It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit bull attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mousse7714

Same thing happened too the boys Red Lab(Cooper). His girl was out walking the dog when two pits came from out of nowhere. The boys girlfriend was fighting to get the dogs off Cooper and one bit her. Then some neighbors came out to help. One neighbor was even beating one with a golf club. The owner drove up and called the dogs off. Anyway it cost 3500 dollars to get the Cooper fixed up. He got fixed up out of state. Didn't have right equipment around here. He was tore up pretty bad. The cops went to the owners house and she said she didn't know how they got out.
The boy and his girlfriend ended up taking the owner of the pits to small claims. They are still garnishing the wages form the owner. The pits have been put on some kind of list. I'm thinking they are on their last legs.
Cooper is doing well and turned out to be one hell of a bird dog.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Most shelters won’t even adopt out pits.. might try out the local pit rescue leagues..

If she is already aggressive , then unless some adult is willing to take on the semi full time job of training her. She is prob screwed

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That’s kinda the issue..

An average owner really wont do for the big aggressive dogs.. they can accidentally hurt people . Let alone when they go into fight mode.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The thing is, they don't have fight mode. They have clamp on mode. In that, once it starts the poor pitbdoggy is screwed. In a dog fight, it gets settled. With a pit, its all or nothing. Unfortunately for this one. Mmmm it's nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Put it down before someone gets injured or worse.
Pits can be great dogs, but the foul tempered ones should be removed from the gene pool.
Sorry if I sound harsh, but I have seen a toddler get half his face ripped off.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thank you, way too many outside of experienced people are ready to jump on the Breed Specific Legislation-like bandwagon.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If you are still looking for someone to take in the dog, I suggest michelesrescue.com... . In a situation like you've been in, it would be important to find out what triggered the attack. It could be that the dog is not people aggressive at all, but was resource guarding towards the other dogs. There are lots of people experienced in dog behavior that could figure it out. I do suggest that you are 100% honest about the dog attacking. Sometimes people don't mention it in hopes of not having the dog put down, but I've seen that lead to a death sentence in a dog that could have been helped under different circumstances. Also...weird tip...when all else fails and a dog will not let go...a finger in their butt usually makes them drop whatever they have.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Different breeds have different traits...

Sure a good owner can make a pit a dream, but even a kinda crappy owner can be dangerous..

A crappy owner of a chihuahua isn’t a life threatening situation..

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vivyinsect
If you are still looking for someone to take in the dog, I suggest michelesrescue.com... . In a situation like you've been in, it would be important to find out what triggered the attack. It could be that the dog is not people aggressive at all, but was resource guarding towards the other dogs. There are lots of people experienced in dog behavior that could figure it out. I do suggest that you are 100% honest about the dog attacking. Sometimes people don't mention it in hopes of not having the dog put down, but I've seen that lead to a death sentence in a dog that could have been helped under different circumstances. Also...weird tip...when all else fails and a dog will not let go...a finger in their butt usually makes them drop whatever they have.

Free running dogs seldom need triggers. They are in full prey mode. Yes, it's the owners fault...but this dog has already committed a violent act. And it only takes one more "oops" moment and someone's dog/cat/child is dead or severely mauled. Like I said, these dogs can cause massive amounts of damage. Not the dog's fault, but it is what it is...and that dog has a history of violence now. Yeah, it might be a wonderful family pet, but it also might turn out to be a dog with a further history of violence.

I believe that lenience in this particular case is tantamount to negligence and if the dog does commit another violent attack it could be contributory negligence. How would any of us feel if we were forgiving and sympathetic towards the dog today, only to see that same dog kill another dog or even a child tomorrow???

It's issues like this that made me train my dogs to NEVER NEVER NEVER touch their teeth to human skin and to ALWAYS supervise them.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I didn't know this until my wife and I were looking into home insurance. I don't know if this is common with all insurance companies, but some will increase home insurance liability costs depending upon what type of dog breed the family owns. The agent specifically mentioned pitbulls.

We used to take our golden to a doggie day care once a week. The owner told us they didn't accept pitbull breeds due to liability costs.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

You are right.....I will talk to in the morning. You have good reason.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I work in Veterinary, we'd rather have them evaluated by a behavioral expert then euthanized as the first option. It brings less headaches later on legal wise as well as emotional aspects of the case for the owner and the clinic staff.

Yup, there's no doubt about bad owners. Small dogs can still main and kill small pets and often hurt small children, despite not being outright(minus bleeding, etc) being able to kill.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
Yes, what I was mentioning, it's all part of Breed Specific Legislation. It's becoming more common especially what you're explaining. Prospective owner of a bully breed needs to prepare now days for these things.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: solve Pit Bulls are bred to lock on with there jaws and not let go- A 22 year old woman recently killed by her two pits in VA had raised them from puppies oh they were such sweet dogs. The sheriff got so tired of hearing from the victims friends how her dogs couldn't have done it that he released the information that when police found her the dogs were eating her rib cage! They have been bred to kill- Anyone bringing one of these dogs into their home is asking for trouble.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I would advise you to not take long to decide how to deal with this matter,before a child gets savaged to death.It is not the dog's fault that he is,as you say,not right in the head.But it is not the fault of potential victims either,you know.Too much of a risk.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

No, bringing a rattlesnake in to you home you are asking for trouble,

Bringing a pit in to you home is asking to be killed by kisses.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You beat one off...... lol

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I wonder if there is anyway to render a pit bull harmless, at least relative to their current state. Maybe a surgery to reduce the strength of their jaws? Or have some of their teeth yanked? Both ideas seem cruel, but so do the other options.

I love dogs so much, mine is my best friend, stories like this make me sad.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

What's it like to be a complete ignoramus? Are you aware that that's what is occurring or is it lost on you?

There's tribes all over the world that practice cannibalism. By your logic that makes all humans cannibals. I assume you also practice cannibalism based on this.

Do you see the problem in your idiotic, biased and uneducated thinking?

By the way, that "locking jaw" thing is an idiotic myth. But please. Continue to spew moronic crap.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

File a report.... the next one to get attacked might be a child and mother.

<< 1  2   >>

join