It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot "Throwing a Tree" in Youtube video, Alberta Canada. Uploaded Jan 19th 2018

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Filmed by an oil crew working in the Alberta woods, this fascinating video, uploaded to youtube by ThinkerThunker also contains a fairly good analysis of the footage.

The footage itself clearly shows a large dark-colored creature using ONE ARM to launch a fairly hefty tree about 40 feet through the air from a stationary starting position!
The tree looks to be about 4 times the length of the visible part of the creatures torso, so it is likely to be around 12 feet long and weighing an estimated 50-100lbs!

So many "bigfoot" videos just show a blurry blobsquatch, broken branches, indistinct footprints etc but this one shows "something" out in the woods tossing an obviously substantial tree, a large distance with one arm.

Very interesting IMHO and difficult to explain what else it could be?

Edit to add:
Here is the Direct Link if the embed doesn't work properly:
LINK to Youtube Video

Thoughts please.
G
edit on 10-2-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: Wanted to add link

edit on 10-2-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: Fix error

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Harper? jk I don't know I can't view the video.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No video ? ....a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Sorry - The owner seems to have removed "playback on other sites" access.
I will add a direct link to the OP.

Thanks for letting me know!

G

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Ignore me, can't watch the video just want to read. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Did you see all the other "bigfoot" videos on his channel ?

Click bait ... mate. 😁

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hi D,
Yeah, I think he receives videos from loads of other sources and tries to analyse them.
Most are blurry blobsquatch.... blah blah blah
But I think that this one shows something MUCH more interesting and difficult to dismiss.

How would you explain what's in the video?

G

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

edit on 10-2-2018 by brokenghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I agree that this vid is different and not easily explained away.

Have another look at the still blurry yet more defined vid. You will notice a brief moment when the "arm" seems to lay flat on the ground.

Not saying it was a catapult, just that it looked odd.

The other issue is its brevity. If I were filming such a find, you would be bored with the commentary and the filming of said sasquatch continuing long after the enigma had left the general area.

Or, it is bigfoot.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Interesting that he showed the guys throwing at Highland Games but didn't show log throwing...

My ex was a Highland Dancer (she was better than the video)

so I went to a few of these things. They can chuck a pretty big log pretty far.

I can't tell how big the log is, I can't see where it contacts the ground, or if it does. May have set something up where a guy puts the thing in a launcher type deal.

ETA: Highland dancing makes my feet hurt. They do it all on the balls of their feet.

I think it's actually considered one of the most difficult forms of dance, but it's been awhile.
edit on 1020180220181 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It looks like a blob throwing a stick. Too grainy to make anything out.
Now that's out of the way.

I always click on these videos hoping for something clear and confirming. But again, it's the same old videos that pop up again and again. I don't like the word click-bait. But for me that's all this is.

Why do these videos always stop at the most important part? Where is the rest of it?

I would love to believe this is genuine and I hold out hope that it is. I just can't see it right now.

I love it that people are still searching though.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Hi D,

I'm sorry, but if I ask myself the question:
"Does this footage more resemble a large dark biological creature throwing a tree with one arm or a mechanical catapult/machine throwing a tree?"
I'd have to go with biological creature. IMHO

Just the way it rises slightly as it starts to pull its arm forward, then dips at the end of the swing.
That's exactly what I'd expect a big strong athlete to do, but not a catapult.
(A catapult would either be anchored completely stable (and stationary), or it would dip slightly at the start of the swing as the upwards force was applied to the "arm" to raise the tree. I can't think why a catapult would rise up the way at the start of a swing?

Why would they set up a catapult to do that? Is there a use for that in the woods? or in construction/oil?
Or are you thinking just to set up a bigfoot hoax video?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Hoax video for paid clicks.
Hence the vid being disabled here.

Mate the cgi available now is epic. You would need raw 'exif' data to go on. ( exif ? Not sure if that is the data file )

Why so short a vid ?

Ed: It could well be a manipulated image from a king kong movie.
edit on 10-2-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I hear ya on the click-bait thing, but that doesn't on its own make this a hoax IMHO.

CGI when done well can indeed be epic! But this doesn't "feel" like that to me, and I see no evidence of it (unusual white or black edges to the object, different pixel sizes when zoomed in etc)

It's not possible for me to say why the video is short but I'd guess that the crew had heard/seen something and the guy with the phone switches his phone on to take video (whilst it's pointed down at the ground) then quickly raises it just as the tree is launched? The "Creature" quickly slinks back down into the cover and disappears? Guy quickly stops filming to take at look and see if he "got" anything? Something along those lines seems reasonable?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I am limited to a galaxy S8 for now. 😣

Would be good to view on a big monitor with image enhancement software.

Could it be real? Yes.

Am I convinced with my limited tech.? Not at this stage.

Gut says fake click bait.

Gut also says Gordi is a good bloke , coming from a good place !

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Lol !

Writers forum...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Judging by the silver Birch in the background that hardly looks to be a tree being thrown, more like a sapling.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
He ripped the tree out of the ground with one arm,then flicked it 120 ft,try tearing a tree out of the ground,you can't

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Interesting that he showed the guys throwing at Highland Games but didn't show log throwing...

Hi Domo,

The Highland games log throwing is called "Caber Tossing" and it is included in the video (at 9:16).
The narrator discusses the movement / momentum of the Caber tosser, comparing/contrasting it to the stationary "tree" thrower in the video clip under discussion.

regards,
G

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join