It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story of Oliberte shoes-Africa's Only Modern Shoe Manufacturer-Fair Trade- Well paid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
From the video.
Oliberte is an African footwear company making shoes, paying people well and taking care of them. While using the best materials on Earth.

After learning about this company, I feel this is the way to break the poverty that has been put upon Africa by corrupt Govt and out of country influences.
There is only one reason Africa is poor, corruption. It is a natural resource power house with the population to make things happen. Perhaps this shoe company is the way to level what is becoming an untenable wealth gap that is showing it's ugly head all over the world.
The shoes offerings are a mix of nontraditional and traditional with the good looks to satisfy any hipster neck beard or Gen X loaner. And they supposedly take care of the workers and are sustainable with a cost that isn't out of the norm. I would rather give my Dollars or Crypto (when and if that happens) to a company that allows workers to prosper with the company.

And this is the founder, Tal Dehtiar, going in front Canada's version of Shark tank in 2011, Dragons Den. They refused to fund because of cheap cheap labor (China) and the cost of paying workers is too high.
Tal does not want to be a cheap labor exploiter and will pass if that is what is needed to be successful. Oliberte is trying to change the labor market in Africa, working with the different countries to push wages UP.

2018 and Oliberte is still here.

edit on 12-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good story. If we looked at business this way, everyone would benefit, not just shareholders and owners.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Good story. If we looked at business this way, everyone would benefit, not just shareholders and owners.

The video of Shark tank or Dragon's Den as it is called in Canada, tells the real story of our present broken system of mock capitalism in 95% of shoe making is a head hunting expedition.

There is plenty of money in the system, but it is not being shared with the people with their names on their shirt.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They have a pair of boat shoes that look pretty nice....don't know if I can get away with spending 135.00 but for a good pair that's the going rate...had my other pair for 5 years...I may consider this..thanks

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

(ebay)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Worth the money to buy good shoes,to fit my foot properly I need special made shoes,as my foot has extra large instep and my foot is 13 in by 6 in wide,I wear Nikes or extra wide shoes,the sides rip,but for dress shoes cost like 600.00,so I avoid dressing up as I have like 3 pair,but not in style, but then again I'm no slave to fashion

top topics

join