It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the release: what now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Since everyone knows it was the deep state that did it, the people will give Trump more power to prosecute the guilty.

Pal, the people don't care.

They are the sheep.

As long as Americans are being "fed", and can afford to put "gas" in their cars, they are "happy" and "content."

But, you take away one or both of these things, then they'll revolt against whoever is sitting in the Oval Office.

This is the only realty that matters.

So happy and content they put Trump in office!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

They didn't have to fold. Trump just won. They called.

Yeah, I know they didn't have to fold... that was my whole point.

The goose has more tells than a child who just stole a cookie and still has the crumbs all over their shirt... Trump was bluffing and they called it.

Look... I know your totally enchanted by this little false orange god of ours, but if you'd care to take a trip back to the land of reality for a second, you'd realize that... Trump just lost.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Saxomophone

Today the Trump Adm. released the memo which contains evidence that the DNC and FBI colluded against Trump, his legitimate campaign and his rights as a citizen.

- The Trump admin didn't release the memo.

- There was no evidence the DNC had anything to do with Steele, Steele going to the FBI, the FBI's response, the warrant, etc.

- Carter Page resigned from the campaign a month before the FISA warrant was applied for/obtained.

- The FISA warrant wasn't for Trump, it was for Carter Page

- None of Trump's rights were violated.

That's a whole lot to be wrong in a single sentence.

As for your question, lots of things are happening. Unless the GOP blocks it, the minority memo is coming out. It's a 10-page memo authored in response to the Nunes memo, by the minority. The Dems are also requesting that the Andrew McCabe testimony be publicly released as they're saying a statement attributed to McCabe is mischaraterized.

In the broader sense, there is an ongoing IG probe which is probably getting close to an end. The GOP has announced additional congressional probes (of course). There's calls from some in the GOP for an special counsel to be appointed. Trump may try to use it to kill the Mueller investigation by firing Rosenstein and anyone else he needs to until somebody kills it. He could also try to replace Rosenstein with a stooge. Or he may just let it go and try to use the dodgy memo to discredit the results if he doesn't like them.

Based on what is in the memo, the only potential legal jeopardy I see is if somebody from the DOJ/FBI perjured themselves in the FISA application or if Steele lied to the FBI. (or if anyone else lied to Congress or the FBI)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Pal, the people don't care.

Really? I have never seen politics discussed, or talked about as much as it is now, in my life time.

They are the sheep.

Haven't you heard? They woke up and voted for Trump.

As long as Americans are being "fed", and can afford to put "gas" in their cars, they are "happy" and "content."

Straight out of the Democrat handbook. A very large portion of America dreams a little bigger than that.

But, you take away one or both of these things, then they'll revolt against whoever is sitting in the Oval Office.

They are already revolting against Trump. It started with the wire tapping. But of course the never Trumpers called the President names instead of believing him. It will not be a revolt against the President. It will be a revolt against the Democratic Party, which is already heading to the grave.

This is the only realty that matters.

That has been the problem with the DEM's perceived reality. It just isn't true.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, I know they didn't have to fold... that was my whole point.

Your not understanding the analogy. When you call, you can't fold, you have to play. Trump made them call.

The goose has more tells than a child who just stole a cookie and still has the crumbs all over their shirt... Trump was bluffing and they called it.

No bluff. He released the memo. Now the Dem's have to show their hand, and since they were so against the memo being released because of national security reasons, but now they are saying no big deal. That is quiet the loss of the hand.

Look... I know your totally enchanted by this little false orange god of ours, but if you'd care to take a trip back to the land of reality for a second, you'd realize that... Trump just lost.

You are the only one speaking as if Trump is a god. That means you are projecting you own thoughts onto someone else, but you still insist on talking about reality. The TDS is strong with this one.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Don't listen to these nothingburger naysayers in here OP the law was definitely broken at least 4 times,

First, there's the fact that the "Steele Dossier" was critical to the granting of a FISA court warrant. The memo makes clear that absent the Dossier there would have been no warrant as the court would have refused to grant it for lack of evidence, no spying on the Trump campaign and no grounds for the current Mueller investigation.

Now that wouldn't by itself be enough to toss every single individual involved in the clink except for the following, which turns the above into a serious criminal felony that reaches everyone involved including quite-probably then-President Obama himself:

You see, the memo also documents that the FBI intentionally concealed the source and nature of the "Steele Dossier", including who paid for it, from the FISA Court Judges. The DOJ officials knew the Steele Dossier was paid for by Democrats and intentionally failed to include that in both the original warrant and three renewals aimed at Carter Page. Worse, the FBI had terminated Steele as an FBI source for unauthorized disclosures to the media months prior -- and didn't disclose that to the court either! In short despite the DOJ and FBI knowing that Steele had a personal animus against Donald Trump's campaign, was financially motivated by the Democrats who were paying him, and in addition had been disqualified as an FBI source due to prior personal misconduct they intentionally concealed all three facts from the FISA court not just once -- but four times in total.

This standing alone is a crime; it constitutes not only obstruction of justice but also perjury, and is further a fraud upon the court.

market-ticker.org...

It's up to the administration and the majority if they will pursue criminal prosecution. They may let it all slide, wouldn't surprise me a bit or use it as a bargaining chip for the coming debt ceiling debates, those are coming up again in a few weeks.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Based on what is in the memo, the only potential legal jeopardy I see is if somebody from the DOJ/FBI perjured themselves in the FISA application or if Steele lied to the FBI. (or if anyone else lied to Congress or the FBI)

That best describes the current situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There's lots of varied responses here. I think the consensus is that at the very least this is perjury on a grand scale. I get a feeling that is what will be focused on most of all. Thanks for all your interesting responses!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yet, prior to the Patriot Act and FISA, they merely used foreign agencies to spy on their citizens. It may be hard to wrap on's head around it but the PA and FISA may actually be an improvement from days past....

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You must have seen a different memo. The real one doesn't prove any of that.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

Good thing no one lied to get a warrant. Good thing the warrant legal or not had nothing to do with Mueller and his investigation into trump. Good thing the investigation is going to continue.

Too bad this wasn't the bombshell people were expecting.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Let the SHTF and the Chips fall where they may! Those of us paying attention to the undermining of our Constitution have already prepared.

Let Truth and Justice prevail! #MAGA
edit on 2-2-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sorry if this is off topic, but is there anyway to mute certain posters or have their posts not show up? There are so many posts to read through and I just want to mute the trolls so I can cycle through the posts a little faster as this whole thing unfolds. Is there anyway to do that?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
Don't listen to these nothingburger naysayers in here OP the law was definitely broken at least 4 times,

First, there's the fact that the "Steele Dossier" was critical to the granting of a FISA court warrant. The memo makes clear that absent the Dossier there would have been no warrant as the court would have refused to grant it for lack of evidence, no spying on the Trump campaign and no grounds for the current Mueller investigation.

Now that wouldn't by itself be enough to toss every single individual involved in the clink except for the following, which turns the above into a serious criminal felony that reaches everyone involved including quite-probably then-President Obama himself:

You see, the memo also documents that the FBI intentionally concealed the source and nature of the "Steele Dossier", including who paid for it, from the FISA Court Judges. The DOJ officials knew the Steele Dossier was paid for by Democrats and intentionally failed to include that in both the original warrant and three renewals aimed at Carter Page. Worse, the FBI had terminated Steele as an FBI source for unauthorized disclosures to the media months prior -- and didn't disclose that to the court either! In short despite the DOJ and FBI knowing that Steele had a personal animus against Donald Trump's campaign, was financially motivated by the Democrats who were paying him, and in addition had been disqualified as an FBI source due to prior personal misconduct they intentionally concealed all three facts from the FISA court not just once -- but four times in total.

This standing alone is a crime; it constitutes not only obstruction of justice but also perjury, and is further a fraud upon the court.

market-ticker.org...

It's up to the administration and the majority if they will pursue criminal prosecution. They may let it all slide, wouldn't surprise me a bit or use it as a bargaining chip for the coming debt ceiling debates, those are coming up again in a few weeks.

Only thing is, the dems that vote, will throw them under the bus anyway.

They don't care how anything looks.

They probably will stand and beat their chests saying they were for justice from the beginning.

Just like they did with Comey a few times.

I agree about sliding tho, wouldn't surprise me either.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xenon129
Sorry if this is off topic, but is there anyway to mute certain posters or have their posts not show up? There are so many posts to read through and I just want to mute the trolls so I can cycle through the posts a little faster as this whole thing unfolds. Is there anyway to do that?

Not sure if that's an option here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Snowden gave this type of abuse by Government officials the light of day a few years ago

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

old news .

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

if you are talking about Manafort and Page , their crimes were long before Trump . Trump being stupid not vetting them enough is not a crime

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That’s what people haven’t quite realized yet... this is some benodict Arnold level stuff. People are going to have to be executed to keep the integrity of the US historical narrative. That’s why the democrats were so scared. Not for themselves per se but for their coworkers lives. I think that’s why Nancy was sucking on her dentures at the SOTU addresss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join