It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and gentlemen.. meet the Cernettes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So I'm on the you tube and watching random videos , videos that interest me. UFOs, sports, DNA results, political stuff, CERN, Joe Rogan podcast, hip hop, you know, a variety of videos.

I came across a YouTube page with less than 1000 followers. It's band page. They are called the Cernettes or Les Horribles Cernettes.

I was like, what is this? So I started watching the videos. All I can say is, how did I miss this? How could anyone miss this?

So I did a ATS search on them. I found two posts. Not threads, but just a post. One post said that they were the first photo ever published on the internet.

They also work for CERN.

It's just weird.

Here is a link to a video. Just go to their main you tube page and just listen. It is high strangeness.

The Cernettes "Antiworld"
edit on 1-2-2018 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

WTF man! What was even the point of tricking me into clicking this link?

... not cool dude!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

WTF man! What was even the point of tricking me into clicking this link?

... not cool dude!

What are you talking about? it's exactly what I said it was.

Don't try to derail my thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What is wrong with these people? Very odd to say the least.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

I see my thread got moved to music. It wasn't so much to be meant a music thread but a CERN thread or grey area thread. I just thought it was strange that these women work for CERN and we're the first photo ever uploaded to the internet. It seems like we should know about these women.

It's like they are from another universe. It's odd, and strange. Just the lyrics are bizarre.

They even have a song about the internet from 1993.

I should have made myself more clear.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

What is wrong with these people?

They think their the bee's knees of manipulation...

Oh damn, sorry... your talking about the chicks in the video aren't you?

Well, in that case, they must be injecting our beef with to much artificial testosterone these days... what else could it be?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This is very interesting to me as well.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You could have included an excerpt from the story...

Berners Lee wanted to make the web fun. What's the best way to do that? Pictures of pretty girls, looking pretty, evidently. "Sex sells!" Jean-François Groff reportedly told Berners Lee about which image to upload at the time. "It's media. You put a pretty girl in the media, people will notice the media. And whatever is around the pretty girl? Sure."

It doesn't recently sound like Groff was much of a feminist, but he sort of had the sex part right. However, it's worth considering that the Cernettes image became more lasting because scientists thought it was cute and funny. So maybe the Cernettes image was the very first photo uploaded to the web or maybe it was the fifth. But it was almost certainly the web's original meme, the first cultural artifact that got passed around.

Gizmodo.com - The Story of the First Photo on the Web.

The music is an inside joke. And here all I thought we got out of CERN was the Higgs Boson! We got the entire internet! This is kind of like the Buggles kicking off MTV!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I didn't watch it all, but does Dr. Frankenfurter bust onto the stage at some point?
I swear this sounds like something left on the cutting room floor from Rock Horror Picture Show.

top topics

join