It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House refuses to reveal immigration status of Melania's parents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I mean, i get the "gotcha" moment here....but what he is doing isn't illegal. He is using the immigration system as it is legally defined currently....and he is somehow derided for it?

Again...I don't expect Sessions to give a speech in CO demanding a crackdown on Marijuana and then go to his hotel to pull bongs with friends.

This is an independant moderate who didn't vote for Trump telling you this....its ridiculous, and only makes me want to defend someone I don't really like that much.

Tex...95% percent of your posts around here are precisely defending Trump and teams actions.

You might do it with an aw-shucks, I am just a moderate giving an opinion, flavor.
But it is what it is.

Right....because the crap ya'll throw at him is ridiculous 95% of the time.

His policy decisions get fair critique from me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've even pointed out that he's a terrible president. Not sure what more you want from me in that regard.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I googled specific searches of Trump trying to get rid of this visa and got zilch.

You could have read page one of the thread?

But here are a few to get you started

Trump Administration Wants to End Family Sponsorship Visas
www.voanews.com...

Trump Wants to Block Visas for Immigrants’ Extended Family Members
www.newsweek.com...

Fewer family visas approved as Trump toughens vetting of immigrants: Reuters review
www.reuters.com...

Republicans Led by Donald Trump Challenge Family-Based Immigration
www.wsj.com...

What Trump's Proposed Changes Mean For Family-Based Immigration
www.npr.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I mean, i get the "gotcha" moment here....but what he is doing isn't illegal. He is using the immigration system as it is legally defined currently....and he is somehow derided for it?

Again...I don't expect Sessions to give a speech in CO demanding a crackdown on Marijuana and then go to his hotel to pull bongs with friends.

This is an independant moderate who didn't vote for Trump telling you this....its ridiculous, and only makes me want to defend someone I don't really like that much.

Tex...95% percent of your posts around here are precisely defending Trump and teams actions.

You might do it with an aw-shucks, I am just a moderate giving an opinion, flavor.
But it is what it is.

I retract the personal jab. Apologies.

I have yet to see a policy decision that was solely in the best interest of the American People. His Policy decisions are an extension of his hypocrisy, lack of impulse control and dishonesty. At their best they are self-interested personal appeals to his supporters.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

But it is what it is.

I have yet to see a policy decision that was solely in the best interest of the American People. His Policy decisions are an extension of his hypocrisy, lack of impulse control and dishonesty. At their best they are self-interested personal appeals to his supporters.

I give no argument there.

I appreciate him taking action on ACA, but the action is going to hurt really bad in the near term. I appreciate him taking action on taxes....but i'd prefer to see a bit more austerity and a banning of deficit spending. I appreciate the focus on infrastructure, but wish it was paid for with some of the enormous DoD budget.

Right directions, wrong actions. But above all I think that the FBI is corrupt, and welcome the full on review of the organization. I wish it didn't mean having a turd like Trump as president as a trade off.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: soberbacchus

How sad, the typical response from trump followers, "I should care why" again the Hypocrisy among them is unbelievable.

They cant see simply put, Its okay for trumps Inlaws, but hey, if its the average legal citizen of the United States, you will be screwed. Now I am sure, if any of them were in this situation, they would see it for what it really is.

A couple with kids working two jobs to make ends meet. They get a Visa to bring the wife's mom to the states to watch the kids while they bust ass to pay the bills?
NO MORE! says Trump!! Not OK!

Meanwhile....If it is Melania?..Well...THAT is different...he is Trump after all.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

But it is what it is.

I appreciate the focus on infrastructure, but wish it was paid for with some of the enormous DoD budget.

Agree there. Know what Trump pitched to pay for infrastructure? A 25 cent per gallon gasoline tax hike. Screw the working man.

But above all I think that the FBI is corrupt, and welcome the full on review of the organization. I wish it didn't mean having a turd like Trump as president as a trade off.

I don't think the FBI is corrupt, but also welcome a full (honest) review.

Sidenote off-the-radar: Since announcing he wasn't going to run for office again because he enjoys places where "facts matter"...Trey Gowdy has gone rogue. He opened an inquiry into who at the WH doesn't have a security clearance or has been turned down for a security clearance and send them a letter 24 hours later demanding records.

edit on 15-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Must be a slow news day.
Are journalists insinuating that the parents of the First Lady should not be allowed to immigrate, or use programs that are available to everyone else?

I think they are pointing to the hypocrisy, that Donald is rushing to help his own foreign relatives immigrate to the US, "before" he himself changes the rules so that nobody else can do this again afterwords.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I always know when you started riffing on the thesaurus you are retreating from logic.

When asked what the Visa the parents were here on, the statement from the WH very much affirms everyone's assumption.

Do you or do you not know the immigration status of Melania's parents?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Trump brought his in-laws over via the IR-5 visa (family visa) to help look after Barron.

The same Visa he has been deriding and calling for the elimination of.

Cuz...It's HIM, not other people.

Write your elected officials, and tell them to change the law. If it screws Trump, it might get done

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Write your elected officials, and tell them to change the law. If it screws Trump, it might get done

We'll agree to change the law, if they make it "retroactive" so that we can deport all those using the "loophole" to enter the US in the last 10 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If it is legal when it is done, it is legal. Now Trump is not against immigration, he just wants it done the right way. You should not get special preference because one of your relatives is here. You should not get in here because you drew a straw or lottery. That is not the right way to do things, the more loopholes, the more unfairness and abuse of the system.

I can see parents getting their kids here after they are settled in, but that needs to be done properly. I can see Trump and his wife wanting to have her parents there so she could help take care of them, they did it the legal way, money and connections usually get someone in. People can come here to visit, if they qualify for a visa with no bad history that would exclude them from obtaining a passport, we do not want criminals coming here anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If it is legal when it is done, it is legal. Now Trump is not against immigration, he just wants it done the right way. You should not get special preference because one of your relatives is here.

The reason for enabling immigrants to bring in their relatives, is that it makes for a more stable and successful community.

There's nothing worse than having a lone wolf, with no family or relatives, to make that person feel welcome and accepted, in the harsh world we live in.

Remember, when an isolated immigrant enters the US, he has to re-build his social networks all over again. Some of these networks are established over "generations", so the person enters at an extreme disadvantage to the natives who already have long established networks of family and friends, to provide references and recommendations, contacts and job placements, and to make him feel normal, like the rest of us, rather than constantly feeling like an outsider.

So, immigration by relation is important. At least, some people thought so, that's why they introduced it.

You should not get in here because you drew a straw or lottery.

You don't actually get in just because of the lottery. You still have to meet certain criteria. The lottery just adds an element of randomness, to overcome the "bias" and "prejudice" that people have when making subjective judgments on who to let in.

That is not the right way to do things, the more loopholes, the more unfairness and abuse of the system.

There aren't any loopholes. Just variations in policies. Take your pick. Everybody has their own ideas on how things should be done. Most people would say, let me in, because I'm me, and I know I'm the better than all those others; pointing fingers.

we do not want criminals coming here anyway.

Many refugees are considered "criminals" by their own home governments, because of political disagreements between these peoples and their governments. This is why they flee. Every refugee is a criminal back in his home country.

edit on 15-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

If it is legal when it is done, it is legal. Now Trump is not against immigration, he just wants it done the right way. You should not get special preference because one of your relatives is here.

The reason for enabling immigrants to bring in their relatives, is that it makes for a more stable and successful community.

that only goes for white people.

or rich people.

or ideally both.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If it is legal when it is done, it is legal.

Said every rapist/murderer in every lawless 3rd world country ever.

You either believe the morals you espouse or you don't.

Honestly if you need a law library or bible to reference before you decide right or wrong, I don't want to know you. You are moral trash.

edit on 15-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

that only goes for white people.

or rich people.

or ideally both.

It holds for Indians from India, and also for Chinese.

In fact, it's because of the strong and sable bonds in these communities, that they produce so many bright and successful individuals, that are taking up the places in the best universities, that would otherwise have gone to white people.

Harvard has to limit the number of Chinese they'll accept, because if they accepted students just on the basis of academics alone, the entire undergraduate class at Harvard would be of Chinese origin. So, Harvard deliberately reserves a number of places for white students, just to make sure there is a healthy mix of ethnic groups on campus.

Many other universities do the same.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Bottom lining it.

Trump brought his in-laws over via the IR-5 visa (family visa) to help look after Barron.

The same Visa he has been deriding and calling for the elimination of.

Cuz...It's HIM, not other people.

White House refuses to reveal immigration status of Melania's parents

The questions about Melania Trump’s parents’ immigration status, explained

The most recent flare-up involves Melania’s parents, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, who appear to currently live in the United States, where they are very engaged with the care and rearing of their grandson Barron Trump.

This would not ordinarily be a particularly noteworthy situation. (...) But the Trump administration has specifically made an effort to bar US citizens from sponsoring visas for their parents a centerpiece of its immigration policy efforts.

On an immigration policy call with reporters held Wednesday morning, a White House official answered a question about the Knavses by saying that while they were “not going to get into specific cases,” it was a “fallacy” to think that “just because a policy was in place in the past means it should continue indefinitely into the future.”

DIFFERENT RULES for the Orange King vs. lowly citizens.
Quit whinin'...They're Dreamers...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join