It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons call for end to 'discrimination' of members.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The Freemasons have placed full-page advertisements in several national newspapers calling for an end to the "discrimination" against their members.
The BBC reports.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Nice appearing chaps.

Here is the letter they have placed in three national newspapers.

At the United Grand Lodge of England, we value honesty, integrity and service to the community above all else. Last year we raised over £33 million for good causes.

As an organisation we welcome individuals from all walks of life, of any race, faith, age, class or political persuasion. Throughout our 300 year history, when people have suffered discrimination Freemasonry has embraced them into our lodges as equals.

The United Grand Lodge of England believes that the ongoing gross misrepresentation of its 200,000 plus members is discrimination. Pure and simple.
Our members shouldn’t have to feel undeservedly stigmatised. No other organisation would stand for this and nor shall we.

I have written to the Equality and Human Rights Commission to make this case.

I appreciate that you may have questions about who we are and what we do, so why not ask those who know? Over the next six months our members will be running a series of open evenings and Q&A events up and down the country. These will be promoted in the local media and on our website.

I am also happy to answer any queries directly. Please feel free to write to me here at Freemasons’ Hall, 60 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5AZ and I will come back to you.

We’re open.

Dr David Staples Chief Executive The United Grand Lodge of England.

So is it time for #Masonlivesmatter? I don't have a problem with them tbh I have been to the local one and they are good people just a bit old and dusty for me.

edit on 8-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
"As an organisation we welcome individuals from all walks of life, of any race, faith, age, class or political persuasion."

So long as you're a man.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

They do have lodges for women.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

There is a lot of racism in the lodges near me. That and old dusty men with antiquated beliefs.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I have been to the local one and they are good people just a bit old and dusty for me.

if you look around a bit, you may find a younger lodge. I am a member of a lodge that isn't the closest to me, but is a much better representation of my age bracket.

And as always, the masons here are always willing to answer questions honestly.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
"As an organisation we welcome individuals from all walks of life, of any race, faith, age, class or political persuasion."

So long as you're a man.

It is a FRATERNITY.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

There is a lot of racism in the lodges near me. That and old dusty men with antiquated beliefs.

how do you know that? (honestly curious)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I want one where we all ride about on horseback righting wrongs along our merry way

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I want one where we all ride about on horseback righting wrongs along our merry way

do you own a horse?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No but I'm learning to ride.
My pals got a stable and I borrow hers she is teaching me
Tally Ho!.

We could all use Sedgeways though

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think they're confusing two different things, "prejudice" and "discrimination". One can be prejudiced against a class pf people purely by reputation, but surely "discrimination" involves taking some practical action which affects the people concerned.
It's hard to discriminate against individuals if, by definition, you don't know who they are.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

£33 million. Hmmmm 33? Interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Painterz

They do have lodges for women.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is this not the type of Freemasonry that isn't associated with the women's lodges?

I admit I'm no expert, I just dropped in to make the obvious joke in response to their advert.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with Masons, religions, races, sexual orientations. . . . .

As long as they aren't Gingers.

link   

Also can anyone tell me what they have in their fancy bum bags?.

link   
I’d like open and public dialogue to confront, discuss, and debunk the false allegations of Freemasonry endorsing or supporting Satanic worship and/or schemes of totalitarian world domination. These are the stigmas that I mostly face.

So long as you're a man.

If your issue with Freemasonry is its policy of gender exclusivity, may I suggest looking into Mixed/Co-Freemasonry or Women’s Freemasonry.

Statement from the U.G.L.E. (March 10, 1999)

[ “There exist in England and Wales at least two Grand Lodges solely for women. Except that these bodies admit women, they are, so far as can be ascertained, otherwise regular in their practice. There is also one which admits both men and women to membership. They are not recognised by this Grand Lodge and intervisitation may not take place. There are, however, discussions from time to time with the women's Grand Lodges on matters of mutual concern. Brethren are therefore free to explain to non-Masons, if asked, that Freemasonry is not confined to men (even though this Grand Lodge does not itself admit women). Further information about these bodies may be obtained by writing to the Grand Secretary.” ]

Regius Poem (Halliwell Manuscript)

[“In that honest craft to be perfect;
And so each one shall teach the other,
And love together as sister and brother.”]

[“The tenth article is for to know,
Among the craft, to high and low,
There shall no master supplant another,
But be together as sister and brother.”]

[“That no craving be made to thee,
Nor to thy fellows in no degree,
To man or to woman, whoever he be,
Pay them well and truly, for that will we;”]

[“Each one serve other with mild cheer; Gentle fellows, you must it know, For to be stewards all in turn, Week after week without doubt, Stewards to be so all in turn about,
Amiably to serve each one other,
As though they were sister and brother.”]

York Manuscript No. 4

[“The one of the elders takeing the Booke and that hee or shee that is to be made mason shall lay their hands thereon, and the charge shall be given.”]

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Here is a documentary about the lives of Ginger people I think you may change your mind and help in their plight...here.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This is a joke right?
This guy is putting himself out therewhile talking in the Royal ,'we' of the invisible.
If there is discrimination, spit it out in specifics, not because some entity doesn't care for him or 'we'.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

So long as you're a man.

That's discrimination!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The guy running this told BBC Breakfast this morning: "We're not a secretive society."

Wait, what? Isn't that... exactly what they are?!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join