It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Alexa SuperBowl commercial....WOW!..called a Super Bowl game play!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This was by far the best commercial of the night...I'd like to suggest this thread be a deconstruction of the imagery and alliteration...

So at the end when Hopkins is speaking he says..."I'm afraid Bradin is a little tied up".

They filmed this commercial well before the game and oddly Patriots Brandin Cooks has to leave the game.... injury...
edit on 2/4/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

From what I've seen in commercials, Alexa is just a device that allows people to speak to it, the way we have spoken to our Android and Apple phones, for several years now.

Why is there excitement over something this basic?
edit on 2/4/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Why would anyone want a (another) device in their home that is constantly listening to everything that everyone says?
Even if you have nothing to be paranoid about because you do nothing wrong, it still seems overly invasive.
I wonder if law enforcement has already added this to their list of items to tap when a warrant is issued.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'll raise your rhetoric and ask...

Why are Humans so retarded?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

I'll raise your rhetoric and ask...

Maybe it's ChemTrails ?

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Believe it.

They were tapping On-Star back in the day and smart TVs recently.

Our rogue corrupt intelligence agencies will shove a microphone up your butt and make it legal later.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You are only as dumb as you allow yourselves to be.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was alone in my protests when we first got a Nintendo Wii and I realized it had a microphone bar that often turned on when you didn't want it to do so. Family thought I was being overly paranoid at the time.

Now look where we are. People are now going out of their way to add these privacy-invasive nightmares into their homes willingly. Appliances connect to the internet via bluetooth and listen in. Phones. Watches.

A cabin in the woods is looking so much better these days.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Tucket

Alexa... Why are Humans so retarded?

There, I fixed it for ya.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

From what I've seen in commercials, Alexa is just a device that allows people to speak to it, the way we have spoken to our Android and Apple phones, for several years now.

So...Anthony Hopkins saying the girls name near the end,(Jessica) suggesting Alexa knows who it is speaking to...that doesn't suggest an odd intelligence?

You have seen Anthony Hopkins in West World right?

If not...I HIGHLY suggest watching it...it relates to the current environment...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

There weren't many funny commercials. This one wasn't bad.The halftime show sucked.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Creepy device that's not made less creepy with this *clever* marketing.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: BlueAjah

Believe it.

They were tapping On-Star back in the day and smart TVs recently.

Our rogue corrupt intelligence agencies will shove a microphone up your butt and make it legal later.

I actually made a post about that a while back...can't find it now but there were multiple companies involved...it all relates back to the original company that allowed physical control of a vehicle.

Iridium sattelites began in much the same manner....

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

its driven by the manufacturers. its a great way to target ads and find out what people want. u can bet keywords and things are being relayed back to hq. my mother has one and its scary cause she was watching a new will and grace episode and on the show they were using one of these types of devices and it activated hers and it started playing a madonna song if i remember right.
edit on 4-2-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Alexa is programmed to recognize voices and know the names of users.
I know people that have them. I still hate the idea.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm not so sure. All I know is that one scripture from the common lectionary for this specific Sunday was Isaiah 40:21-31. I preached a sermon on these words. Verse 31 is one of the most popular verses in the bible:

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

I didn't even give the game a second thought. I had my sermon written early last week. I'm not a fan of either team but I sure am sick of the Patriots. Yet I only found out a couple of days ago that the Eagles QB wants to preach after football, days after I'd written my sermon. When the Eagles actually won on this day I thought, "Wow. That was weird."

It's no less weird than the Alexa thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
I was alone in my protests when we first got a Nintendo Wii and I realized it had a microphone bar that often turned on when you didn't want it to do so. Family thought I was being overly paranoid at the time.

Now look where we are. People are now going out of their way to add these privacy-invasive nightmares into their homes willingly. Appliances connect to the internet via bluetooth and listen in. Phones. Watches.

A cabin in the woods is looking so much better these days.

"Here's where you can watch A Cabin in the Woods on Tuesday ..."

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So last year it was all SJWhatever commercials.... this year its 'all' robots, was it?

I didnt even realize the game was today.

So did they have Lady Gaga stream down from the rafters doing George HW Bush's "Thousand Points of Light" Illuminati ritual, again this year, or did they even manage to one up that one somehow??

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Marines first super bowl ad in thirty years, recruiting opp.

edit on 5-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I hope that the NFL paid for that Marines ad. They owe the military that plus a huge apology for allowing their players to politicize the game recently.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join