It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Claims Airline Told Her To Flush Emotional Support Hamster Down Toilet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So she ACTUALLY went through with flushing the hamster down the toilet? She should be thrown in jail for animal cruelty, forget this sob story that reeks of BS. No way I would flush my pet down the toilet just to get on an airplane. Either she's making the story up for attention or she's just a #ing idiot. Probably both.

She needed to upgrade to an emotional support llama after, the emotional trauma was too much.

Seriously though, I read this before, and I don't have any sympathy for her claiming the airline said she could take in with her, but when she gets there they tell her "Computer says no." so she does what the asshat with a hat suggests..

She is a psychopath. If anything else, if she has the option of going to the toilet, find somewhere to just let it have it's own chance. I wonder how many of them she has devised ways of torturing things, and now she has media attention.

Be nice it if was a hoax though. or at least, not completely true.

Poor little thing, "Mommy, are you giving me a bath? But I just had a bath. Mommy, I'm scaaarrreeeed *Flush*"

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: and14263

If the girl is mentally handicapped in some way then I take some of what I said back. Maybe she didn't have the mental capacity to deal with the situation in a logical way, it would explain the "emotional support hamster" part I guess.

What would happen is someone flushed a support Labrador because they were not allowed to take it?

If it's for support, it's not a pet. So therefore leaving it or killing it, is abhorrent.
If it's not for support, then a pet. So therefore she didn't care for her pet, and also abhorrent.

I'm just going to get me 500 support chickens, and fly myself places... just have to train them to fly for more than 3 seconds.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: odzeandennz

Pretty rich me getting a lecture on mental health.
If a person walking on crutches throws them down and keeps walking then they didn't need them

Mentally frail individual does not make logical decisions.

I see you've been reading my posts lately, then..

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't know what to find more disturbing:

The airline attendant's suggestion to flush the tiny mammal?

Or that the girl actually did it?

Or is it that a hamster can be a doctor-certified companion?

....Or is it that she was flying Spirit?!

This is truly one of the best WTF tabloids I've read in my day. Thanks for sharing.

In a statement the airline said, “we can say confidently that at no point did any of our agents suggest this Guest (or any other for that matter) should flush or otherwise injure an animal. It is incredibly disheartening to hear this Guest reportedly decided to end her own pet’s life.”

time.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

The same people complaining about this singular rodent eat chicken and cows for din dins. In New York it's cockroach cookies for dessert.

Ridiculous article.
edit on 9-2-2018 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well for one, it does not say why she needs emotional support. I work with mostly challenged children, some with high end autism, and some who are just not mentally developed due to different circumstances. Each case is different, each person that I work with has a tick of some kind.

I get what you are saying about this person, but we don't know what her deal was. She could have PTSD, from something terrible, or she could just be a nut who wanted to bring her hamster. If its the later, well she was an idiot. If it was really prescribed, by a DR, as part of treatment, well shame on Spirit.

Animals have a calming affect on humans,(unless you don't like them, and that is a whole different situation) simply petting a cat, lowers blood pressure, and lowers heart rate as well. Animals can be very beneficial.

if a Dr, prescribed a companion pet, that is an actual prescription. Not sure what right the Airline had to not allow her to bring it. I mean it was a little hamster, I don't even know if they produce allergy causing dander.

Personally I would NOT have flushed it.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
she should be prosecuted and banned from ever keeping animals again, horrible little bi...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
When "My Pet" just doesnt have the same umph: It was "My Emotional Support Hamster".

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

For one it does say and I mentioned it.
Don't bother reading the article though.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Prob cause a service animal and a comfort animal are different.
What if another passenger has a fear of hamsters and this thing got away from her and then the person with the fear freaks out?
Is one person's comfort more important than another's fear?
Lots of people defending this idiot.
She flushed her comfort animal.
If you flush it you don't need it.

Ready for another lesson now

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just think, this is going to be somebody's wife someday.

I feel bad for the poor bastard who marries this chick.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

And since we are playing the could have game this thing could have got away and could have made it's way to the belly of the plane and could have chewed through a wire.
Lots of # could have happened.
She could have done lots of other things besides flushing it.
She could be an idiot and could be a psycho. She could be trying to get paid.
She could have been an adult and left the hamster she clearly didn't need cause she killed it.
People could stop making excuses for idiotsvamd them the would could be a better place.
This is fun.
Could we play again

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think anyone in the Baltimore area should go to BWI and visit the toilets at spirit airlines and bring stuffed hamster toys to flush down their toilets. if you can't find a toy hamster bring fuzzy socks.

Don't they have ways for small animals to be transported? They ship dogs and cats via air. Couldn't she just pay for passage of her companion?
It seems there should have been a better way to handle this. I'll also say that she couldn't have been too attached to the animal since she did zero research on how to transport her animal or arrange a hamster sitter for her time away. I don't plan a trip without making arrangement for my pets. Boarding or someone to come feed and water. She didn't think ahead. Did she think she was just going to get on board carrying a hamster carrier? Maybe she did but she should have researched the matter before packing up for a trip. However the airline employee should also have been able to offer a better solution than flushing a live animal. I think there's a crime in there somewhere too. Why Wouldnt the airline offer a better solution.

I don't know...is this even true???

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Then she shouldn't have been traveling alone if she was mentally disabled.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

yeah instead of killing the hampster it might be the kid.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Woman Claims Airline Told Her To Flush Emotional Support Hamster Down Toilet

Quick someone call PETA!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They'd be better off flushing PETA down that damn toilet.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This leads me to a great business model.

Emotional support midgets...It's a win win both providing jobs for little people as well as emotional support for the person who needs it. But actual support like saying nice things and giving hugs.

Plus they are a hell of a lot harder to flush down air line toilets!!

/sarcasm

edit on 9-2-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How sick and twisted do you have to be to kill an innocent creature like that? Especially one you called a companion.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelicIRage
a reply to: neo96

They'd be better off flushing PETA down that damn toilet.

How dare they care for animals well-being?! Off with their heads!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join