It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Spies Paid $100,000 to Russian Who Wanted to Sell Material on Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Crazy story involving the CIA, the NSA, a sneaky Russian, Trump, et. al.

Some excerpts:

After months of secret negotiations, a shadowy Russian bilked American spies out of $100,000 last year, promising to deliver stolen National Security Agency cyberweapons in a deal that he insisted would also include compromising material on President Trump, according to American and European intelligence officials.

The N.S.A. even used its official Twitter account nearly a dozen times to send coded messages to the Russian.

The Russian claimed to have access to a staggering collection of secrets that included everything from the computer code for the cyberweapons stolen from the N.S.A. and C.I.A. to what he said was a video of Mr. Trump consorting with prostitutes in a Moscow hotel room in 2013, according to American and European officials and the Russian, who agreed to be interviewed in Germany on the condition of anonymity. There remains no evidence that such a video exists.

Several American intelligence officials said they made clear that they did not want the Trump material from the Russian — who was suspected of having murky ties to Russian intelligence and to Eastern European cybercriminals. He claimed the information would link the president and his associates to Russia. But instead of providing the hacking tools, the Russian produced unverified and possibly fabricated information involving Mr. Trump and others, including bank records, emails and purported Russian intelligence data.

American Spies Paid $100,000 to Russian Who Wanted to Sell Material on Trump

This is a story to keep your eye on.
edit on 9-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It seems that top level people at the FBI were frothing at the mouth t get anything on Trump.

Remember Schumer telling trump that the intel community would find ways to get him?

Well apparently he wasnt kidding.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
New York Times getting into the 007 stories now.

😎😀

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You have to subscribe to the New York Times to see the article you linked to. I'm not a subscriber.

Obama and Hillary sure were desperate, leading up to the election, weren't they. It's got to be hard to admit that you're a horrible Presidential candidate. (Hillary's defending of herself continues to this day.)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Open up an incognito browser and paste the link there.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I wonder if Strzok and Page discussed this too in their texting?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Damn, they were like earsty crack heads with this stuff. I wonder how else our enemies have been exploiting this glaring weakness.

edit on 2 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: carewemust

Open up an incognito browser and paste the link there.

Done. Opened fine in Firefox. I wonder why? Thanks!

link   
fake news... oh wait .

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I wonder if Strzok and Page discussed this too in their texting?

Oh...I see it was Obama's CIA and NSA. They're above Strzok/Page's pay grade.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Russian scammer duped American spies into paying $100,000 for bogus intelligence on Trump

Would be a better title.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I haven't read the NYT article yet but I just finished reading one from James Risen at The Intercept. And it doesn't appear there is any involvement of the FBI or DOJ. It's the NSA and CIA.

The Intercept - U.S. Secretly Negotiated With Russians to Buy Stolen NSA Documents — and the Russians Offered Trump-Related Material, Too

It also doesn't sound like they wanted to touch the Trump-related material based on Risen's sources. Risen if you'll remember is the Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist (his Pulitzer was for uncovering an NSA surveillance program) who was targeted by both the Bush and Obama administrations.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Really worries me how easily the FBI and CIA get played by people. Used to be able to count on them to provide acurate information now not so much. If they want dirt on Trump just transfer 1 million into a Swiss account and I'll be happy to supply it for them. Idiots

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I haven't read the NYT article yet but I just finished reading one from James Risen at The Intercept. And it doesn't appear there is any involvement of the FBI or DOJ. It's the NSA and CIA.

The Intercept - U.S. Secretly Negotiated With Russians to Buy Stolen NSA Documents — and the Russians Offered Trump-Related Material, Too

It also doesn't sound like they wanted to touch the Trump-related material based on Risen's sources. Risen if you'll remember is the Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist (his Pulitzer was for uncovering an NSA surveillance program) who was targeted by both the Bush and Obama administrations.

They say the same thing in the NYT article. They were after hacking tools.
edit on 9-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The hacking tools angle doesn't seem plausible, $100,000 seriously?

Imagine what those "tools" would be worth to professional hackers.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This was the info that was in or "reported to be in" the dossier. So they kept trying to purchase the tapes and couldn't ever get them so they included it Anyway?

Or...this could be a disinfo plan by those darn Russians...the masterminds making everyone now think tapes of the incident never existed.

Or maybe they do have tapes but didn't ever release them because they were colluding to get Trump elected? Will we ever know?

To golden shower or not to...this is the question
Trump swears he's way too much of a germaphobe.

www.google.ca...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
People acting like this is new... the emperor's clothes have been removed

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

It seems that top level people at the FBI were frothing at the mouth t get anything on Trump.

Remember Schumer telling trump that the intel community would find ways to get him?

Well apparently he wasnt kidding.

The desperation of the intelligence agencies to dig up any dirt on Trump is very concerning. I guess we just only had a glimpse of what is still to come. Makes you wonder what vile stuff will be uncovered next? Assassinations,torture,human trafficking and so forth is currently all on the table. I guess the POTUS has access to information that is incomprehensible for us and some people want to keep it a secret. I'm still convinced that Trump is not one of "them."

I kinda wish Trump would go nuclear and just make everything public. Our real "human" history,UFO's,alien visitation,Antarctica,hidden space programs and so forth. The vast amount of hidden information concerns the whole world and we need someone who has the guts to disclose it all.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

The hacking tools angle doesn't seem plausible, $100,000 seriously?

Imagine what those "tools" would be worth to professional hackers.

If your enemy has your 'secret ' hacking tools that you created... what are they worth to you, at that point?

edit on b000000282018-02-09T19:14:24-06:0007America/ChicagoFri, 09 Feb 2018 19:14:24 -0600700000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If true, I want names.
Who approved this?
No redactions......I want names.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join