It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimi Hendrix - Both Sides of the Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

In July 1965, on Nashville's Channel 5 Night Train, Hendrix made his first television appearance. Performing in Little Richard's ensemble band, he backed up vocalists Buddy and Stacy on "Shotgun". The video recording of the show marks the earliest known footage of Hendrix performing.

On February 18 and 24 [, 1969], they [The Jimi Hendrix Experience] played sold-out concerts at London's Royal Albert Hall, which were the last European appearances of this lineup.

The Band of Gypsys album was the only official live Hendrix LP made commercially available during his lifetime; several tracks from the Woodstock and Monterey shows were released later that year.[231] The album was released in April 1970 by Capitol Records; it reached the top ten in both the U.S. and the UK.

Paramedics then transported Hendrix to St Mary Abbot's Hospital where Dr. John Bannister pronounced him dead at 12:45 p.m. on September 18, 1970.

Wikipedia - Jimi Hendrix.

Within the citation, they explain the legal dispute that resulted in Al Hendrix regaining the rights to his son's music and image. He formed a company called, Experience Hendrix (same source), which has been the source of the good recordings since the mid 1990s.

First Days of the New Rising Sun (1997), was one of those releases. Anybody who had an LP of Cry of Love, know what I mean by how so much better the re-released material sounds!

Valleys of Neptune (2010), is a ray of sunshine in the rather blandness of pop music. My favorite is Mr. Bad Luck, but to hear Hendrix again was wonderful. The compilation, People, Hell, and Angels (2013) (Wikipedia), is said to be what Hendrix was working on as a follow up to Electric Ladyland. Like other releases these are complete songs and what would be considered jam sessions.

Experience Hendrix is offering us more! As part of an envisioned trilogy of releases (Valleys of Neptune, and, People, Hell, and Angels), this new release rounds out the offering: Called, Both Sides of the Sky, it is 13 tracks of mostly "previously unreleased" tracks including guest appearances by Johnny Winter (on, Things That I Used to Do, which has got me salivating already!!), and Stephen Stills on a couple more, it is bound to appeal to the completist that some us have not realized we had become! All studio recordings, 10 of which have not seen the light of day until now.

Jimi Hendrix - Mannish Boy (official teaser for Both Sides of the Sky)

Both Sides of the Sky, drops March 9, 2018.

Jimi Hendrix - Both Sides of the Sky (Official Website).

My West Coast Seattle Boy! So glad you could joins us here! Your band has been growing too fast of late, so take a break and give us some more electric blues!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

And bringing it down from the skies to make us dance TEOT!

new topics

join