It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon's Starman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There's a starman flying through the sky with multiple dashcams to blew our minds. We know that Elon hopes that his car gets scooped by some highly intelligent extraterrestrial beings that will check his roadster and maybe he thinks to get it back totally customized and pimped with the latest of alien technology to set course beyond Mars.

As I viewed the almost five-hour life feeds from SpaceX and Elon's car I have to say it sure was a surreal view and one of the best space Arts I've seen.
Now as I watched I took a few minutes of starman's precious views of our Earth and the things that were flying around the car.

I have to say " Elon they sure have interest in your car, did they not call you for some great customizations? " Because I don't know what's up there with him but it sure looks a bit crowdy like they already were bidding a price on the roadster.

As I made a nice compilation of his live feeds, I only was missing one thing from the absolute silence of space. Ill hope you'll enjoy the video and let your minds go while you're up there ..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I enjoyed that.....'Nuff said!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I liked this too, good video.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yea really like some good music if I was going to Mars in a cool roadster.

Let's hope it returns some day as a new model like a Tesla BFR (Big Fat Roadster)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I wonder how those tires hold up in "the vacuum of space"
I imagine they would explode immediately, but I'm sure Hollywood is on top of it!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I would think if bigalow's inflatable modules are holding up those tires would too?

I didn't know Hollywood made tires?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I imagine they would explode immediately, but I'm sure Hollywood is on top of it!

On Earth's surface, air pressure is 14 lbs/square inch.
In space it is 0 lbs/square inch.

Overinflate your tires by 14 pounds. Do they explode? Why would they do so in space?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Amazing video. What are we seeing ? The 3 points multplying and disappearing. Great music as well S+F!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

You know what ,I can give my own interpretation of what I can see up there , but this is above my head and for everyone their own personal quest if what they see is actually that what they think it really is.

The choice of music displays somehow in what realm of observation I tend to look I guess

But yes it's weird enough and to say that there are stranger things that the mind can understand ..

edit on 0b36America/ChicagoThu, 15 Feb 2018 02:51:36 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Feb 2018 02:51:36 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Awesome, Thanks!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

ATS member phage has already given you his answer

to add to that - the life expectancy of an inflated tyre in spce will be greatly reduced , not because of the pressure - but because of temperature gradients and UV light - also the outer skin of the tyre will outgass volatile compounds into the vacum of space - which will further degrade the tyre

however - are the tyres ACTUALLY inflated ?

if i was in charge - i would have launched the car with flat tyres . there are a myriad of systems that i suspect would have been purged and cleaned out - before it was sent into space

including [ but not limited too ]

brake fluid

power steering oil

airbags

seatbelt " pre tensioners "

suspension struts

as all these could fail in an upredictable manner in extremes of temperature as the pressure fell - and could damage the lifter and the other payloads carried

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That's a basic physics problem. Simply reducing the tire pressure by 15-20 lbs. before launch is probably the easiest way to solve it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Very cool, I really enjoyed it, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Really cool vid! Great soundtrack really enjoyed that.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It is my car now. elonoff
That elon guy didn't want it and i hereby stake my claim to it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It's obviously better not to take any risks that the spacecraft would get out of course by some parts of the car suddenly going to explode I guess?

But No airbags, What if starman gets hit by an asteroid?
edit on 0b25America/ChicagoThu, 15 Feb 2018 12:40:25 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Feb 2018 12:40:25 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 0b03America/ChicagoThu, 15 Feb 2018 12:40:03 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Feb 2018 12:40:03 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Brilliant with a good soundtrack, thanks! It was surprisingly calming to watch.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Everyone is so impressed and amazed...

Meh.

Elon should have sent himself in a dragon capsule.

It's what Howard Hughes would have done.

HUMANS...we've gone soft.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

On Earth's surface, air pressure is 14 lbs/square inch.
In space it is 0 lbs/square inch.

Overinflate your tires by 14 pounds. Do they explode? Why would they do so in space?

I thought if a balloon for example traveled up through our atmosphere it increased in size as the pressure decreased. Until the pressure difference was great enough for the balloon to explode.

Is this not the case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join