It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Fox is reporting a statement that there are "many deaths" in the shooting.

So much hate today... so little love...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
He was apparently arrested at home, about a mile from the school.

twitter.com...
Police say the shooter Nicholas Cruz has been detained, but he is yelling, kicking and screaming, and talking to himself.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm glad it wasn't a tank because if it was then that would have been overkill, that doesn't mean my points don't still stand and that you were originally defending a tank being present though.

By the way, just because I think a tank is unnecessary for this situation doesn't automatically mean I want police to be under-equipped or unprepared, but apparently you love some hyperbole and straw men.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Fox is reporting a statement that there are "many deaths" in the shooting.

So much hate today... so little love...

TheRedneck

On Valentine's Day, no less.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This will end being known as the Valentine's Day massacre ☹

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
another day, another USA school shooting. sad that it's a regular occurence there.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I would think that may be motive?

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So me thinking that a tank is overkill automatically means I want the police to run in naked without guns and try to tackle the guy shooting at them? What kind of logic are you using? A tank is not necessary in this situation and is 100% overkill. You realize that this is how militarized police starts, right? First a tank here and a tank there, "oh it's no big deal, they have to be prepared", then full-blown Apache helicopters responding to almost anything with riot gear being normal.

There's absolutely no reason for a tank to be present. Do they plan on knocking down a few walls of the school to get to the guy? Why not just shoot a torpedo at the school instead? Shooting a tank shell around hundreds of kids sounds like a really smart idea. It's not like bricks fly in all directions when an explosion happens or anything.

I didn’t see a tank. Got a link to prove your assertion?

You naturally are welcome to your opinion however if you are interested in your opinion meaning anything to anyone please describe your experience, training or education which would validate your opinion.

link   

originally posted by: starviego

twitter.com...
Police say the shooter Nicholas Cruz has been detained, but he is yelling, kicking and screaming, and talking to himself.

Yah..Go figure..a crazy person acting crazy..a troubled person acting troubled...

link   
Looks like a geography teacher was shot, possibly killed. According to student on live interview

link   

originally posted by: starviego

twitter.com...

I watched him being taken into custody on the news and he was just standing there as they checked his pockets. He may have been yelling but not kicking

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
so what's the death toll/ injured?

how bad is it?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

You obviously didn't read the source in the OP because it clearly says a tank was present. Apparently that's not true so screw me for reading the quote and reacting to it, right?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
More beta rage?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Tanks...Helicopters...Who TF cares! Kids are dead.

How about we start another thread on how LEO's should respond to a mass shooting event?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

His apparent FB has Broward College linked. I don't think he was a current student at the H.S. or H.S. student age. Rest of the setting are on private(not a FB user so might be because I'm not signed in), so can't see birthdate/age.
edit on 14-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would say they should have just killed the kid instead of taking him into custody but that seems like too light of a punishment for him. Throw him in solitary confinement for the rest of his life, make sure he never has contact with anyone else except through a slot to get his food.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
On Valentine's Day...

What is the over under that the shooter was a bullied nerd who wasn't getting any action from the girls at school which sent him over the edge.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: Martin75

His apparent FB has Broward College linked. I don't think he was a current student at the H.S. or H.S. student age. Rest of the setting are on private, so can't see birthdate/age.

Now showing them loading shooter into ambulance

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So me thinking that a tank is overkill automatically means I want the police to run in naked without guns and try to tackle the guy shooting at them? What kind of logic are you using? A tank is not necessary in this situation and is 100% overkill. You realize that this is how militarized police starts, right? First a tank here and a tank there, "oh it's no big deal, they have to be prepared", then full-blown Apache helicopters responding to almost anything with riot gear being normal.

There's absolutely no reason for a tank to be present. Do they plan on knocking down a few walls of the school to get to the guy? Why not just shoot a torpedo at the school instead? Shooting a tank shell around hundreds of kids sounds like a really smart idea. It's not like bricks fly in all directions when an explosion happens or anything.

I think the problem is you seeing the "tank," whether one was there or not, only being used for knocking down walls and using it to shoot "tank shells." If I had a family member, friend, or neighbor in that situation, I would want them to have something to run and hide behind, if needed. Why would you NOT bring everything you had that could save lives in a situation like this? In your picture, you appear to do some hiking or exploring. What's in your backpack? How many times have you used every single thing in your backpack? Why take things hiking you won't use? I am sure you have things in your backpack that you hope to never have to use, but know if you did need it, it will be in there. So hopefully you can see that even if it was a tank, when saving lives it's never "overkill!"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join