It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS cyber chief: Russia 'successfully penetrated' some state voter rolls

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), told NBC News that Russia targeted 21 states and β€œan exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated.”

First I will say this is only marginally about Trump. This is mainly about the security of our election system.

There has been a push for picture ID with minimal evidence of a problem but evidence of a foreign government hacking our voting system and many want to ignore it because it may effect "their side".

The division in this country is distorting peoples perspective to the point that we may well lose what is really important to this country and it's citizens.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
But but theres no proof according to a thread that got a lot of stars on here, the usual faces now this.

Waits to see how they explain it away.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I seem to remember DHS penetrating state voter systems....

Indiana joins Idaho in claiming DHS tried to hack their election systems

Indiana claims DHS scanned the state's electoral system tens of thousands of times without permission.

DHS responds to hacking accusations from Georgia

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie

Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), told NBC News that Russia targeted 21 states and β€œan exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated.”

First I will say this is only marginally about Trump. This is mainly about the security of our election system.

There has been a push for picture ID with minimal evidence of a problem but evidence of a foreign government hacking our voting system and many want to ignore it because it may effect "their side".

The division in this country is distorting peoples perspective to the point that we may well lose what is really important to this country and it's citizens.

First this was claaimed before, and the states mentioned said they were never attacked.

Second, this is juts more claims, lets see the proof.

Third the article shows that no rolls were altered.

And no one is suggesting we shouldnt up our cyber security, I am fully for that.

But to try to use this to push that somehow this swayed the lection to trump would be a huge lie (not saying you ae doing that)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
so they performed a port scan???
edit on 7-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So how did they change the vote counts ?

πŸ˜†

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
so they finally admit it??

when trump brought up voter fraud and hacking the DHS said that no state voter systems were compromised, so trump was right again.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

πŸ˜†

they didn't, what it amounts to is they performed a port scan looking for open ports

"probe"

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

helps if you own and calibrate the machines.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

First this was claaimed before, and the states mentioned said they were never attacked.

And no one is suggesting we shouldnt up our cyber security, I am fully for that.

But to try to use this to push that somehow this swayed the lection to trump would be a huge lie (not saying you ae doing that)

So which is it, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is right or you?

Ps use Google there's more than one article.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

It's the Russia Scapegoat, perhaps?

They were the scapegoat for 500,000 dead in Syria that Hillary / Obama / McCain / CIA caused...

Then 'they came to teh rescue' when it was time to smear Trump for being a Commie TRAITOR (as if calling him Hitler wasnt enough)....

They were the scapegoat for the WIkileaks (therefore be sure and ignore the content only hear what CNN tells you about them or go to jail).....

Then when all else failed a handful of thousands of trolls (like the Two Party's here dont have more doing the same work, like we dont have MILLIONS of 'them' across our society by nature) to drive the FAKE NEWS narrative of mass censorship and rabid domestic propaganda proliferation......

No doubt DHS would ride that wave here when it was their arses on the hot plate.

edit on 7-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
careful who we listen to 😦

TESTIMONYOFJEANETTE MANFRA June 2017

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: Grambler

So which is it, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is right or you?

Ps use Google there's more than one article.

Everything I said is true.

If the head of DHS says otherwise, she is lying, and I can prove it.

1. Yes this was claimed before, and states denied it. Are you saying this is wrong?

2. There was no data released in these articles, only a claim by the DHS. Are you claiming this is a lie?

3. There is no claim that voter rolls were altered. Are you claiming this is a lie?

I am sorry that you are incapable of looking at facts.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

πŸ˜†

I'm waiting for them to finally release the classified info that the Russians not only hacked the voter machines, but changed the vote tally in favor of Trump, hence explaining the apparently contradictory evidence that Hillary won the popular vote, while trump won the Elections.

A hack could to that.

They wouldn't be able to hack all the votes to affect the popular count, but they could just hack the essential votes required to show a Trump victory.

Then, all would be explained.

Not sure why they aren't releasing this top secret information.

But, if they sent this info as a memo to Trump for consideration, would he de-classify it?

Hmm....

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Easy fix. Voter ID and paper ballots. Boom.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I seem to remember DHS penetrating state voter systems....

Indiana joins Idaho in claiming DHS tried to hack their election systems

Indiana claims DHS scanned the state's electoral system tens of thousands of times without permission.

DHS responds to hacking accusations from Georgia

Exactly what I was going to post. The DHS offered "help" to Georgia to secure their voting machines. Georgia replied that they "didnt need no stinking assistance" .After that , the DHS got caught by the wonderful IS of the Georgia government attempting to hack the servers. Not only was the hack attempt by the DHS noobs defeated , but it was traced back to the DHS and they received a call from the Lt. Governor's Office demanding an answer to why .
In my best Beavis and Butthead - "They said Russia huh , huh ,huh"
Hilarious.

edit on 2/7/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
H.I.C. Chairman Devin Nunes said today that his committee repeatedly warned President Obama about Russian Interference, but he ignored them. Was frustrating.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And ?

If dead people,felons,and illegals can vote.

Why not RUSSIA! ?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, electronic voting machines are crazy things to use.

And hey, unsurprisingly some ats members know better than the dhs. No Russian involvement! Despite every US agency saying there was Russian interference, despite mountains of evidence, despite dozens of European intelligence agencies saying there was interference...
edit on -06:00pm40228America/ChicagoWed, 07 Feb 2018 17:40:33 -060037 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

Question: when this happened, why was it not addressed at the time?

The former POTUS was on record laughing at how ludicrous it would be that hackers could influence our election. Nonetheless, there was evidence it could/did happen going back to before the votes were cast.

If its going to effect a POTUS, it would seem to be damning to the former who slept while our electoral process was undermined.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join