It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More killer robots from B.D.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

You can just run away.

Wait...

As long as you're faster than the guy next to you...

Wait...

Not sure that would work either.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yes, combined locomotion techniques along with machine learning are going to give us robot ninja death spiders sooner than I think most of us would like.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

Yes, combined locomotion techniques along with machine learning are going to give us robot ninja death spiders sooner than I think most of us would like.

yep, here's a deal to watch out for...

the biblical locusts in the end era....that are released by somebody that have a sting worse than a scorpion.....quadcopters in miniature with lasers strapped to their friggin heads.....he....he

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

So you're saying I probably shouldn't be working on my optionally manned "gun carriage"/tripod then?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

I think it would do a far better job than a rover on wheels for remote exploration of another planet...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

A problem of a robot like that in a mission on Mars, for example, would be how fast it exhausts the battery.

Trying to keep balance is a waste of energy when a wheeled rover just has to stay where it stops.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

These robots will be crazy when equipped with A.I.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumfunction

These robots will be crazy when equipped with A.I.

Something like Google Duplex

"a new technology for conducting natural conversations to carry out “real world” tasks over the phone. The technology is directed towards completing specific tasks, such as scheduling certain types of appointments. For such tasks, the system makes the conversational experience as natural as possible, allowing people to speak normally, like they would to another person, without having to adapt to a machine."

AI moving closer to copying humans

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join