It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’ve poisoned our culture we need to start cleaning it up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
When are we ever going know that what happened today to 17 of our children will never happen again?

How about a national day of peace. Day of unity--It’s a start.

How about a few billboards along with the road selling soap ads and concert ads a huge sign talking about love once in a while.

WE LOVE OUR KIDS

SEEK HELP BROTHER

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR

Something like that

A public announcement declaring a program to help the mentally ill, maybe even for free.

We sell soap and computers but can't even sell a little love

Maybe we need a national religion where we slowly start learning to not hate so much

Of course not a real religion…. Just a voluntary understanding and emphasis that we have to change or were going to lose this country.

We talk all this crap but never do anything positive. Just argue about politics, guns, wars, hatred.

We just put in our consciousness materialism, greed, strife, violence, crime, and selfishness.

All of this has to have an affect, a negative affect.

Were feeling it now.

Garbage in garbage out…

How about less violence in Hollywood and in all media.

And even a lessening of the political wars

Even the world wars…

When are we going to wake up and realize we have to change?

Were gorging on negative psychological food and we’ve poisoned our culture

We’ve given our children poison for a world. For a country.

There not safe. There not healthy. There not happy.

We’ve failed the children we claim we love.

And we’ve failed ourselves. For every American matters. Every person matters

When are we going to wake up?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah, I'm not buying all of your platitudes, but I agree it sucks. The shooter was 'poisoned' by some element of today's zeitgeist, but he was a lil bitch that used a semi-automatic rifle to gun down kids in a school of about 4,000. His type has always existed and the point of no return on 'gun control' was...well, never, in the US. That's not an indictment or excuse, just the cold-hard-truth.

Pointing fingers won't accomplish anything. Guns in America are here to stay and you're swimming upstream thinking otherwise. Just for perspective: if there were a "gun buy-back" policy implemented that resulted in 33 million guns voluntarily handed over, that'd be a complete success, if not a complete confiscation of all firearms in any given country, but the US...there'd still be 90% of what remained. Waking up? Waking up to the fact that gun control (outside of some select, comprehensive surveillance databases of guns/owners) will never be a feasible solution would be a start in America.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
All we do is dog eat dog. Materialism. Hedonism. I’m all for pleasure and a material life but its out of balance here in America.

Its just an overload of violence, strife—its like a life of war or a war on life.

Its starts with that and ends with the violence we saw today in Florida.

GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT.

The same old arguments every time about guns

Doesn’t it get tired folks?

It’s about our souls, our hearts, and our minds. Were feeding it unabated poison on a massive scale.

And the results will repeat over and over and over

When are we going to see what’s clear as a bell

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
We need a secular religion sort of. Of course, again I don’t mean a religion like the theistic ones.

A religion of balance

This freedom experiment has come to a terrible end folks. Believe me.

Its been abused so much that all we get is spiritual, psychological and mental poison and it has filtered down to the children and their killing each other and all we do is argue about guns!

Their crying out for help

And as usual you don’t hear.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It’s really not about guns.

It’s about what science knows but won’t tell.

Its basic psychology 101 actually, I learned ages ago.
Garbage in Garbage out.

And we get shocked when this happens.

It reminds me of my childhood when my mother was shocked I was a junkie, thief, drug dealer and potential killer.

Oh ma, god bless her.

She and dad fought 24 7, were drunk have the time and particularly on the holidays.

Garbage in garbage out—excuse the pedestrian metaphors but that’s what we may require here since all this violence still doesn’t get through to most of you.

You’re still on a gun or no gun perennial argument.

I could see 100 years from now we’ll have had 100‘s of these killings and you will still be arguing about, that’s right…guns.

edit on 14-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It’s about the soul. The heart, the mind. What feeds that, what nurtures that. These elements do require food that will determine whether it’s happy or sad, good or evil just as your body responds to healthy food or poison.

We’ve poisoned our culture unlike any society on earth EVER

Whatever bad the world has, it’s just that America has it on steroids!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sandy Hook was my elightening moment. I cried like a child in my car when I learned about it. I asked my friend, what can we do?

"Nothing", he replied.

I realized he was right.

We have to live with the hatred and be better than it. There is real evil in the world, and we need warriors of light.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Ummm...do tell...Willtell...that’s a quaint thought...a nice sentiment...

Too bad it’s doomed to fail...can’t beat a guy up for trying though...or can I...?

If you can’t seem to grasp how much you’ve been a part of the problem throughout your divisive...dismissive stint here...then no amount of glad handing will excuse that...

You see my friend...change is accomplished on a personal level...individually...
Quite frankly this conversion your experiencing will be amazingly short lived...you’ll revert to your nature either by the end of this thread...or by dusk tomorrow...

I challenge you to prove me wrong...however...I don’t think you have it in you to be an honest arbiter...

Let’s see how quick you are to revert...after the news cycle moves on...after that urge to divide rears it’s ugly head...after that innate desire you husband...to label...to appear smug and superior...overtakes emoting the issue of the day...

I can’t even give you a week...and that’s sad...very sad...

Have you got the requisite strength to take a long hard look in the mirror...?

That’s where the problem lies...that’s where the lie lives...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Don’t make me start the religion. I work in the underworld…If you make me come up. It won’t be—shall I say-- nice.

I hope I can inspire one of you, my goodness. Maybe I’m tired. I am tired of reading about the precious youths getting slaughtered like animals in those schools. And the others as well. At the movies, the concerts, the mall, the church.

Don’t any of you give a dam.

Or are you all so use to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Perhaps we in the US just love our guns more than we love our children.

Or, to put it another way,

The fear of what might happen to us, personally, is greater than the fear we have for our children if we keep our guns.
edit on 15-2-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Don’t make me start the religion. I work in the underworld…If you make me come up. It won’t be—shall I say-- nice.

Ummm...see what I mean...you couldn’t even keep it together for one post...

I was hoping you would prove me wrong...instead you verified everything I stated...you proved me right in my assessment...

The mirror proved stronger...your reflection won...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Willtell

Ummm...see what I mean...you couldn’t even keep it together for one post...

I was hoping you would prove me wrong...instead you verified everything I stated...you proved me right in my assessment...

The mirror proved stronger...your reflection won...

YouSir

You have just observed a man transform, like Dr. Jekyll there is a monster hiding in every one of us, welcome to the Twilight Zone.

edit on 15-2-2018 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Too bad it’s doomed to fail...can’t beat a guy up for trying though...or can I...?

If you can’t seem to grasp how much you’ve been a part of the problem throughout your divisive...dismissive stint here...then no amount of glad handing will excuse that...

You see my friend...change is accomplished on a personal level...individually...
Quite frankly this conversion your experiencing will be amazingly short lived...you’ll revert to your nature either by the end of this thread...or by dusk tomorrow...

I challenge you to prove me wrong...however...I don’t think you have it in you to be an honest arbiter...

Let’s see how quick you are to revert...after the news cycle moves on...after that urge to divide rears it’s ugly head...after that innate desire you husband...to label...to appear smug and superior...overtakes emoting the issue of the day...

YouSir

I find your perspective on wills statement there interesting, as I understand it he is saying choose love and you criticize his plea as divisive ....what is it that you think is divisive ?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If my hands weren't a shakin'
I'd grab my .45
And shoot that mockin' bird that's raising hell outside.
-Hinson

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Another terrible tragedy.

I commend your sentiments.

But what you are saying, is Exactly what many young (and old) people were saying 50 years ago.......

Turn On, Tune In and Drop out....

The mantra of love and peace, based on Eastern teachings of love and Peace, harmony and co-existence, Ying and Yang....

How did that all work out?

How quickly people forgot.....and went back to their lives of conformity and society.

But we feel for you guys over there.....be strong.

edit on 15-2-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

It will be as in the day of Noah. The world has a heart problem. God be with you all.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I half agree with you, but we are 180 degrees off on the half I believe I disagree with you on.

"Love" has become a throw away word which has become so overused it has little meaning left in most of these discussions... ironically, "hate" is also so overused that it's now pretty much meaningless.

Want this crap to dramatically reduce? Very simple, but very tough pill to swallow, solution is simply to embrace natural law and allow natural consequences to reign supreme again. Society has removed personal responsibility from life. Humans need to fear the reality of failure often. It is what fuels us to be better, do better, and want better. Let bullied school kids reach their first breaking point and finally use their fists on their bullies, hell , cheer them when they do it! The current position of "violence is never acceptable" the zero tolerance policy, has given us this school shooting phenomenon. Young men MUST be allowed to throw fists, it is hard wired into our DNA... if you refuse to let it happens, crap like school shootings result.

In other areas of society, failures need to be allowed to happen, excuses need to be rejected, consequences need to be as brutal as nature intended... it makes life worth fighting for every single day.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's a reasonable stance to take, natural law I like it.

It could be argued that we have fallen off wagon so to speak because we tried to replace natural law with man's law and have a government who deals in implementing that law, and as a consequence the law is abused and doesn't apply to everyone equally and the results, well we are seeing those results play out...
edit on 15-2-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

YouSir

I find your perspective on wills statement there interesting, as I understand it he is saying choose love and you criticize his plea as divisive ....what is it that you think is divisive ?

Ummm...his entire post history over the last two years...that and my observations on human character...

It's not so easy for a tiger to change it's stripes...I was hoping for him to prove me wrong...I really was...

As you can see...his response to my post instead proved me right...

As I also stated...it doesn't make me feel good...just sad...and a bit depressed...

Beneath that veneer we wear on the surface...resides the reality of our nature...the hardest thing we can ever attempt to achieve is to truly change that character...

YouSir

top topics

<<   2 >>

join