It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's portraits unveiled

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: artnut
I agree with you that Michelle's portrait looks like an under-painting.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Apparently, President Obama's artist likes to paint black women holding the heads of decapitated white women. Racist POS.

truepundit.com...

Did Obama actually select this artist to paint him?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Both Obama's selected their artists, as I understand it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Both Obama's selected their artists, as I understand it.

Outrageous. Cannot say I am surprised though. He's an incredibly smug man that talks to adult men and women like they are beneath him.

F- him.

edit on 2/12/2018 by MotherMayEye because: changed 'children' to 'beneath him.'

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: nfflhome
Artist behind Obama portraits has history of depicting white female decapitation.

theralphretort.com...

Im stunned. Cant imagine this is not being reported.

Wow! I am so glad he did not do Michelle's portrait! He may have done a closer likeness for sure but those paintings are super creepy and extreme! Why would someone want to have their presidential portrait done by an artist like this. It is eerie!

Do you remember who the Obamas' pastor used to be?

Jeremiah Wright, a racist hatemongering pastor along the lines of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Obama officially distanced himself from Wright after it became an issue during the 2008 election. But they never did find another church after that.
edit on 12-2-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Bluntone22

Those are heinous....and they forgot Michael's penis....

What is that? Simply wishful thinking?
Show some class, fer Christ's sake!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Link

If ANYONE had a picture commissioned, who was white, by a white artist who painted pictures of headless black men/women it would be an international incident in todays climate. It is a statement.

Showing that they associate themselves with such radicals, to paint a historic picture, shows NO class at all.

Hell, they should have had GW paint them...he would have done a better job!
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-12T15:21:47-06:000347 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Screw the Obamas.

I am tired of letting their aggressions stand.

Barack Obama needs to grow the heII up. Neither of them have any class. They're both total a-holes.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Show class? Something neither ever had. Ever. Glad her picture looks like a 9th grade art project.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Clearly, Obama reviewed the artist's portfolio. He chose him on purpose and despite the violent hate towards white women that he depicts in his art.

I mean, I do actually like the artist's work. But he is not a fit artist to paint an official U.S. presidential portrait.

edit on 2/12/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: FamCore

I gotta agree, that background is just weird.
But at least it looks like him.

All I have to say is that with the stereotypes surrounding African Americans and jungles, I am glad the artist is African American so no is thinking along those lines. Otherwise, the predictable yell would be "They put the black man in the jungle! That's racist!"

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Of course he did. He probably owns a few pieces too. The artist had a coo style and a certain flair and personal signature that shows he likes Dali-esque painting with realism.
It is not about that. It is about the message.

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-12T15:36:22-06:000322 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is actually what came to my mind when I saw it:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'd have gone with something a bit more presidential...but if he's happy with it, I really don't care. Hmmm...if he were unhappy with it, I really don't care. I guess I really don't care. It looks like him.

The one with Mrs. Obama, on the otherhand, did someone use a paint by number kit?? 'cause, damn, that's not good.

But in the end, I don't care enough to further opine.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: FamCore

No FamCore, that is more like an expression of the artists particular style. According to the article, the artist who did Mr Obama's portrait is known for putting subjects in amongst crazily colourful, bold backgrounds.

Shouldnt someone have told the artist that they were painting a US President though ? And not something for a backwoods flower show ?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Need to replace Trump's face with mine. I think I hold the world's record.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Obama's choice of the artist that drew their portraits is all I need to know about what he is as a person. Effing scumbags is all I have to say on the Obamas.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Can you imagine the outrage if Trump were to select a white artist that painted works depicting white men looking empowered and indignant while cutting off the heads of black men?

That would infuriate me...except now Obama did that first so I don't care if he does.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My first though when I looked at Barack's portrait ? Reminded me the first time I set my son on his little potty chair.
Sorry , but it did.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hahahaha...yes, it would go both ways but this just shows the trash they are.

For his part, Obama claimed that "what I was always struck by when I saw [Wiley's] portraits was the degree to which they challenged our ideas of power and privilege."

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-12T15:58:07-06:000307 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join