It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science, Enlightenment, and going Nuts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

How does pushing a toxic, insane, human-created,
does-not-even-exist form of deity supposed to make
things better?

And using various psychological and writing ploys
to grease the skids, before dropping that tired old
lie/turd on people.. how does that make the world
a better place?

Kev

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

try actually addressing what i wrote . not your own fantasies

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Never expected an 'ignorant ape' AKA 'skeptic with an attitude' to be able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

All rhetoric aside, asking someone with experience doing what you just described might make a bit more sense...

If facts appear to you to be toxic, insane, psychological ploys, and tired old lies my guess is that ONE of us has lost all touch with reality.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Go stand in the middle of the highway and see if trucks exist without being observed.

It won't work because everything around the truck that is conscious in some way, even the bacteria floating around in the air, have their own reality bubbles that holographically intertwine and intersect. That being said, if a person gets hit by the truck and is killed, destroying the reality bubble created by their perceptions, then the truck will no longer exist for them, along with everything else in the universe.

Again, the question is, "Is there an objective reality?"

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'm pretty sure the tree in the back yard is still there when I'm sleeping.
Who's looking at it when it clogs my gutters with leaves?
Is it possible that some scientific theories are stupid?
I say maybe, leaning towards "yes" on this one.

Same person that looks at it when your toilet clogs.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am in the camp that everything.. I mean EVERYTHING is conscious energy on some level. Including the atoms which make your phone or the grass and the trees. They do exist and are always there unless somthing else "conscious" changes its energy form and consiousness. Grass grows. Trees and grass are conscious but only percieve a small amount of energy/consiousness data points. Where as humans are much more conscious and we can calculate many more data points / energy and consiousness and we affect consiousness as a whole much more than a tree or a plant. So in my mind reality is real and is always there. But we co create as does everything in existance. From The consiousness of the photon to the consiousness of a tree, snail, dog or us. A higher more evolved consiousness has a bigger influance on other conscious objects/plants/other living things. Everything is conscious energy. Even our bodys which our consiousness experiences this realityis made up of smaller consious processes.

HOPE THAT MADE SENSE from a guy pondering these crazy thought for decades 👍

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think you may be trying to understand this concept from your mind, when it is your mind that is infact keeping you from understanding. The mind is limited by many, many variables. Surrender yourself and your answer will become obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join