It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the end of the Marvel Universe. Everything Dies.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Disney is the exception to the rule lol..

As long as EVERY single comic book move Is well above average FOR ANY MOVIE.. they got my vote lol.. hell I hope they buy DC..

Star Wars has been a mess because they are letting each new writer dictate cannon from whole cloth..

Marvel gets to keep what worked and leave the rest, from 60 years of storylines..

Some worked, some didn’t.. they already have a good idea of what needed up with a cohesive story..

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Star Wars has been a mess because they are letting each new writer dictate cannon from whole cloth..

Yeah I'm starting to get worried that Disney is going to royally # this IP up. I didn't out and out dislike episode VIII but even I can't look away from the hokey # they put in the movie.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yea a lot of the negative opinion was because of JJ Abrams..

He has this “mystery box” theory he has done lectures on..

JJ thinks it adds to immersion to fill your movies with mysteries..

So snopes, origin , the knights of ren and Rey’s parents never had an answer...

No cannon had been written past force awakens when it filmed.

JJ made those things seem like big upcoming reveals , and they were not..

They are not doing a contained storyline.. I think they are going open ended, “ here is what’s happening “.So there is always a next movie . Rather than “here is what happened” with a beginning, middle and end..

I like open ended, but not having a know direction so you can sneak in foreshadowing and maybe prophecies is BRAVE..

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's just weird considering the MCU is so well done and planned out.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The MCU has WAY more and better content to parse through and WAY more immediate feed back from fans and through sales.

Lucas has always hoarded his IP. Marvel has too, but has oodles of monthly publications.

Plus marvel movies started at the beginning and have 70 years of before they “catch up”.

Star Wars started in the middle and really doesn’t have but a couple storylines to rob as far as the future goes.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The MCU has WAY more and better content to parse through and WAY more immediate feed back from fans and through sales.

Well if Disney didn't just garbage bin the whole Extended Universe upon receiving the SW IP you could say the same for it.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Think about it like this..

If you made a pile where you took just one copy of every Star Wars movie, tv show, comic and novels.

How big is your pile???

Now make that same pile with every marvel IP...

It wouldn’t even be close...

The Star Wars pile MIGHT fill a walk-in closet, marvels pile would reqire a warehouse..

Star Wars compared to most other things and maybe even compared to any one charachter wins, but vs the entire MU???

It ain’t even close..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join