It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. Official Who Helped Oversee Clinton, Russia Probes Steps Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Just keep telling yourself that.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
A report breaking that the Justice Department Official who held a key postition
in The Clinton email investigation along with The Russia Probe has stepped down.

The Russia Probe was handed off to Mueller after James Comey was fired
by President Trump.

Justice Department Official Who Helped Oversee Clinton Russia probes steps down

David Laufman, an experienced federal prosecutor who in 2014 became chief of the National Security Division’s Counterintelligence and Export Control Section, said farewell to colleagues Wednesday.

WaPo

The article goes on to say that critics have questioned whether
Laufman was a source of “national security leaks.”

Laufman declined to discuss the Clinton or Russia probes. The latter was handed off to Mueller in May after Trump fired FBI Director James B. Comey.

I guess time will tell if any connections are made to others who have
been fired or resigned that were also in oversight positions of Hillary Clinton
and the Russia Narrative.

Maybe Jeff Sessions is really cleaning house!?

Amazing how connected everyone seems to be to Clinton and how each and every one is either quitting or being demoted....and still people will doubt anything is going on.

This is not normal people....and there will be more!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

How's that Executive order to draft Mueller back into service going? I keep asking and you keep ignoring me. What's up with that?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Came here looking for this story. I can't believe it! This was no small time guy. This was the Deputy Assistant Attorney General.

He was also chief over the counterintelligence division,
as that is where Clinton's investigation was If I recall correctly.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He didn't retire Silly.

He stepped down big difference!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is a little background into some other happenings
behind the scenes.

Jeff Sessions reversed the prior position of Sally Yates who was keeping the DOJ National Security Division free from Inspector General Horowitz oversight. Now the DOJ-NSD has direct oversight, the officials within the DOJ-NSD have come down with a severe case of sunlight aversion. Responding to a 2015 request by the DOJ Office of Inspector General, Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates told the internal watchdog they cannot investigate the National Security Division. That’s right, there was essentially no oversight on any activity happening inside the NSD.

In 2015 the OIG requested oversight and it was Sally Yates who responded with a lengthy 58 page legal explanation saying, essentially, ‘nope – not allowed.’ (PDF HERE) All of the DOJ is subject to oversight, except the NSD. The Department of Justice’s own Inspector General (currently Michael Horowitz who opened a January 2017 investigation into the 2016 politicization of the FBI and DOJ) was previously not allowed to investigate anything that happened within the NSD branch of the Department of Justice.
theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Funny how everyone suddenly becomes Prominent in the Clinton Investigation once they step down.

No one knew who the hell David Laufman is/was until it became fodder for half-assed self contradictory conspiracies.

What the hell is "Export Control Section" anyways?

Seems to me ANYONE that worked at Justice or FBI during the investigation gets promoted to "Helped Oversee" by conspiracy theorists once they retire or get another job.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Amazing how connected everyone seems to be to Clinton and how each and every one is either quitting or being demoted....and still people will doubt anything is going on.

This is not normal people....and there will be more!

YES! I heard they all actually worked for the same government! Not only that, they all lived near DC!

The connections are too great to ignore!
edit on 9-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

So you want to ignore the fact that he was one of the few
who interviewed Clinton?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

They get exposed when in The Sun too long 💃

<< 1   >>

join