It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cloverfield Paradox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Netflix surprised us by making The Cloverfield Paradox available immediately after the Super Bowl. It's a very nice surprise that they did this because I was hearing it wouldn't come out until April. I have not watched it yet but will be later tonight.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer
oh sweet! That was netflix?? I thought it was a teaser trailer.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yep, it was Netflix. It was up right after the game.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

What's an "Super Bowl"?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
You know, a big bowl.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What's an "Super Bowl"?

Spelling error.

"Super Bowel".

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Couldn't it just be one word? Why's it gotta be two words?

"Stuporbowl".

Or why just be a bowl? Why not a "Superpot". It could go in the same "Supercabinet" as the "Superkettle". In the commercial they can meet each other. Call each other names.

edit on 4-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What's an "Super Bowl"?

Better question , what is a Cloverfield Paradox ?
I get the part on large cereal containers....

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Yeah, what is a Cloverfield Paradox? The OP leaves one wondering what to desire.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I just finished watching it, and it was a pretty good movie. Explains where the Cloverfield monster came from in a round about way.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its all about a supercloverbowl in a paradoxical quantum field of clover worm holes.a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The first 'Cloverfield' movie was a heaping pile of cowpucky.
One of only a few films I walked out of the theater on.
Giant monsters smashing a city makes for good cinema.
Shaky hand held cameras and fake-ass CGI monsters do not.
I'll give it a chance.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Netflix are knocking it out of the park at the moment.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Haven't watched the new Netflix release yet, but i was rabid about the first cloverfield movie and i like shared universe but unrelated story that was whatever address cloverfield lane, so i really look forward to the newest release. To me, the cloverfield movies haven't been geared towards real commercial success, but more geared to the fans of the B-C Level monster movies of the 70s-80's! I'll check back in after i watch the movie!
edit on 5-2-2018 by InspectorGadget13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Just finished it.
2 stars.
Convoluted plot.
Characters that I have no sympathy for.
Fake-ass CGI monster at the end.
I find playing chess with myself more intriguing.
They probably gambled on the Super Bowel spot in hopes of getting as many views as possible before the critics ring in.
The worms were the best actors.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I watched about half of the movie last night and went to bed.
So far it's a 2 out of 5 standard sci/fi horror movie.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Your not a fan of the type. If you did not enjoy found film movie, why did you even go to theaters to see it? It is exactly how they previewed it in trailers. If I asked you about Quarantine, Rec. , VHS, and many others, it will probably be a similar response Therefore your review is of no value anyways since you are not a fan of this type of stuff. I loved the first movie, one of the best out there. Im about to watch this now.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13
Haven't watched the new Netflix release yet, but i was rabid about the first cloverfield movie and i like shared universe but unrelated story that was whatever address cloverfield lane, so i really look forward to the newest release. To me, the cloverfield movies haven't been geared towards real commercial success, but more geared to the fans of the B-C Level monster movies of the 70s-80's! I'll check back in after i watch the movie!

I feel the same way. If you weren't born and bred on b movies of the 70's and 80's, this series may not resonate with you at all. However, if you had nightmares of Godzilla, Mothra, or heaven forbid, Godzilla AND Mothra, this series is as close to candy for the brain as it gets. I haven't seen this new one but I hope it's just as gloriously confusing and wonderful as the first two. But I don't expect it to leave me jumping up and down on the couch screaming at the end like the second one. I don't get to do that too much anymore lol...that was really fun.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: chasingbrahman
Well its a good origin story, and a generally decent sci-fi paradox movie. But monster only shows up for the last scene . It was still a good sci-fi overall though. Hopefully they will sequel it once more with a full on war of the beasts.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chasingbrahman

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13

I feel the same way. If you weren't born and bred on b movies of the 70's and 80's, this series may not resonate with you at all. However, if you had nightmares of Godzilla, Mothra, or heaven forbid, Godzilla AND Mothra, this series is as close to candy for the brain as it gets. I haven't seen this new one but I hope it's just as gloriously confusing and wonderful as the first two. But I don't expect it to leave me jumping up and down on the couch screaming at the end like the second one. I don't get to do that too much anymore lol...that was really fun.

You forgot Gamera. Why does everyone forget Gamera ? Way better than Gozira....
But Cloverfield is nowhere near 70s and 80s B-movies.
BTW - I was there in the 60s-80s

top topics

<<   2 >>

join