It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town settles with police officer who got fired for NOT shooting distraught (S)-suspect.. $175k

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What happens when the cop doesn't just grab His gadget and start shooting? He gets fired! (pun intended)..

Being retired from "The Job" this doesn't even make sense, there has to be more to this then what is revealed here? I remember when working Dope, We had done a Search Warrant and after breaching the front door after giving the required 'Knock & Notice' this is when the cops have to announce their presence e.g. POLICE SEARCH WARRANT!!! You know to provide the 'actors' ample time to either destroy evidence or grab their gadgets, I took the ram to the car while the residence was being cleared.. After being given the 'All Clear' I opened a closet and there is a .38 revolver pointed right at My chest, type about a "scare", anyways there were guns everywhere but once Our eyes met, the gun came down and everything was 'okay' I can't imagine getting reamed for NOT shooting someone??

If this continues, the only folks that'll sign-up for TheJob are dolts/cyborgs Is that what We want? I mean come on.. I started when there was nobody taking up, who do We want to govern Us? It ALREADY happens that the majority of those being promoted were 'slugs' when they were on the streets and instead of handling their Beats they're studying for advancement to run things..

www.msn.com... ct/ar-BBJ2ASY?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Link is no Bueno.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Ummm...your link...linked to the MSN home page...not the article...

That being said...that is strange...at this point I would need to find out more about this situation before forming an opinion...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
As noted, your link is broken. I did a quick and dirty search and found a CNN article detailing the incident: Cop fired for not shooting distraught suspect

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wow this little snippet just about somes up the massive issue with policing in the USA, either shoot someone just like Judge Dredd or face the sack, so glad guns are not the goto response in the UK. The police are meant to provide a service not be Judge, jury and executioner

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

From what I read his colleges didn't hesitate to finish the job. Such a shame

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: alexpmi

thats what they are trained to do; shoot first and ask questions last (not after evidence is planted first though
)

academy rule 1: assume everything is out to kill you, dogs, cats squirrel (yes squirrel, google gun cop squirrel usa) disabled, all minorities (non-white), then finally actual threats.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I understand that, but being European I can't relate to that AT ALL. Though usually wimpy police practices applied over here neither cut it. Not blaming the officers, but the system, in both cases.

I wonder if Dutertes alleged new orders kind of making into training standards somehow, as Donnie seems to think he is doing a good job in general, purging the baddies in the Phillipines

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Lead Counsel Timothy O'Brien puts it good enough for me:

Timothy O'Brien, lead counsel in the lawsuit, said he's pleased Mader's case has been resolved.

"No police officer should ever lose their job — or have their name dragged through the mud — for choosing to talk to, rather than shoot, a fellow citizen," he said. "His decision to attempt to de-escalate the situation should have been praised, not punished. Simply put, no police officer should ever feel forced to take a life unnecessarily to save his career."

We are supposed to be training these individuals to be able to assess such a situation in the way that Mr. Mader did. Granted, the story cites a few other issues, and alludes to the fact that he may have been on a probationary status at the time of his firing (which they say took all issues into account), but I find it hard, at least in the information provided in the story, so see where Mr. Mader failed either the individual (who seems to have been seeking out suicide-by-cop), the city, the police department, or himself in that particular situation.

And for those having trouble with the link, here it is: msn.com.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I once got passed over for a Sheriff's Dept. because I was 'too pragmatic' .. It'll be like when I started, nobody signing up to do the job and then You get local neighborhoods who get policed by cops that aren't familiar with the different cultures and ways. Its My belief that inner city issues would be less severe if the people policing that area were 'local'

And if He squeezes off, the department would use the same excuse 'On Probation' to fire Him when the riots start and We are typing about West Virginia where they got some 'shooting boys'..

It is just too bad that guys like this get drummed out while there are cops that violate rights AND lefts but pull in the Felony stats. Lets not discount also the proliferation of Private Jails/Prisons so some of these more rural areas will make all kind of '# busts' but they go down as Felony pops (Felony pops = Federal $$$) and whomever from the agency reading these is shaking their head in the affirmative as they read this..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Getting fired for not killing, what a world(or USA in particular). Sounds like that PD needs a scrubbing.

Sorry to hear. Sadly, I think that's the point, move aside the genuinely good people, honest and moral so the psychopaths can control it. It's an easier for corruption if they want to play those games.
edit on 13-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
how stupid!
if the gun had been loaded.
and he had pulled his gun to shoot him.
guess who would be dead?

new topics

top topics

join