It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three of Rick Gates Lawyers Just Abruptly Quit — Plea Deal Coming?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Hey Anti have you read the Atlantic article yet, good synopses of Manaforts & Gates dirty dealings.

The Plot Against America

Decades before he ran the Trump campaign, Paul Manafort’s pursuit of foreign cash and shady deals laid the groundwork for the corruption of Washington.

www.theatlantic.com...

K~

🐿 Good thing the Trump people let these guys expose themselves ! 🏃

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Is this the same Rick Gates who was charged with Manafort in series of criminal allegations related to their lobbying for a pro-Russia government of Ukraine, but nothing in relation to President Trump or the campaign?

This is the same Rick Gates whose business partner was trying to peddle influence over Donald Trump to Oleg Deripaska, who is closely tied to Putin and to whom he owed millions of dollars.

But yes, all the stuff I saw when the indictments dropped was related to pre-Trump crime which makes it even more of a head-scratcher that people are running around talking about fruit of the poisonous tree as the evidence for those crimes would have absolutely nothing to do with Carter Page or anything that would have been picked up with as a result of a FISA warrant for Carter Page.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I have read it. I cite it in the thread in my sig that you should definitely check out:

Evidence of Collusion Was Revealed In October

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh sorry I missed it, been offline, star & flag of course.

When is your thread on all of the sudden retiree's this year coming out?

K~

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

However, if strzok or other agents are shown to have acted in an unlawful manner, a good lawyer will try to argue that should warrant all charges being thrown out.

Anything's possible I suppose but I think we can rule out the possibility that these three lawyers would ever be trying to make that argument as they've all just quit the case.

To me, the most plausible scenarios are:

1. He's changing lawyers and we just haven't heard who the new lawyer or lawyers are yet. There's a number of reasons for a change in legal representation from something like a lack of money to a disagreement over strategy.

2. Rick Gates doesn't need to keep paying these lawyers because he's decided to flip. If he's flipped, it's over for Manafort but it could be really, really bad for a lot of other people too because Gates and Manfort have been partners for a long time and there's no doubt that Gates knows where a lot of bodies are buried. So he could actually give evidence against all sorts of people for any number of crimes, including all that Ukrainian lobbying involving the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine.

I mean, it's completely within the realm of possibility that we could see a bunch of prominent lobbyists go down. And that I think we can all agree would be great news. A whole slew of indictments would be awesome. Particularly if they bring down corrupt politicians with them.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
2. Rick Gates doesn't need to keep paying these lawyers because he's decided to flip. If he's flipped, it's over for Manafort but it could be really, really bad for a lot of other people too because Gates and Manfort have been partners for a long time and there's no doubt that Gates knows where a lot of bodies are buried. So he could actually give evidence against all sorts of people for any number of crimes, including all that Ukrainian lobbying involving the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine.

Mark this one off the list. Even if Gates was flipping and cooperating with the FBI to implicate someone else...he would still need an attorney to protect his interests.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Seems like you are working overtime at the moment, but you won't deflect from the memo regardless of your flurry of threads.
I suspect the lawyers have quit because they are no longer needed.
Mueller is done, as is the whole Russia scam.
The Obama administration used govt power to spy on Trump's campaign in order to try and rig the election and then destroy the incoming administration with propaganda.
You were party to this corruption - hopefully unwittingly.

Your post sounds like a proganda spiel in itself...but it looks more like a brown haemorrhage wandering about the place, looking for a way out.

Perhaps I should re-iterate the OP's most salient part for your delectation; ' Tom Green is an expert white-collar defense attorney with a long track record of negotiating plea deals with federal prosecutors.'
I obtained that from a different source than the OP's just so's you know, that those who do know much more than you or I know, are likely right on the button.

BTW, Tom Green associates have been seen in Mueller's operational workplace.

edit on 1-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Except that makes absolutely no sense. His primary lawyers wouldn't quit prior to charges being dropped first off. That's absurd on its face.

Please rethink that statement...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

As I mentioned at the bottom of the OP, it made the news about a week ago that Attorney Thomas Green had joined his legal team. Thomas Green is apparently know for high profile plea deals which fueled a flurry of speculation last week that Gates could be preparing to cooperate.

No word on Green's status as of today from what I could find.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Rethink what? If charges were being dropped (and there's absolutely no reason to believe that they are), his primary lawyers wouldn't withdraw from the case.

There wouldn't be a case to withdraw from. They'd continue to represent him until the charges were dropped. Then they'd come out on the courthouse steps and declare how justice had been served, blah blah blah.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

However, if strzok or other agents are shown to have acted in an unlawful manner, a good lawyer will try to argue that should warrant all charges being thrown out.

Anything's possible I suppose but I think we can rule out the possibility that these three lawyers would ever be trying to make that argument as they've all just quit the case.

Ante, Mike Levine, via Twitter, Tom Green is remaining on...

Three lawyers representing Trump associate Rick Gates in money-laundering case against him have asked to be dropped from the case. Meanwhile, Tom Green, a lawyer known for hammering out plea deals, stays on as counsel for Gates.

Green represented clients in the Watergate and Iran Contra scandals, and he has a long record of navigating complex white collar cases with legal and political elements. He most recently represented disgraced House Speaker Dennis Hastert. H/t
@MLevineReports

This may indicate he is plea bargaining and/or cooperating with Mueller.

edit on 1-2-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why would a flip lead to his legal team resigning? A plea and/or flip is easy money. Representation is supposed to work in his best interest. Frequently a plea is in their clients best interest.

I'm not suggesting Gates is innocent. It could be as simple as he refuses to listen to his counsel or that he's lied or hidden information from his legal team. Hard to effectively represent someone if you don't know what the real story is. He was also just sanctioned by the judge, for something foolish he almost certainly didn't clear with his legal team.

They're talking about new representation already and a trial date. That actually suggests to me he's not flipped.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Apparently lawyers from Green's firm were seen going into Mueller's office today.

CNN senior writer Katelyn Polantz‏ on Twitter

Katelyn Polantz‏ Verified account @kpolantz

BREAKING: Rick Gates' three attorneys who've been repping him in court withdrew from his case this afternoon.
AND THEN: A team of lawyers from Sidley Austin (which we connected to Gates last week) spent the afternoon inside Mueller's office building.

5:42 PM - 1 Feb 2018

Here's Thomas Green's page at Sidley Austin. Looks like Green also represented Dennis Hastert in 2015.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: UKTruth

Why would the document be filed under seal if Mueller was through with him?

Pardon my ignorance.

Edit to add... To Anti: If it is conflict of interest, I am wondering why DWS's brother is still representing the Awans'.

Different rules.

Pick up a scorecard at the door.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Did you happen to read this...

The Gang That Couldn’t Lie Straight

Hope Hicks could be in some very deep water.

www.nationalreview.com...

edit on 1-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Did you happen to read this...

The Gang That Couldn’t Lie Straight

national review

Hope Hicks could be in some very deep water.

Dead link...

Besides she’s only In trouble if she gets tricked into a interview without her lawyer... say like Flynn.

Other than that... 1 2 3 4 fif.... fif

Incase didn’t know.... fif

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Uh no... and added the link.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Uh no... and added the link.

Fif

m.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sure. That would help her not incriminate herself.

Just have to hope Corallo doesn't convince the judge and others can corroborate.

Or the Trump's don't throw her under the bus themselves.

Pleading the fifth only helps you not put your own foot in your mouth.

But you are correct hence why I said could be..

insider.foxnews.com...

PS. Star for the chuckle. Nice to bring humor into the bs of politics.

edit on 1-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Why would some of you want the charges dropped?? Gates flipping is bad news for the Podestas.

Its like people see Antes name and turn their brains off. Some of the most inciteful things I've read concerning all of these "investigations" have come in exchanges between ante and grambler.

edit on (2/1/1818 by PistolPete because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join