It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I agree but probably not in the way you are thinking. Maybe so...
My kids school would make a far left liberals head explode. They recite the Pledge, they meet at the pole for prayer, and they pray after games.
I know for a FACT, that if someone came in that front door carrying a gun they would be mowed down before they ever hit a classroom. It's a don't ask don't tell type thing in a wealthy small Texas town. If a kid snuck it in, if they were not dropped there they would be blown to pieces leaving that room.

so....you're going to go and stand out in a school for 8 hours a day, with your AR at the ready... how many of others would you need to cover the entire perimeter of each and every school.....and of course, due to a lack of money, all will have to be volunteers, and "trained up"...and this will be 5 days a week all school year long....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If you want to stop school shootings you must take the CIA and splinter it into a thousand pieces.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

What's a war weapon??? By your definition?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I see we still have people that would blame the penis in a rape case instead of the person.

We don't need more laws.

We need to raise our children not as little delicate flowers but as people who are entering adulthood and prepare them for life.

Real life. Not the namby-pamby ideal PC culture.

Life is hard. It often sucks.

These shooters are dealing with adult stresses with adolescent behaviors.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
America is a violent country with a frontier mentality of dealing with adversity with firearms.

Don't be surprised when the citizens kill each other in incredible numbers.

It's cultural and it's not gonna stop. Glad I don't have kids!!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Willtell
Don’t forget kids too. Since their mostly the victims of our sick society.

Good point. If anybody needs guns, it's troubled kids being bothered by bullies! How else are they going to defend themselves?

I hope you realize I'm being facetious
edit on 14-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Don't be surprised when the citizens kill each other in incredible numbers.

Isn't that already happening

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
If you want to stop school shootings you must take the CIA and splinter it into a thousand pieces.

What do you suggest!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If we want this to stop maybe we should pay attention to School harassement, where teens harass other teens to the brink of insanity. Where harassed teens get pushed to to the point where their only option is to kill their stalkers.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Do you really think that the issue is guns, or an issue of people not taking a proactive stance on prevention?

Why should a law abiding member of society have to have their rights restricted because of people who decide that the law doesn't apply to them? This type of issue really makes me think about how many others would have been saved had the school allowed employees to conceal carry on campus? Or like the link I posted, people around the shooter had paid attention enough to notify the authorizes about this before it happened?

Seems to me that the big issue here (and with many shootings) is that people around the shooter either doesn't want to "get involved" or "doesn't think it's going to happen since so and so is such a good kid". Maybe people should be accountable for their actions by those around them, and if they lose control of the situation then call the police about it. I wish people would stop with the guns are bad statement, and really look at the issues that are causing events to happen to begin with.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
btw what happened to the shooter ?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Society wants to ignore the people and blame objects. It's the easy path.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
*everyone* why do these shootings keep happening?

*also everyone* treat's everyone around them like a human ATM's and sees other humans as resources with zero to no empathy

They happen because we fail to properly protect our children.

Plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
btw what happened to the shooter ?

He is cought.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The culture where there are more guns than people

You mean that culture where 99.99% of the people that live in this country don't ever get shot.

That 'gun culture'?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: MOMof3

What's a war weapon??? By your definition?

BLACK scary looking objects that no military in the world carries.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

That certainly wouldn't hurt the situations that arise that might head in the direction of an attempted mass murderspree.

Teachers are, by all appearances, ill equipped to deal with them, as are the administrators. Most of whom have no real life experiences to draw upon.

How many of them, I wonder, went straight from college, at age 22-23, into the public education systems, and are expected to be able to deal with situations like this.

I couldn't have at 22-23. I'd have better luck now, maybe, but that's all it would be...luck. That pretty piece of parchment means, out in the real world, little to nothing. Especially in life or death matters of teen angst run amok.

They hang out in their offices, doing little to nothing as far an interacting with the students. How many students even realize that many schools have councilors on staff? This sort of thing shouldn't be a 9-5 job, it needs to be a calling. Performed by someone who not just wants to help, but needs to!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Number one, shootouts at the okay corral won’t solve this

Anyway, who said anything about guns?

The people who want to continue with a gun loving society wont budge. The slaughter of children doesn't move them from their dogma.

I mean, they wont even consider trying something

Guns, though, have to be in any holistic solution to this.

So how many have to die

100, 1000, 10,000, 20,000

When the society tries to do something

Just try man, an experiment

People have become inhuman

edit on 14-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Amid massacre, a story of courage: Reports say football coach stepped in front of bullets

When a shooter opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Broward County on Wednesday afternoon, reports emerged — persistent but unconfirmed by authorities as of early evening — of a football coach and security guard jumping in front of students to protect them from the shooter.

Coach Aaron Feis was initially said to be dead, eliciting tributes on social media. Subsequent posts said he was wounded but had survived the shooting.

“Coach Feis has not passed. He was shot but is not dead,” Jordan May, a coach at the school and the son of head football coach Willis “Peanut” May, said on Twitter. He did not have first-hand knowledge of how Feis had been shot. As for his father, Jordan May said he was in his office during the rampage and got out unscathed.

None of those who posted on social media claimed to have seen what happened to Coach Feis.

Feis has worked as a security guard at the school for at least eight years and takes his role protecting students very seriously, said Andrew Hofmann, a former student at the school who recently coached the swimming and water polo teams.

“He’s very well dedicated to the safety of the school during the daytime,” Hofmann said.

Hofmann described the coach as “a quiet person” with a good sense of humor. “When there’s a funny joke he is always laughing for sure,” he said.

click link for full article.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The culture where there are more guns than people

You mean that culture where 99.99% of the people that live in this country don't ever get shot.

That 'gun culture'?

So the massive population of 350 million people is the thing you depend on

So what a few thousand kids get slaughtered now and then

That’s only a small percentage

Boy oh boy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join