It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Tragic.

Senseless and tragic.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Shooting started about 2:15pm at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. The gunman was described as a white male, 5 feet 8 inches tall, wearing a black pants and hat and a burgundy shirt. Shooter ID'ed as one Nicholas Cruz by other students, described as an ROTC cadet. ATF and FBI responding (i.e., Feds take over)

www.850wftl.com...
Live interview: Student just said "We already had a drill in the morning."
edit on 14-2-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
7kilo 1 is the unit who arrested and is with Nicholas Cruz. Homicide is on the way case number is 5883.

Stated investigators on the way. One with suspect.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Secondary house now surrounded and other officers responding.....

Possible second suspect involved.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Kids thinking this will fix things in their life. Since the shooter didn't kill himself, I suppose he will really learn things could have been worse in life. But then he could be a psychopath.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Shooting started about 2:15pm at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Shooter ID'ed as one Nicholas Cruz by other students, described as an ROTC cadet. ATF and FBI responding (i.e., Feds take over)

www.850wftl.com...
Live interview: Student just said "We already had a drill in the morning."

They had a fire drill. Can we keep one news story free of baseless "theories"?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: DBCowboy

Kids thinking this will fix things in their life. Since the shooter didn't kill himself, I suppose he will really learn things could have been worse in life. But then he could be a psychopath.

I hope I never know what a mass shooter thinks like. It's so outside the realm of normal thought that it's alien.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
They had a fire drill.

Can I get a source for that?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So any updates on the weapon used yet? How many injured?

This is another horrible act. Still waiting for the story to develop. But in the MSM I have already Heard them discussing gun laws in Florida and how it’s to lax. Still pushing for that gun control huh?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So me thinking that a tank is overkill automatically means I want the police to run in naked without guns and try to tackle the guy shooting at them? What kind of logic are you using? A tank is not necessary in this situation and is 100% overkill. You realize that this is how militarized police starts, right? First a tank here and a tank there, "oh it's no big deal, they have to be prepared", then full-blown Apache helicopters responding to almost anything with riot gear being normal.

There's absolutely no reason for a tank to be present. Do they plan on knocking down a few walls of the school to get to the guy? Why not just shoot a torpedo at the school instead? Shooting a tank shell around hundreds of kids sounds like a really smart idea. It's not like bricks fly in all directions when an explosion happens or anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
May God be with all of those affected. (except the shooter)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

A student said he wasn't sure if it was another fire drill as they has just had one earlier in the day.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: face23785
They had a fire drill.

Can I get a source for that?

I heard it on the live coverage.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They had a fire drill.
Soon after, the same alarm went off but a speaker(presumably vice pricnicpal) came over the PA and said “all students and teachers are required to exit immediately. This is not a drill. Evacuate.”
Students said they were hearing pops soon after as they ran around the exterior of the school...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Images of male in burgundy shirt being detained by police, shown by helicopter pilot on CNN.

Parent on LIVE interview stating his daughter saw multiple bodies on the floor and lots of blood.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It wasn't a tank, and they have a legitimate need for tactical vehicles. You're uninformed. And yeah, it does sound like you want them to be under-equipped. Start your own bleeding heart thread about how it's overkill for the police to have equipment that helps keep them alive and helps them save lives, I'm sure there's more than a few LEOs on here that will put you in your place.
edit on 14 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   
This may be speculation on his part but there was an unscheduled second alarm.

I would imagine this was told to him by his child.

A father said the man in the burgundy shirt pulled a fire alarm at the school and that caused students and teachers to come out of their classroom so he could start shooting.

wfla.com...

After the investigationd it might be verified or denied.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The way it sounded to me based on what a parent just said on CNN, someone had pulled the fire alarm, given a few minutes for people to get out in the hallway, then started shooting as people were exiting.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: face23785

So me thinking that a tank is overkill automatically means I want the police to run in naked without guns and try to tackle the guy shooting at them? What kind of logic are you using? A tank is not necessary in this situation and is 100% overkill. You realize that this is how militarized police starts, right? First a tank here and a tank there, "oh it's no big deal, they have to be prepared", then full-blown Apache helicopters responding to almost anything with riot gear being normal.

There's absolutely no reason for a tank to be present. Do they plan on knocking down a few walls of the school to get to the guy? Why not just shoot a torpedo at the school instead? Shooting a tank shell around hundreds of kids sounds like a really smart idea. It's not like bricks fly in all directions when an explosion happens or anything.

Do you actually know it was a tank or is that just what the media reported?
Could it have been an armored vehicle and some "awakened mind" added a bit of hyperbole by calling it a tank?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Looks like they have the suspect in custody. Reports are coming in that there are injured, and still clearing the buildings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join