It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The Broward County Sheriff's Office in Florida is responding to reports of a shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. There are reports of victims.
Aerial footage from CNN affiliate WSVN showed a number of people lying on the ground outside the school, being treated for injuries and moved to ambulances.
Dozens of police vehicles are on site, including one tank, along with a team of heavily armed law enforcement officers.

www.cnn.com...

Not much out yet.

Should be more soon.

very sad again

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office in Florida is responding to reports of a shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. There are reports of victims and authorities said the shooter is still at large.

Aerial footage from CNN affiliate WSVN showed a number of people lying on the ground outside the school, being treated for injuries and moved to ambulances.

Dozens of police vehicles are on site, including one tank, along with a team of heavily armed law enforcement officers.

Television station WSVN in the Miami area is reporting at least 20 people have been injured in the shooting.

fox5sandiego.com...

The news is saying police are evacuation the students. Shooter at large.
edit on 2/14/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They brought a freaking tank? Seems like overkill if you ask me. Do they plan on using it or something?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Saying over 2o some hurt - don't know if the shooter is down yet.

Said to be a nutball.

Also some saying a teacher may have died(?)

edit on 3735Wednesday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Per reports shooter still at large

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That was my first thought. A freaking TANK?!?!?!?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
They brought a freaking tank? Seems like overkill if you ask me. Do they plan on using it or something?

Hadn't seen a tank but I did see 3 bear cat's

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
News is saying the the shooter was outside shooting in and is still at large. Police setting up a perimeter.

Also said a fire alarm was tripped to get people outside. Not much know much about the alarm.

Early stuff so it could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Some students seems to be saying they know the shooter.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
a reply to: silo13

Per reports shooter still at large

Scanner says shooter on third floors near science labs

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What's the over/under on how many posts we get before some asshole claims it's a false flag because the police don't know everything yet?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Evacuating 40-50 Kids near building 800 now.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Low number aka chief or high ranking law enforcement just called on scanner for available units in the city and dispatch said 0. He was stunned, literally all units are responding city wide to shooting.

I’m scanning Broward County so this is Sheriff’s office. CraZy!!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

They bring tactical vehicles in case they have to move into a hot zone to take down the shooter or to get wounded people. No one knows what they're going to encounter at the scene, it's not a movie script. But yeah, they should just run in, no shields or armor either. Don't want the police looking too militarized, who cares how many of them die right?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

They bring tactical vehicles in case they have to move into a hot zone to take down the shooter or to get wounded people. No one knows what they're going to encounter at the scene, it's not a movie script. But yeah, they should just run in, no shields or armor either. Don't want the police looking too militarized, who cares how many of them die right?

EOD on scene several suspicious packages needing cleared

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Suspect detained now

Nicholas Cruz is the shooter

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just announced Nicholas Cruz is suspect and he is detained.

Just said suspect was on YouTube looking to build bombs. Believe two bombs still on school property

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
(As said by a father who came to pick up his daughter) There are people shot and dead in the hallway - and they showed these 'films' and 'pictures' to a (him) the parent on his (their) their phones?

I do not believe a word of that. Not one.

Edit to add The parent made it sound like the police sent him the photos/film.

Maybe it was a kid from the school (probably)...
edit on 1747Wednesday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
11135 nw something drive. Is their location

They are bringing witnesses to ID Nicholas CRuz.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: face23785

EOD on scene several suspicious packages needing cleared

Are they allowed to use robots or would that look too militarized? They should be disarming bombs by hand like it's the 1980s.

I know you're not suggesting this.

These reporters really are insufferable too. I just saw one interviewing a parent "How did you feel when you heard about the shooting at your child's school?" Do they even bother going to journalism school anymore? You could pull the janitor aside, give him a microphone and tell him to interview parents and that's the kind of question you'd get.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join