It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the media prepping us for another Waco type scenario?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Over the last couple of months, I have noticed a preoccupation with the Waco tragedy. In January, A&E had a two part documentary on Waco. It was titled Waco: Madman or Messiah? Currently there's a six episode series about Waco.

I guess why this event is so huge to me is because I was acquainted with David Koresh and some of his followers. I didn't know him or anyone who followed him well, but I had encountered him and a handful of his followers a couple of times, and I know some of his relatives. It was also my "awakening" event. It was the event that caused me to begin questioning what was going on not only in my country, but in our world.

Anyway, I got to thinking, and I have to wonder if there is something going on that we haven't yet heard about centered around some religious or "cult" group. Maybe I am jumping the proverbial "gun," but it just seems odd that they would be bringing this twenty-five year old event back into the limelight.

What do you think? Is it possible that we're being prepped for yet another event that makes people question just how far our government will go to quell resistance within our country?
edit on 11-2-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Well the siege took place between Feb 28 and April 19, 1993... so we are coming up on those dates... and it's the 25th anniversary.... I mean that's a recipe for bringing any event back into the mix...

edit on 11-2-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Never forget it, the local sheriff told the Feds if the wanted David he’d just call him. Feds wanted to play soldiers that day, bit off more then they could chew. Tears ran down my face that day, the day I never would trust my government again. Don’t forget Ruby Ridge massacre!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
They just wanted to show off in front of the UK Special Services Team that was on an observational visit.
a reply to: WUNK22

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You raise a good point. But whom would be prepping us?

Perhaps the good guys behind A&E are following the current events involving the FBI's ineptitude, and wanted to point out Waco as another example of the FBI abusing power.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

as you pointed out yourself - its 25 years ago - " 25th aniversaries of events " do get regurgitated all the time

it really is that simple

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

they were singulary unimpressed - i have read one of the " lessons learned " dossiers - that just dealt with the assault // day one

it is pretty brutal in its assesment of how the attempts to serve the warrants was exceuted

and no its not a " benefit of 20/20 hindsight " critique

i never got to read the full report on the entire thing - but i am told - that the americans that got a copy didnt like it

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah , I heard much the same thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I recently read a memoir by an old SAS trooper who is a family friend and was rather shocked to see reference to Waco in there, specifically the involvement of members of 22 reg.

The whole story was pretty bizarre, but that bit made me perk up some as I hadn't heard that angle before.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Never forget it, the local sheriff told the Feds if the wanted David he’d just call him. Feds wanted to play soldiers that day, bit off more then they could chew. Tears ran down my face that day, the day I never would trust my government again. Don’t forget Ruby Ridge massacre!

Unless the governmental propaganda does a better job.. It might be harder to pull off a Waco or a Ruby ridge type event today. Those two events were the best recruitment for the milita's and other groups who believe they will stand up to the heavy hand of a rogue element of government and not let it happen again..

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

Or Wounded Knee...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They were a gang of murderous scum.
Curses upon them.
There is a special room in Hell for Janet Reno.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Over the last couple of months, I have noticed a preoccupation with the Waco tragedy. In January, A&E had a two part documentary on Waco. It was titled Waco: Madman or Messiah? Currently there's a six episode series about Waco.

They always do this when the state needs to cover its tracks.They wait for a couple decades then make a final rewrite to history and leave it lay.

Many peoples only experience with or knowledge of events will be that 'false' narrative. Once initiated, they can argue the evil Karesh talking points to diffuse the truth.

Like will happen right here.

Watch...

edit on 12-2-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
They were a gang of murderous scum.
Curses upon them.
There is a special room in Hell for Janet Reno.

Reno was a minion, too.

Consider that just about every gubment standoff ends in a raging, hideous inferno...

SLA, MOVE, Waco, WWII, Iraq, Libya, Syria... its not just the 'political piggy' appointees that are culpable.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It might be harder to pull off a Waco or a Ruby ridge type event today.

I wish I could agree. I think LaVoy Finicum's cold blooded slaughter and the continuing persecution of the Bundys et al says otherwise. I guess we won't know until all the legalities and court cases and appeals play out, but they are definitely still trying to get away with this same crap.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

When I worked for Fox 44 in Waco, my boss told me that he worked the story and that he knew for a fact that the ATF could have arrested Koresh at a pub in the mall the night before the raid. He truly believed that the ATF was trying to make a "statement" and they chose the wrong people to mess with.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, as a general rule, anytime the topic of Waco comes up people regurgitate the same unfounded accusations that have been hurled from the beginning. The only thing that was confirmed about David Koresh and the Branch Davidians is that they had automatic weapons.

Child abuse? CPS never found any evidence of it. Methamphetamine lab? Turned out that was the neighbors down the road. Sex with underage girls? A fourteen year old could get married with parental consent during this time period in the state of Texas. The Branch Davidians shot first? Is that why the video taken by the ATF's own camera man disappeared along with the front door to the compound that unrevealed ATF agents said would prove that only shots from the outside of the compound were fired initially?

There's just a lot of accusations and questions about the whole event that seems odd.

edit on 12-2-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If you're on the wrong side of "PC" and "opinion" of the/that day? You could be on a "bad bronco" and feel the "weight" of "law". Then you have to think about a bunch of "want to be",... "battle proven",.. "LEO's", needing a "validation" to "justify" their "paychecks"...OP. Of course they are. Every F'n leo there, on that day, should've faced a "trial". Same with the Ruby Ridge LEO's! But it didn't happen, did it? The "news media" already "judged" them. You will be told what to think, when to think and how to think. Don't ask questions. Questions lead to non-belief. Non-belief leads to questions. Questions lead to non-PC thought. Non-pc thought leads to non-belief, .... I'll let you draw the circle. If I was you OP? I'd take the info, judge it in your own MIND (because that's where right and wrong) begins. ... Then I'd decide, what's worth dying or living for? In the end? They're both the same. Our "leaders" have made a professional study out of deflecting evil with a worse evil. Then winding you up with "bling" to make you agree. It's an old story. Thousands of years old. The "threat", "is over there"! The threat is actually a couple hundred yards away, and easily delt with, to a "free person". But they need you to justify them "keeping you safe". Read American History. That's not how we did it.
edit on 12-2-2018 by murphy22 because: to add...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Yeah, it has been that way for a long time. It's not even as bad recently as it has been in the past. I can remember back twenty years ago when if you had any questions at all, you had best just keep them to yourself. At least nowadays, if you get attacked for questioning the "official" line there's at least some who will defend your questioning it. It wasn't always the case that happened.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I noticed there's been a massive onslaught of mainstream obsession in conspiracy recently. All over. The movie about Gary Webb and 9/11 docs, MSN article about black triangles and # like that. And its exactly what I expected would happen. The soft victory is coming.

Thing about Waco that intrigued the most was that dude who was a Clinton bodyguard entering the window first and immediately his comrade behind him opens fire, and he dies... seemed suspicious to me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join