It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit bull attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Do you know what makes a good fighting dog?

The fact that it will not bite you, when you carry it away from the arena. Think about that for a second.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mousse7714

Michigan does not seem to be very conscious of animals. It kinda sucks. Its just kill kill kill

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I am also prepared to kill anything (that is not on a leash) that attacks me or my dog,

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Huh? So that means this is a bad dog. Right?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thank you

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Only if you would understand that the world is bigger than the Trumpland...

In Europe, the problem is drunks with golden retrievers and german shepherds. They can and will rip your arm right off from the wrist.

All dogs have the potential to be dangerous, if they have bad owners.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No. These are the neighbors dogs. I am trying to help her find resources. I could be a Dick and call the animal control, but I feel there has to be a better way

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes, i am tired of wrestling with free roaming dogs, if it its causing me or my property harm, its gone.

i Almost got killed by an american akita, then i decided enough is enough.
edit on 13-2-2018 by solve because: (no reason given)

-Edit, i am glad you or you dog did not die, and it sucks that there are off lead, or homeless dogs roaming about. it is not right, no matter what the breed.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

I did. The one ran off. The other is on three legs and a swollen bloody face. ....don't # with me and my dog.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was going to make a real comment. I really was. It was, however, pure hatred and so I deleted and decided to go this route instead.

I really pity some of you asshats. You'll never know what an amazingly loyal and loving breed pits are, as well as Staffordshires and all of the other "pit bull type breeds" out of sheer ignorance and buying into sensationalist bs on the evening news.

As for the op, I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for what you're attempting to do but if you don't know the origin of the dogs or their history, I agree that it should most likely be put down. A neighbor of mine had a rescued guard/attack pit. It was supposed to have been rehabilitated. Based on the attack on my pits and nearly my daughter, I found that to be untrue and was forced to put it down myself. It was an awful experience for everyone involved but sometimes it has to be done one way or another.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mousse7714
a reply to: Gothmog

No. These are the neighbors dogs. I am trying to help her find resources. I could be a Dick and call the animal control, but I feel there has to be a better way

So , I did misunderstand
Thanks for clearing that up
There are no-kill shelters (at least in Georgia) . Hopefully in your area also.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

Wise words

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Was watching my brother's house while he was away and it's 99% the owners fault.

He has a German shepherd mix(male unneutered), two Chihuahuas(females unneutered), a blue nose pit(female rescue neutered), a Cane Corso(male unneutered), and a Dachshund(female neutered). His property is fenced but with holes here and there.
The dogs are fed from a single bag of food, they have full range of the property(8 acres) and are constantly barking and running up on anything that makes noise.

I informed him of the dangers but he scoffed it off.

Well sure enough, the neighbor was walking her pit bull mix near the left fence and his pit bull, Cane Corso, and German shepherd mix rushed her dog and went to work! It was incredibly savage and terrifying! The little dog barked and instigated it further. The owners husband came running over with a 2x4 and beat the dogs off and called animal control. The victim dog suffered a torn open abdomen and $1,300 later the dogs are still there..fences still compromised, and no training.

Yes, my brother is big hearted idiot. Just a matter of time before he's sued or the dogs are destroyed.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Yes i have laughed at those statistics many times, have you seen the one with chihuahua on the top non fatal? And many other breeds too are in the top fatal bites list, it depends where you are.

But you know what should be the winner?

The Drug using drunk hypoallergenic SkinApe.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Was watching my brother's house while he was away and it's 99% the owners fault.

He has a German shepherd mix(male unneutered), two Chihuahuas(females unneutered), a blue nose pit(female rescue neutered), a Cane Corso(male unneutered), and a Dachshund(female neutered). His property is fenced but with holes here and there.
The dogs are fed from a single bag of food, they have full range of the property(8 acres) and are constantly barking and running up on anything that makes noise.

I informed him of the dangers but he scoffed it off.

Well sure enough, the neighbor was walking her pit bull mix near the left fence and his pit bull, Cane Corso, and German shepherd mix rushed her dog and went to work! It was incredibly savage and terrifying! The little dog barked and instigated it further. The owners husband came running over with a 2x4 and beat the dogs off and called animal control. The victim dog suffered a torn open abdomen and $1,300 later the dogs are still there..fences still compromised, and no training.

Yes, my brother is big hearted idiot. Just a matter of time before he's sued or the dogs are destroyed.

This right here is a prime example of the prized but dangerous SkinApe breed.

And the dogs being put down, or being sued is not the worst thing that could happen, i am the worst thing that could happen!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That Pit needs to die of lead poisoning .

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

She needs to be put to sleep humanely. Safely . sadly though that needle burns like hell. I think a quick bullet to the head is the fastest and painless.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Whatever you do, do not look at the website one poster recommended (dogbite). That website if pure garbage and full of lies and made up statistics. The website's owner is reviled for being a nasty, lying, bullying POS. No one in the animal welfare community would take one word he says seriously. Just say "No" to that garbage dump.

Good luck with trying to find a shelter or rehabber to help with the dog. Mike Vick's dogs were rehabilitated and many became service dogs.

Pitties are most loyal and loving dogs around. I just love them and it's sad they get a bad rap from jerks like the man from dogbite and his fanatical troll army of pit haters.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The majority of pits we have met are super sweet. Like a combo of lab and boxer. Its the idiot "owners" who are the problem. This is the sixth dog who attacked us, eight overAll attacks. The pitbull is not for beginners. Yet it seems mostly beginners have them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join