It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Arrested For "Child Abuse" For Forcing Student To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

I agree with you 100 percent! Question is, are we now suddenly the minority who believe in discipline, respect for authority and traditional values?
edit on 2/15/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Good.

It's a violation of that child's Constitutional rights.

And has been for quite some time.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Annee again so soon but yeah.....teacher screwed up. The student should not have had any attention drawn to his/her not standing. If said student was acting up and causing disruption or other issues, send them to the principles office but we should not force loyalty, allegiance or anything of that nature in our schools.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis

Except in this case the teachers face the consequences.

That's because the patients are running the asylum.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

You really rally behind this lady being charged for child abuse and her life ruined? Seriously this world is so utterly foolish.

The kid shouldnt be forced to stand but holy sheet are you liberals ruthless in your retribution

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: eNumbra

Yep that’s the American way alright, never question authority.

That must be why we've had over 80 years of gun control.

That authoritarianism, and the new indoctrination being shoved down children's throats bout saving the planet.

Lol, flail much?

Just the response Neo expected. Authoritarianism is bad unless you agree with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I agree with you 100 percent! Question is, are we now suddenly the minority who believe in discipline, respect for authority and traditional values?

No, as clearly you could see from this last election I don't think the majority is like that. Maybe on the coasts and a few places in between but the majority of the regular country disagrees with the inmates running the prison.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So do you think children should be forced to repeat the pledge?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not doing as told IS causing a disruption. I would have sent the student to the office for not participating. If the class is told to stand for the pledge then that's the rule and you're either going to follow the rules or cause a disruption by not following the rules. No picking and choosing the rules you think kids should and shouldn't follow. If the kid don't wanna abide by the rules then the parents need to pull him out and put him in a school that doesn't recite the pledge.

It's not like the rules demanded they climb to the roof and fall off backwards.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis

So do you think children should be forced to repeat the pledge?

Yes. If reciting the pledge is a rule, as it has been for decades, then they should have to recite it or face whatever the consequences are for not following the rules.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: eNumbra

Yep that’s the American way alright, never question authority.

That must be why we've had over 80 years of gun control.

That authoritarianism, and the new indoctrination being shoved down children's throats bout saving the planet.

Lol, flail much?

Just the response Neo expected. Authoritarianism is bad unless you agree with it.

Which is exactly what you two are doing.

Forcing someone to stand for the pledge, punishing them for not is an authoritarian act; you cant debate this so you lash out in all directions and ignore the obvious issue with you own stance.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So any rule established by a school should be followed?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Good for the teacher, suck it up Buttercup for the student.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not doing as told IS causing a disruption. I would have sent the student to the office for not participating. If the class is told to stand for the pledge then that's the rule and you're either going to follow the rules or cause a disruption by not following the rules. No picking and choosing the rules you think kids should and shouldn't follow. If the kid don't wanna abide by the rules then the parents need to pull him out and put him in a school that doesn't recite the pledge.

It's not like the rules demanded they climb to the roof and fall off backwards.
But there is no rule compelling the children to stand and repeat the Pledge of Allegiance. In fact, the rule states the exact opposite. That children cannot be forced to take part in the pledge. It must be voluntary. That’s kind of the point.

“ with liberty and justice for all “

That includes the liberty to abstain from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance
edit on 15-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I remember back in Elementary school in the 70's.

The principal had a paddle in her office.

If you were bad. You got the paddle.

My father in law said that the Nuns would give you the ruler across the back of the hand.

How things have changed.

I can vouch for this. I went to Catholic grade school in late 60s/early 70s and the nuns would smack my left hand across the knuckles because I wrote with my left hand and not the right. Ed Rendell is right, we’ve become a nation of wusses.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: grey580

I remember back in Elementary school in the 70's.

The principal had a paddle in her office.

If you were bad. You got the paddle.

My father in law said that the Nuns would give you the ruler across the back of the hand.

How things have changed.

I can vouch for this. I went to Catholic grade school in late 60s/early 70s and the nuns would smack my left hand across the knuckles because I wrote with my left hand and not the right. Ed Rendell is right, we’ve become a nation of wusses.
Are you in favor to going back to spanking children for silly reasons like writing with their left hands? Because it kind of sounds like you are promoting that.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There has to be a hard line drawn on "rules" or else you end up with situations where teachers can physically beat kids.
Can't just say...the rules are the rules.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I was spanked and I only grew up in the 90s.the kids today wanna be you tube stara and eat tide pods while shooting up a school so I'm a little conflicted about the new modern approach to coddling.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I'm not a liberal. I'm not even a democrat.

And I don't rally around anyone having their lives ruined over any particular reason, but guess what? Don't put your hands on other people and you'll never have this problem.

She did the crime. Consequences pending.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

I keep a rock in my pocket all through school.

The rock protects me from Mass Shootings.

Ive never been in the same state as one at the time.

Thank you unassuming rock

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Woodcarver

I was spanked and I only grew up in the 90s.the kids today wanna be you tube stara and eat tide pods while shooting up a school so I'm a little conflicted about the new modern approach to coddling.
All kids want to be YouTube Stars and eat tide pods?. I think I can see the Intellectual level you are working at. I’m assuming you were spanked directly on your Medula Oblongata.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join