It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth’s magnetic poles due to flip with dire effects, report claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have heard everything from "WE ARE DOOMED" to "Hey IT AIN'T NO BIG DEAL"..

From my personal experience I would think it might be a tad bit of both scenarios as I would not bet the farm on any belief camp. A CME can be a big deal for earth's electric grid and even airline crew and passengers; so all we can do is guess what may happen...The flip has happened every 2 to 300,000 years but the last flip happened over 780,000.. We are statistically over due

According to an Undark report, the flip could cause “devastating streams of particles from the sun, galactic cosmic rays and enhanced ultraviolet B rays from a radiation.”

The report is not the only thing I have read which says such things to include possible electric grid failures but... Our dear all knowing governmental agency known as NASA says

But a global apocalypse isn’t guaranteed, as NASA explains: “Many doomsday theorists have tried to take this natural geological occurrence and suggest it could lead to Earth’s destruction.”

“But would there be any dramatic effects? The answer, from the geologic and fossil records we have from hundreds of past magnetic polarity reversals, seems to be ‘no.'”

That is a good point but you have to wonder during past reversals how many life forms depended on electricity ?? Not many I wager..hahah

nypost.com...

A little visual for those who are interested on the rapid pole movement youtu.be...

There are plenty of videos on both sides (doom and or it ain't all that big of a deal) of this event for those who might be interested.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

My only question now, having gone over and over this subject on this very website, countless times, is:

When, exactly, is it happening?

I do not want a date range, I want a calendar day that I need to pay attention to. Until that information becomes available, there is no reason for media entities to keep churning this story over and over.

With regard to how I think things will shake down, there is a possibility that certain modern comforts may be affected for a time by the flipping of the poles. BUT, it is also possible that they will not be in the slightest affected. The poles of this planet are not going to be in one orientation on one day, then SUDDENLY snap over to the opposing one. All indications from the geologic record, and indeed from monitoring of pole movement currently occurring, is that the poles do not "Flip". They gradually move from one polarity to the other, during a shift. This means that systems can be adapted, satellite controls programmed to take account of the change, algorithms created which mitigate for changes in the magnetosphere in sensitive systems, preventing the catastrophic effects suggested by doom mongers. In short, there will be time for crisis management to kick in, and adapt our technologies to the changing magnetospheric situation, so there is no real reason to assume devastating consequences.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I would say the data is wrong.

We'll be still here logged in this time next year

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I cannot understand how a pole-shift can happen..

Would we not get a "even" downward gravity pull wherever you are on earth.. I know there are some hills and mountains, and the earth is more oval then round.. But still, I cannot see a big deal about what is magnetic north or south or how it could shift.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Spacespider,

First of all, our planet will have the same gravity regardless of the magnetic poles of the planet and their motion. That is a very important point that needs making straight off. There are relationships between gravity and magnetism, but they are not mutually dependent on one another. Our planet has a gravity to it which is dependent only on the fact that enough mass has been concentrated in the area it comprises, to bend space time into a gravity well format. Mass is gives our planet gravity, and magnetism in that respect, has nothing at all to do with it, and cannot affect the fact or the degree of gravity we experience on the surface.

Now, it could be argued that it is only the gravity of our planet, coupled with the presence of liquid metals in the core, which bring about the geomagnetic effects we are used to, which give the planet its magnetosphere. Its perfectly possible that gravity causes the motion of that liquid metal, which in turn drives a magnetic effect that we record as our magnetosphere, but even if we had no magnetism in our world, it would have gravity equal to its current amount, because its gravity is a matter of mass and nothing else.

That being dealt with and out of the way, the poles of this planet, regardless of an individuals ability to comprehend the fact, do move and have done since the planet has been a cohesive whole. The timescales this movement occurs on are a matter of geologic record, and you can look up countless research articles and bits of mineralogical and geological evidence for that. The poles are, in fact, moving even now, and despite the immediate and urgent mewling of some science commentators, behaving as if an imminent and sudden change is on the cards, is simply wrong. If the pole shift has indeed begun, that means that thousands of years of motion is beginning, thousands of years of the poles slowly wandering off and then finding their way to the place where their opposite number had been before. This is not a cometary impact, or the approach of some cosmic gamma beam from a stellar explosion in another star system. This is run of the mill, same old same old, and SLOW in its outworking (although relatively fast from a geologic perspective).

As to the why the shift occurs, that is probably something you could learn a little about by reading this page...

www.scientificamerican.com...

There is a lot of great supplementary data to read there too.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks for that, but I always just thought of the inner earth being very chaotic and random..
So in order to push the poles around.. would mean a collective effort of those inner earth mechanics.
And being chaotic and random, that would be like rolling six, 100 times in a row.
I would like to think the randomness make it a balanced center, and a trustful poles.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I wonder what it will do to our consciousness , since our brain does have a electrical field , are we also going through a shift in consciousness an new age of enlightenment
and its overdue !

I am not worried , but it would be nice if we had to adapt and change enough so that we worked entirely with renewable green energy

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Here we go again.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Some say there are already many signs.

I guess when it flips, its almost like shields are down from cosmic rays, so its probably not a good idea to bask in the sun at that time. Birds and other creatures may not know which way is up.

I don't think it will be too big a deal.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Naa, I think we're still gonna be a bunch of things that kill and eat each other.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Aye well we can only dream and hope cant we!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Ah, but have you thought about how gravity and thermodynamics acts on the liquid metal in the core of Earth? How can it possibly be anything other than chaotic? As, however, with all the chaotic situations in our understanding of the universe, there are sparks of order within that chaos. Order and chaos in this regard, are not alien to one another. One often arises out of the other. Sometimes what we see as chaotic is the outworking of a very careful order. Sometimes what we see as order is an outworking of something deeply chaotic.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks for that, but I always just thought of the inner earth being very chaotic and random..
So in order to push the poles around.. would mean a collective effort of those inner earth mechanics.
And being chaotic and random, that would be like rolling six, 100 times in a row.
I would like to think the randomness make it a balanced center, and a trustful poles.

The crust surface of the Earth is solid. Same with the metallic iron/nickel core of the Earth. But the inner and outer cores seem to move in opposite directions; East vs. West creating eddies inbetween the two boundaries. These create the magnetic field. Then there is the semi-liquid mantle has various convection currents which are rising and falling in places. These drag the tectonic plates around.

What would happen in a pole reversal is that the two major North and South poles would gradually lose strength, while other locations would gain strength until there were multiple North and South poles. Then the poles would flip polarity.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The poles were supposed to have flipped several times. Just like a magical giant planet was supposed to end our planet not once last year but twice. This is nothing but sensationalism.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ben does a good job of explaining what is actually going on: youtu.be...

Where are we going in the big scheme of things: youtu.be... Great series IMO

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Now for the rest of the story .
Ever play with two magnets >
slowly turn them towards each other as they get closer and closer they push harder and hard to the point no matter how well you hold them all of a sudden they Flip .
Well now this event could end up being just that the poles are getting closer and closer together when the tipping point hit the flip can happen in mints .
as for past data showing ELES when the event happens well we have that info .
Seams someone is out to get us humans lol

Now dont misunderstand me non of these thing may happen but it is possible .
But so is being hit by a comet or a super sun storm or a Gama ray burst or just dust ( the solar system enters a area of space with lots of dust ( aka nebula ) we then frezz solid .

The universe is a crap shoot earth has been rolling 7s for the last 300 k - 800 k years its not a question of if But WHEN . The good news is It has happened ALL of that and earth survived and life found a way teh bad news is it may not be Human life that find the way .

You may feel indestructible with nuks and tanks and guns you may feel so with your tech Nothing can harm Us human kinds existence is assured you say .
Nothing is farther from the truth our existence is and always will be at the wim or random events ( we dont need a Destructive God it will happen anyway .

Some day we will be the dinosaur and the only place to see us will be a museum .
but wate there is hope space is the answer get some of the eggs out of earths basket colonize other plants Mars would be a good start then is teh worst happend humans would still be around .

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"Scientific" reports claim .... How many times did I hear this sentence ? ...
Let's not talk anymore about "Scientific" reports and let's ask the experts directly !

So the question goes to Merkel and BND's director Bruno Kahl ...
"Politicized and Scaremongering" reports claim that the magnetic field is in danger and the poles are shifting .....
What do you make out of this ?

Of course let's make it obvious that this bunch of bullcrap is not coming from the spooks like BND or MI6 ... no no

it's coming from very intelligence characters who, suddenly decided that it was a great idea to report "Terrifyingly terrifying radiations" from a submarine that has been at the bottome of the northern sea since 1989 !

After all, there's no better reporting than a 30-years delayed one ...

... time to kiss goodbye to human civilization on earth I guess . Greta , save us all , please make another School Strike

P.S. We would prefer Bruno Kahl's reporting on massive levels of child abuse done in Germany and France, especially perpetrated by Islamists and among Islamists in sects, such as MeK ..... of course that obviously requires first the hijacking of Oil Tankers , transporting Iranian crude oil to Italy or Greece. For that, purpose though, there's the British who are proficient in piracy , especially while illegally residing in Gibraltar (Spain)

Now ... why would an Iran owned company name their Oil Tanker "Grace I" ? Think about it !
edit on 12-7-2019 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join