It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Alexa SuperBowl commercial....WOW!..called a Super Bowl game play!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Vasa Croe

From what I've seen in commercials, Alexa is just a device that allows people to speak to it, the way we have spoken to our Android and Apple phones, for several years now.

Why is there excitement over something this basic?

I am sorry, and i don´t want to attack you, but this is sarcasm, right?
You guys over there need to start to read books, seems you don´t get the messages delivered via movies or audio books. Talking bout 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World and such "dystopian"(actual reality, even worse) books. Or the messages delivered by whistleblowers, about surveillance states and surveillance corporations, foul playing secret services etc.

Are you really that clueless over there, or are you just not interested in freedom anymore, in the "land of the free", the western version of china, if it comes to propaganda, flag and military worshipping, police brutality, spying on and programming the people(to hate each other, for example), to the distrust between the people and all that stuff.

Is it maybe the comfort addiction that switches of brains, if somebody is too lazy to even order something via keyboard and screen from the internet? What about moving your bones and go to the next market, supermarket or whatever, to buy things? Too much movement, too much effort needed, so that the people rather accept several spying devices in their homes and feel smart if they buy everything that says it would be smart? What is the real reason for such a kind of indifference?

I learned that in january 2018 every 7th "U"S citizen or household, but i am sure i read citizen, owned such an alexa(or similiar syping device from another spying corporation) agent, bought them even with their won money, to put that spy in their private sphere. Is every hope lost over there? Are you just ignorant over there, or what is it?

Do people in 2018 really still have to ask what could be wrong with putting spying devices into their own private sphere? Ever heard of the NSA and all those letter agencies, and what they do? Never? Never heard that all these corporations like Google, Amazon, Facebook and Co make profits from selling every bit of data they can gather about you and that you don´t know to whomever your data will be sold? Really never heard of it?

Do people like that really think, in 2018, they have nothing to hide, from all those data leeches? Little example of what could be one aspect of that whole surveillance thing, that couldn´t end good for even those that have nothing to hide. Those that celebrate such surveillance stuff, are mostly "profession-outraged", "profession-anxious" people from the more right than the more freedom preferring side. What when Trumps reign ends and the people are so fed from all that righwinger stuff that the next government will be a hardcore left government, that loves to know who is a rightwinger? Still no problems then, for those that have nothing to hide now?

Look at Turkey, for example. Hours after that "coup"(Erdolfs coup!) Erdolf pulled out ready finished lists of "state enemies", tens of thousands of names on the pages. How do you think did the Erdolf dictatorship know what Murat Bülbül behind the mountains thinks about Erdolf? Not maybe because everybody nowadays needs to expose himself to the web? Don´t you think that every secret service, every govwernment is happy about that whole "i have nothing to hide but to lose everything, if i don´t expose myself to the spies" behaviour nowadays?

Why do the same people, that have to hide, lock their doors, their cars, use even alias names in forums like ATS, if they have nothing to hide? If they would take care about their virtual life, their data like about their real life and their property, nobody ever would say again that he has nothing to hide. If they would take care about their real lifes like they care about their data, they wouldn´t even need doors and locks anymore, no curtains, nothing that would hide your private sphere. Because they have nothing to hide, right?

They invite Amazon, Google, Facebook(etc, and with that and through the backdoors, all the secret services) in their private spheres, to listen and watch to them, via Smart whatevers, so why not invite your neighbours to your sleeping room, at night or at every time you maybe have sex there? The corporation can at least hear what is going on, would be just fair to at least open your windows and curtains when you have sex there. And with all those always to the web connected smart TVs and their cameras, the smart phones and their cameras, the gaming boxes with their cameras, the "for sure secure" own surveillance cameras, etc, there will be people watching you. Because you invited them!

In germany only nerds buy such stuff, the same people that buy every new smart phone, just because it´s new and a must have for nerds and hipsters, because of that. Otherwise they are desperately unhappy, if others have something they don´t have. Those mass-"individualists", that need to swim with the stream their whole life, "to be someone". Here many, many sane people don´t like to pay with plastic-"cash", we prefer real cash here. People don´t pay a lot of money to put the StaSi and GeStaPo agents of the corporations and secret services and governments of these worlds into their private sphere. Here you really get stress with people if you invite them to your home and tell them after two hours that alexa(or a similiar spying device) is listening and the smart TV watching you. The spied on people freak out. Because we had both, the rightwing and the leftwing surveillance state here, we know why we don´t like to be spied on.

You even get stress if you sit in a park and you are one of these self exposers that have to do their fishmouth-selfies every two minutes, and others get on that picture, unasked and unwanted. I saw "smart", spyPhones flying in seas because of that, and had to laugh hard, because it was right. The law here says that only i have the right of my picture, so at least i want to be asked before i get recorded and exposed to the spying corporations, secret services, governments, so that i can say hell no! I saw how drones were taken down, because people don´t like to be filmed and find themselves later in the web, if themselves try to not expose to the spies.

It seems it has something to do with experience, those that never had a war on on own soil are the most warmongering ones. The ones that never had a Nazi of Stasi dictatorship/surveillance state, have no problems with helping the spies to spy on them!

I would need to write a book to give you more examples of why the "excitement over something so basic" is that huge, from the side of the sane people, that love their little bit of rest of their freedom. Alone that these spying devices are basic in a society says a lot about this society!

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnD

The Eagles' head coach thanked "My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" during the trophy presentation. It was a pleasant surprise to have Christ's name spoken, as opposed to the much more common PC spiritual generalities.

They shall mount up with wings of Eagles; is what immediately came to my mind when they won, oddly enough.

When I Google search "They shall mount up with wings of Eagles" my top result (in a "featured snippet" box) is an Amazon.com ad.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Why would anyone want a (another) device in their home that is constantly listening to everything that everyone says?

People in the 1960's: "Watch what you say on the phone! The CIA is listening!"

People Today: "CIA, how do I make ice?"

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The bit about the recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich was hilarious.

I'll wait until the have a system that can log into my ATS, read threads and reply for me based on everything it knows about me.

Or, maybe it already can?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I thought that was interesting too, maybe chance though.
For those who say "how can you do it, how can you allow that thing in your home"

I'm extremely Lazy. I just got an Alexa to try it out and see what's good.

It's good for my laziness.

"Alexa, set my alarm"
"Alexa, shut up and let me sleep some more"
"Alexa, tell my kid a story (I read all the books)"
"Alexa, play some music" (better than any bluetooth speaker I've had. Can hear music in the shower now!)
"Alexa, remind me to never do this again"
"Alexa, when you send my files to the CIA tell them I said "Wassup bitches"

Lol, yeah I gave up on privacy thru technology when I was 10. (2001) It's probably been long gone before then.

-Alee
edit on 2/5/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why would anyone want a (another) device in their home that is constantly listening to everything that everyone says?

People in the 1960's: "Watch what you say on the phone! The CIA is listening!"

People Today: "CIA, how do I make ice?"

That's it, I'm taking it one step further and renaming my Alexa "CIA" I'm gonna have fun with that when I'm angry.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
That's it, I'm taking it one step further and renaming my Alexa "CIA" I'm gonna have fun with that when I'm angry.

-Alee

Make sure you ask her if she works for the CIA. It's interesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

She says no.............she works for Amazon. I asked her.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

-Alee

And keep it away from the kids...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

-Alee

And keep it away from the kids...

OH MY GOODNESS LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

O.O

yessssss *mr burns hand motion* Excellent.

This will be fun.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This will be fun.

-Alee

Goodbye Alee, nice knowing you.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok, so how do we get her to talk? She seems like a tough cookie to crack.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Ok, so how do we get her to talk? She seems like a tough cookie to crack.

Gordon Ramsay may be able to tell you.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
nm
edit on 5-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Even if you have nothing to be paranoid about because you do nothing wrong, it still seems overly invasive.
I wonder if law enforcement has already added this to their list of items to tap when a warrant is issued.

I could take a perfectly innocent person and make them look guilty of at least Something, if I had that kind of access. Add in the ability to plant evidence, and or false testimony, and you do not stand a chance against the justice system.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

My uncle was a literal rocket scientist, he developed the peacekeepers. Yet he still gets childish over youtube videos, ring tones, mobile games and useless gimmick technology. It really baffles me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join