It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For any parents of school age kids - You owe it to them to help protect them.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wait! Don't shoot!
I gotta go to my locker and get my backpack its bulletproof.

You did notice all of the kids evacuating had their backpacks on didn't you? I seriously doubt they stopped by their lockers just to get their backpacks.
edit on 15-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I relocated to an area where we don't have these types of issues.

It's not really a factor anyhow where I live. As the boys(and girls) regularly hunt small game on the way to school, with real firearms, and without incident.

You get what you raise. If you live in a place full of monsters, maybe consider moving.

But, hey a plate carrier that causes a twisted spine sounds fun....
edit on 15-2-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

pretty sad state of affairs when the gun lobbies have grown so strong that you have to consider sending your kids to schools with armoured backpacks.

Oddly, the second amendment has been around quite a while, school shootings? Not so much...so maybe there's another cause? Like, oh, I don't know...medicating the hell out of troubled kids and turning them into whackos? Just a thought...

People like to ignore that Americans have had the right to own, and keep in their home, firearms for some 200-odd years, and that up until the last 20 years or school shootings specifically and mass shootings in general were incredibly uncommon.

But it's easier to go after the guns than it is to figure out how to go after mental health, big pharma pushing medications on everybody, and a myriad of other things.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Man the MSM playing everyone around here like a fiddle. They go nuts with one recent shooting and its thread after thread, as if statistically speaking its a major threat.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

pretty sad state of affairs when the gun lobbies have grown so strong that you have to consider sending your kids to schools with armoured backpacks.

Oddly, the second amendment has been around quite a while, school shootings? Not so much...so maybe there's another cause? Like, oh, I don't know...medicating the hell out of troubled kids and turning them into whackos? Just a thought...

People like to ignore that Americans have had the right to own, and keep in their home, firearms for some 200-odd years, and that up until the last 20 years or school shootings specifically and mass shootings in general were incredibly uncommon.

But it's easier to go after the guns than it is to figure out how to go after mental health, big pharma pushing medications on everybody, and a myriad of other things.

200 years? Try 500 years since Plymouth Rock.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: Shamrock6

200 years? Try 500 years since Plymouth Rock.

Sorry, I must've missed that in history class. I wasn't aware the 2nd Amendment was drafted at Plymouth Rock.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe we should up the ante. This happened 50 miles from my home two weeks ago. Marshall Co. Ky. So maybe
When this broken young man as the media is playing him up to be, is convicted of 17 counts of murder, maybe he
Can be hung publically. On the school or court house grounds. He’ll have a broken neck to go along with his broken
Heart And maybe the media can film that # and put it on national tv. Kill our kids. You want to be famous? We’ll make you famous. We’ll hang your ass from the flag pole.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No it wasn't but Americans "have" been carrying guns that long. The British tried to disarm the public during the revolutionary war but that didn't go over too well, did it?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yes, Americans have been carrying guns that long. Yes, the British tried to disarm them. Why? Because the Americans didn't have a right to own firearms as far as the British were concerned.

Then this thing happened in 1776 when the Americas stopped being colonies subject to British control and became their own independent country with their own laws, and a few years later it was established that it was a right to keep and bear arms in that newly established country.

There's sort of a difference between being allowed by the Crown to have a firearm and it being codified that one has the right to have a firearm, and that it's up to the government to try and overcome that right if they think otherwise.

Sort of the whole point I'm making here.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Inconceivable that we live in an age where this is an everyday major concern. Not quite like the wild west but a lot more civilized.

Bullet proof clothing for Kids

edit on 15-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Well now that you have explained yourself so eloquently, OK.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Schools are no longer a safe place for kids. I would never send my children to a public school. A better solution then a bullet proof backpack would be homeschooling. IMO.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Wasn't really confusing the first time

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Just closing out the individual debate. It isn't relevant to the OP anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
The guards at my kids elementary school is armed, and is on the patrol route between two sheriff substations. I feel good. I drop them off every morning and they walk home in the afternoon. They are having some kind of lock down drill next week though, I will make sure to keep them home. The chances of an actual school shooting go up when the government is doing some kind of simulation.

I don't need no government false flags killing my kids, dropping synthetic Snydaver labs cadavers and placing fabricated DNA evidence at the scene while using propaganda laws to push the agenda. All of which actually exist. Maybe I will just keep them home all week.
edit on 2-15-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Blame the gun lobbies, not the perpetrators or their parents or the community interacting with them.

Strange there aren't more with how powerful those lobbies are. Should be thousands by that rationale I reckon.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Liberals have you convinced,when they are ones behind these mass shootings,to scare the public into"gun control" they prey on weak minded,looks like it works for some

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Liberals have you convinced,when they are ones behind these mass shootings,to scare the public into"gun control" they prey on weak minded,looks like it works for some

And it seems like whatever political ideology you subscribe to have brainwashed you into believing this kind of rubbish that these shootings are false flags.

This latest shooting was known to have right wing views.

Just sayin

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join