It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The City of London Corporation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Before we get started, I would like to extend my gratitude to ATS member RelSciHistItSufi for much of the information and links in this thread have come directly from them, I am merely serving as a chronicler though I will also provide whatever insight I am able to muster.

Also, this will be a multi-part OP, so please refrain from responding until I have all parts up; thank you in advance.

With all of the above being said, let's get into the thread proper.

We will be taking a closer look at the entity known as "The City of London corporation." This entity seems to have a very deep and somewhat mysterious history and I have found that it is tied to numerous conspiracies. This is my first encounter with the Corporation directly and it came from a chance comment on a thread. From the little I have been able to glean of the reading I've done, I am somewhat surprised I haven't heard of the Corporation before but after a bit of reflection I can see where it has been on the periphery of many things I have touched upon in the past.

From wikipedia:

There is no surviving record of a charter first establishing the Corporation as a legal body, but the City is regarded as incorporated by prescription, meaning that the law presumes it to have been incorporated because it has for so long been regarded as such (e.g. Magna Carta states that "the City of London shall have/enjoy its ancient liberties").[6] The City of London Corporation has been granted various special privileges since the Norman Conquest,[7][8] and the Corporation's first recorded Royal Charter dates from around 1067, when William the Conqueror granted the citizens of London a charter confirming the rights and privileges that they had enjoyed since the time of Edward the Confessor. Numerous subsequent Royal Charters over the centuries confirmed and extended the citizens' rights.[9]

Looking elsewhere, we see that the CoLC seems to enjoy special status:

'It was the only corporation in England, the members of which were elected by popular suffrage. It was the most dignified, the most powerful, the wealthiest of all the municipal bodies. Its origin, like that of many other corporations, was lost in prescription, but its privileges were recognized or extended by no less than one hundred and twenty charters, beginning with the reign of William the Conqueror. . . . . The constitution and privileges of this famous body are, indeed, a remarkable proof of what the bold and independent spirit of the people could effect even in the earliest times. They erected a Government side by side with that of the Sovereign in his capital City; imitating, if not emulating, the great institutions of the realm. This government had its Chief Magistrate, its Court of Aldermen, its Common Council, analagous to King, Lords, and Commons. It was in some respects an imperium in imperio affecting independent rights, and almost equal degree. The City of London to this day closes its gates on certain occasions at the approach of royalty, or the representatives of the Crown. By a particular exception in the annual Mutiny Act soldiers are not to be billeted within its domain. In all acts of Parliament touching municipal rights, the privilege of the City is expressly excepted. When the Corporation address the Crown, the Lord Mayor and principal officers insist upon being received in state by the King on the throne. If they approach the House of Commons, their petition is not presented in the ordinary way by one of their representatives but is delivered at the bar by their Sheriffs in full dress.

emphases mine

The Corporation of London by W.N. Massey

These customs seem to imply that the CoLC enjoys exalted status when compared with other entities. It appears as though to be an equal sovereign to the Crown.

A Guardian article refers to the CoLC:

This autonomous state within our borders is in a position to launder the ill-gotten cash of oligarchs, kleptocrats, gangsters and drug barons. As the French investigating magistrate Eva Joly remarked, it "has never transmitted even the smallest piece of usable evidence to a foreign magistrate". It deprives the United Kingdom and other nations of their rightful tax receipts.

The current Lord Mayor of London is Chares Bowman. This office is for a one year term with no possibility of a repeat; though this has not always been the case, apparently it happened in the past but that has since changed.

This person's job is to generate and promote business business for the CoLC, and by taking a look at the itinerary for the coming year, we see quite a bit of activity related to that indeed:

Lord Mayor's programme 2017-18
​Dates
Visits
9-13 December
Saudi Arabia and UAE
15-17 January
Scotland
22-23 January
Israel
24-26 January
Switzerland (World Economic Forum)
9-23 February
Australia and New Zealand
4-7 March
Spain and Portugal
17-28 March
China and Hong Kong SAR
21 April - 2 May
Brazil and Chile
5-13 May
Japan and South Korea
15-16 May
Norway
31 May - 8 June
United States and Canada
26 June - 1 July
Nigeria and Kenya
7-13 July
Malaysia and Singapore
26-29 July
Northern England
6-11 September
United States (Civic Visit) and Mexico
7-14 October
India
Other visits, yet to be confirmed, are likely to take place to Northern Ireland, Switzerland, several EU destinations, and other countries. Further details will be included on the website in due course.

---To be continued---

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Corporation has 3 funds from which it operates:

City's Cash is an account set up and run by the Corporation of the City of London in which it keeps the accumulated funds of donations going back to the fifteenth century. It is a sovereign wealth fund.[1] It is one of three funds run by the City of London, the other two being the City Fund and the City Bridge Trust.[2]

The City of London's right to acquire any 'wastes and open spaces' gave rise to the City's Cash estate. Its core holding is a 35-acre (14-hectare) estate within the 'Square Mile', including the Old Bailey, sections of New Broad Street, Whitefriars and Fenchurch Street, plus the markets of Smithfield and Leadenhall.[3] Billingsgate market, although now outside the City, also forms part of the Cash estate.[3]

Let's take a look at the CoLC's coat of arms:

The arms appear for the first time on a seal from 1380.The sword has often been described or attributed to the dagger with which Sir William Walworth, Mayor of London, stabbed the rebel Wat Tyler on June 15th, 1381. The arms with the sword, however, predate this event. Another story states that the sword was granted by King Richard II as a reward for William Walworth's services to the King. There are, however, no historical evidences for either story. The dragons appear for the first time on an illustration in a book from 1633. The same book, the Survey of London, by Stow, also first mentions the motto 'Domine dirige nos' (Lord, direct us).
On a seal of the Mayoralty dating from the late 14th century the arms show two lion supporters. These are not seen elsewhere.

The origin of the dragons is not clear, it may be that they are derived from the story of St. George, the patron saint of England, in which the saint kills a dragon. The sword and the dragons thus distinguished the arms of the city from those of England.
The oldest known image of a crest dates from 1539 when they appear on the reverse of the common seal of the city. The oldest image is not very clear and looks like a fan-like object, charged with the cross of St. George. By the end of the 17th century, the crest has developed into the dragon wing (see image below). Sometimes the arms were shown with two wings, facing each other.

Several points of interest:

1) Coats of Arms are supposed to be granted (by the Queen) but this one has never officially been granted... although it is formally recorded!

2) The dragons are supposed to refer to St. George (England's patron saint) but every other reference to St. George and the dragon includes a lance or spear that kills the dragon. Instead, the City of London uses dragons as guardians of the City boundaries.

3) The sword is supposed to refer to St. Paul. Whilst the City has St. Paul's cathedral and on one level the sword is supposed to be his, it is also linked with being Gaius Julius Caesar's sword that was lost in hand to hand combat with the local tribe in London. There are web links to Caesar beheading St. Paul in Rome around the same time the sword would then have been lost in London.

4) St. Paul is thought to be related to Herod, roman and to have persecuted Christians before his conversion.

5) St. Paul worked closely with st Peter in Rome and they are buried together! However it was Paul who had the first church in Rome (before the vatican) and Paul who mingled pagan roman gods and festivals with Christianity. Some say Paul was the first pope, not Peter.

6) The sword must always point upwards. For example where the city flag is used as an ensign on a boat its direction on the flag changes so that it still points upwards! Why? Does it symbolize fighting something from above? God?

The City of London motto as shown on coat of arms is "'DOMINE DIRIGE NOS' - This is ambiguous!

We are told by CoLC that this means "Lord, direct us", implying working for Christ. However use of a Latin English translator shows it could equally mean:

The Master directs us (The Master tells us what to do?)
We take direction from Sir (Lord Mayors of CoLC are usually made knights called Sir).

Why the ambiguity?

Moving on to other areas, there are two parcels of property on which rent of an unusual kind is due each and every year. It does these with the Ceremony of Quit Rents:

A rather unusual and decidedly British ceremony takes place each year in late October. The City of London pays rent to the Crown for two pieces of land, even though it no longer knows their exact locations! For the first piece of land, somewhere in Shropshire, the City pays two knives, one blunt and one sharp. For the second piece of land, 6 giant horseshoes and 61 nails are handed over.

What makes one of these a bit more interesting is a possible connection it shows:

The second quit rent is for the use of the forge in Tweezer’s (or Twizzer’s) Alley, somewhere near The Strand. It is believed that the first tenant, Walter Le Brun, was a blacksmith who had set up his business near the tilting ground of the Knights Templar sometime around 1235. Again the tenancy was taken over by the City of London sometime during the intervening centuries.

What we are seeing here is an organization that is as old as many of the oldest secret societies. What's more is that various personalities have had interactions in the past. One of the Lord Mayors worked with one such personality.

To whit:

In 1570, Billingsley published his translation of Euclid's Elements The elements of geometrie of the most ancient philosopher Euclide of Megara. (Actually, it should have been Euclid of Alexandria; the two Euclids were frequently confused in the Renaissance.) The work included a lengthy preface by John Dee, which surveyed all the existing branches of pure and applied mathematics. Dee also provided copious notes and other supplementary material. The work was printed in folio by John Day, and included several three-dimensional fold-up diagrams illustrating solid geometry. Though not the very first, it was one of the first books to include such a feature.

Wikipedia

---To be concluded---
edit on 1-2-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: no like wall of text

edit on 1-2-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Finally, I will link a few past ATS threads that have been written about this topic, commentary by RelSciHistItSufi:

1) 2008 - OP only - no replies
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) 2011 - under 1 page. Links Vatican, DC and CoLC
THE VATICAN, City of London and the District of Columbia RULE THE WORLD!

3) 2005 - 3 pages but no flags. Links to david icke book. Shows how little ppl knew about it 13 yrs ago.
What is the City of London?

4) 2009 - under 1 page but links Jesuits against CoLC. Also Great Fire of London 1666 happened because Lord Mayor (who was timber merchant and stood to gain from rebuild) stopped attempts to put fire out when small.
The Great Fire of London in 1666

5) 2009 - under 1 page but IMPORTANT. Suggests original 13 US states owned by CoLC!!
Does the USA belong to the Virginia Company?

Virginia, Rhode Island, Plymouth, New York, Hudson Bay and all 13 original 'States' were 1st CHARTERED COMPANIES of the "CITY OF LONDON CORPORATION"..!!

And D.C. is a DISTRICT of the CITY OF LONDON CORPORATION controlled under Admiralty International Flag Law.

The City of London Corporation, officially and legally the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London, is the municipal governing body of the City of London, the historic centre of London and the location of much of the UK's financial sector.

6) 2008 - Under 1 page, no flags but links CoLC to "TheCrown" - a 12 person secret management committee.
Dueling Puppets - Who's In charge?

7) 2012 - 7 pages but only part of the thread
Secrets Revealed ! - page 5

8) 2013 - 2 pages but video on CoLC/Crown corporation
We Are All Debtors, USA is a Corporation, Great Britain Owns The U.S.A, Income Tax is Our Payment

The previous threads don't seem to have been very popular and in all honesty, I have not had much chance to peruse them myself so there may be a reason for the low flag and reponse to each of the above linked threads.

And that about wraps up the OP minus a tad.

Now that we have a framework upon with to attach more detail, I would like to see what connections we can establish between what is going on in the U.S. a la The Storm and events that may be happening in the U.K. Are there any business dealings between U.S corporations and entities in the Square Mile? Can we determine who might be black hat and who might be white hat?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Greatest thread....flagged pronto ...ya see

this is whom runs the world.....the size is what....a square mile I think.......

the thing about it is the Queen is from the of Ceasar maybe....I trade with the London Open......but this

London is the bank.....Rome is the church and Washington is the .....hate to write out.......gotta go

edit on 1-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Great thread!

Shining light into the belly of the beast. The City is an independent sovereign entity in a league all it's own. Even neutral Switzerland is jealous of CoCL's ability to remain a mystery. CoCL and the Federal reserve together enslaving humanity for over 100 years. Winning.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Note that CoLC has been visibly enslaving kings and humanity for more like 900 years... particularly from the point when English kings ran out of money and had to beg to borrow from the City Merchants in the corporation to pay their bills and fund wars.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Interesting to follow the gifts received by the Lord Mayor, via the Charles Bowman link:

From Lady Forester de Rothshild (March '17) - "Book: Inclusive Capitalism Eds 14 and 15"

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't believe "Domine Dirige Nos" is ambiguous exactly, it is just that Latin can be a challenging language to interpret. Context is really important.

I think "Lord, guide us" is a reasonable interpretation.

Lord = most likely Jesus.
Note that A.D. = Anno Domini "in the year of our Lord".

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RelSciHistItSufi

Indeed the CoLC is the Iron Bank.
You can't win a war without them.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

the thing about it is the Queen is from the of Ceasar maybe....

I wrote this many years ago:

Queen Elizabeth II is direct lineage of the Roman Caesars by blood

I made a correction on page 2 for a small mistake I made with Venus Julia. Otherwise the initial list is a correct genealogy.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
CPG Grey has an interesting video on this topic

Grey makes videos with cool little stick drawings. He also has how to become pope, weird boarders, and a ton of other interesting little videos

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Bravo!!!! I knew I would see another OP that likened to “All Roads Lead To Rome” before I closed my eyes for the long sleep! My heart and my soul needed a reprieve from the normal banter of political catcalls and chasing childish tails. This framework and layout is majestic in the way it steps out the lore of times long awaited and mysteries that a faded in the digs of time. BRAVO!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I defer to your greater experience as to the veracity of the pure Latin translation. I only did Latin A level.

This does not mean that the motto could not have been differently interpreted by those in the know though... double entendre?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this jAc. Very important info to consider.

Ran-up against a brick-wall a couple of years ago, when trying to understand how something called ''The Crown", could prevent a natural-born Canadian from going-off into the woods, and building a camp.

The relationship between "The Crown", and the CoLC, are fuzzy to our simple eyes.

Well worth looking into all that is controlled worldwide, from within the CoLC.
Rumors of a high percentage of moneyable patents, controlled from within.
And so much more.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You think that is bad! The Commonwealth of Australia is a registered corporation registered to Washington DC.

www.sec.gov...

truth-now.net...

And they wouldn't even let me in, they own me already... cheeky buggers

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflashthe queen

The Queen.....I saw Picture of her when she was 23 or so...and ....are we tellin the truth here at ATS....is that right ok..well

she was samokin hot oh man.....samokin out of this world gorgeous

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: muzzleflashthe queen

The Queen.....I saw Picture of her when she was 23 or so...and ....are we tellin the truth here at ATS....is that right ok..well

she was samokin hot oh man.....samokin out of this world gorgeous

Dude... whatever floats your boat, but I think it has holes in it !!

... ok, she was not shabby, but.... I still get that funny vibe. (had to regoogle, too much brain fuzz these days)

edit on 1-2-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

hehe....but we're tellin the truth

coulda put her face in a magazine....

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Thank you for the clarification

Also appreciate the link to the piece you wrote!
edit on 1-2-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Great work there, thanks to both of you.

This will be the fourth time to try and reply to this thread, I had a long
post typed up, and poof, three times. Must be a thread angel wathcing
out for long boring posts. So, with that said I will post my ideas in a
few posts to see if I can get there.

It may be of interest to some that Vatican City is also very unusual,
and another city-state.

www.vaticanstate.va/content/vaticanstate/en.html

Vatican City State was founded following the signing of the Lateran Pacts between the Holy See and Italy on February 11th 1929. These were ratified on June 7th 1929.

Its nature as a sovereign State distinct from the Holy See is universally recognized under international law.

They also have a secret archive.

www.history.com...

Beyond that, many controversial ideas are floating about. Maybe some
of them are really worth looking into? Especially the monetary centered ones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join