It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Turpitude of our Moral Superiors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I am just going to get directly to the point and to heII with diplomacy:

I think the #metoo movement has more to do with Democrats using their celeb surrogates to rally women into playing helpless victims, so that the Democratic party can be their hero and *save* them. It's much like the party did with black Americans, in 2008.

However, if the Democratic party thinks 95% of women will play like helpless victims -- like black Americans have done -- to help propel the party, then they are out of their collective GD minds. No thanks.

There's no substantive moral discussion to be found, here. It's all about exploiting women for political gain. I won't be running to the GOP just because I reject the DNC's tactics. I can stand on my own two feet.

As an aside...I am pretty confident that the party intends to run Oprah, in 2020. Despite her protestations that she isn't going to run.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Unfortunately, MME, there are all too many women that can and will be exploited. They will not be able to see through the ploy.

The Dems are running out of identity groups to exploit. But the weak and gullible will eat it up....and it gives them an excuse to wear the Tshirt and the pussy hat and carry a cool sign and for reasons unknown to them shout out anti-Trump slogans.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Unfortunately, MME, there are all too many women that can and will be exploited. They will not be able to see through the ploy.

We need to be prepared. There will be plenty of women jumping on this bandwagon and those of us that don't will be maligned and marginalized.

I already have my positions ready to state clearly...I stood up when the time came. I didn't wait. I wasn't helpless. I didn't allow other women to be victims while I waited for the opportune political climate before speaking up.

I don't want these political sell-out women speaking for me and resent that they are trying to speak for 'Women.' They speak for themselves and perhaps other Democratic women and anti-Trump women.

I am ready. Bring it on!

edit on 2/9/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Given their knack for self-aggrandizement which you described it sounds like something they would say.

All I'm saying is that it's hard to condemn people for being sanctimonious and pretentious without being a hypocrite.

Not really. If one conforms to the standards he applies to others, there is no hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You could be right. Another theory pushed by Rose McGowan is that the #metoo movement is a public relations ploy by Creative Artists Agency.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
I'm just going to drop this here.

Consequences of erudite vernacular utilized irrespective of necessity

Have a nice day!

You drop a pointless post? That's so unlike you.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Eshel
I'm just going to drop this here.

Consequences of erudite vernacular utilized irrespective of necessity

Have a nice day!

You drop a pointless post? That's so unlike you.

I believe it completely relates to your OP. I apologize if you don't feel that way.

I'm out.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You could be right. Another theory pushed by Rose McGowan is that the #metoo movement is a public relations ploy by Creative Artists Agency.

Eh, for now, I think it has more to do with Oprah or another woman the Democrats intend to run, in 2020.

Consider this...the domain name OprahForAmerica.com was registered, in MARCH 2017, by a D.C.-based PR Management firm called Patriot Strategies.

If you go to Patriot Strategies website, their client list includes the 2008 Obama Campaign, Clinton/Gore, Kerry/Edwards, Howard Dean, and also lists the DNC as a client:

Link

For some reason, that PR firm knew, back in March 2017, that Oprah's name would start to float as a possible candidate.

It's as if they knew the #metoo movement was on the horizon and Oprah would make her *epic* Golden Globes speech and the media...err....public would call for her to run -- seven months before the #metoo movement began.

So, if the #metoo movement is a PR machination...I think it's more likely to be a Patriot Strategies machination. And I think Rose McGowen is in on it in that case.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I'm out.

You were never in.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I'm out.

You were never in.

I thought I was done in this thread. But after that, I feel I need to make one more contribution.

You were never in.

That's what she said.
ba-dum-ts

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Again, you could be right. All of this could be astroturfing for the sake of an elaborate ploy. Personally, I do not think human beings are that cunning to be able to pull something off, but the DNC and other political operatives are always operating behind the scenes with vast amounts of cash employing them.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I thought I was done in this thread. But after that, I feel I need to make one more contribution.

Bravo. Really raising the bar.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Again, you could be right. All of this could be astroturfing for the sake of an elaborate ploy. Personally, I do not think human beings are that cunning to be able to pull something off, but the DNC and other political operatives are always operating behind the scenes with vast amounts of cash employing them.

$19 million+ raised for the Time's Up legal fund -- since December 21, 2017.

All of that will be disbursed to trial lawyers who join their network and pledge to do what they already do: Make money from sexual harassment cases.

Now consider this....the largest organization of trial lawyers has made political donations at a ratio of 93% Democrat, 7% Republican, since 1990.

Trial lawyers are some of the biggest political donors.

I am glad you don't put it past Democrats...because you shouldn't. Every time I hear Oprah mention the Time's Up legal fund...I think, "She's fundraising for her 2020 campaign."

ETA: I mean, Marky Mark *donated* $1.5 million to flipping trial lawyers through 'Time's Up', for crying out loud! Something is 'Up' and it's not 'Time.' If you follow the money, it will end up in DNC coffers if history is an accurate reflection.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join