Whether you were being sarcastic or not, I don’t know, but you’re right. Tide pods, anyone?

How about the ‘epidemic’ of loperamide, err, Imodium (the sh$t unclogger)? Yep, teenagers are dying from overdoses of poop pills because it’s, technically, an opioid. True story.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Maybe the meat that they are using in the food was euthanized and traces of this are in the meat. I think they need to find the source of the contamination. I doubt if they are adding it to the food. Although, I do know quite a few people who have dogs that could use a little of this chemical. No Quaaludes allowed in dog food?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I actually have kibbles and bits.... I think I have bought every high dollar good nutrition food on the market and my little dog won't eat it, but a 25 cent can of dog food from a gas station she loves.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I make food for my dogs.
The commercial stuff gives them skin problems and horrible farts.
Brown rice, carrots, peas, quinoa, whole oats, chicken, fat trimmings, hen eggs.
They love the stuff and their coats are beautiful.
It's also cheaper.
I make a big pot of it, break it into serving sizes, and freeze it.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that the cheapest, lowest grade pet food happens to have trace amounts of an undesirable chemical. Could be overreacting about something that naturally occurs? Like nitrates/nitrites?

I don't personally feed those products to my 4 legged hairy family members , but I thought it might be worth posting here for those that might.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Cr@p maybe the wife has been feeding me dog food?

BTW do you have the recipe you use?
edit on 34228America/ChicagoFri, 16 Feb 2018 09:34:50 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: skunkape23

Cr@p maybe the wife has been feeding me dog food?

BTW do you have the recipe you use?
A little of this a little of that. Basically the cheap parts of a chicken...hearts, liver, gizzards, leg and thigh quarters... with some grain. No corn. A lot of dogs are allergic to it.
Boil into a nice thick slop and ring the dinner bell.

top topics

join